New Solstice Corner Aft Sky Suite Photos

cruisewmn

Thanks for the pictures! What is the purpose of the balcony divider? If you have adjoining rooms? We are booked in Equinox #8345 in February and reading these boards I am beginning to be concerned about the privacy (or lack thereof!) in these aft suites.

Thanks for the clarification on that! Over the last few days I have been concerned about privacy, soot, poles in the room, etc. with these aft suites. But with the help of the folks on these boards, I feel much better! Thanks!

I was concerned as well about the aft sky suites, but it sounds like they are wonderful!! What date are you sailing? We are sailing on the Feb. 26th sailing in sky suite #9299.

Stitch77...we are on the same cruise! We had to cancel a Carib. cruise last year as I had my hip replaced. But by Feb. I should be in great shape to take full advantage of what Equinox has to offer!

How fun! We are the room above you. Well if it gets too noisy just bang on the ceiling! Can't wait this is our first celebrity cruise and being in our early 30's we were a little concerned about the age range on board, but it sounds like such an incredible ship that I don't think we will mind.

• 1 year later...
We are set to sail the Equanox Sept. 10 In room 1663. These pics help a great deal in the entire anticipation thing.

Can anyone tell us if the rooms on the different decks are a little different size.

We have traveled on several ships on the aft with our friends and the 2 rooms have never looked the same even though they were same class and position only different deck.

Thanks and looking forward to the info.

I'm also in 1663 Equinox Sept 2011 Please let me know how the suite is, I have been thinking it is a little larger than other Sky Suites because it is in the Corner, I booked it because of the location and larger balcony.

• 9 months later...
If you'd like to check out photos of Solstice Corner Aft Sky Suite #9299, I have a bunch. There are also pictures of the vestibule area when connected with Concierge Class cabin #9301.

Hope they help!

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisewmn?vhost=community

Great photos. We are in SS 9299 on the Solstice in a few weeks, so really appreciate the advance viewing of the cabin.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the pictures. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and we are in Sky Suite 9299. Please explain the balcony divider. What is this for? I am concerned that balconies above us will be able to look down onto ours? We had a balcony cabin like that on Princess and it was horrible, no privacy!

Thanks for the pictures. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and we are in Sky Suite 9299. Please explain the balcony divider. What is this for? I am concerned that balconies above us will be able to look down onto ours? We had a balcony cabin like that on Princess and it was horrible' date=' no privacy![/quote']

Hi Jef'sgrinny. We sailed on Equinox in a Sky Suite earlier this month and found that if you lean up against the railing then everyone who is above you, including people looking down from the Ocean View buffet, will be able to see you. However, if you sit back towards the wall, then it is unlikely anyone will see you.

This means that you're likely to look down on others as well as they stand at their railings. We found it was no big deal and would happily wave at others as they looked around.

The balcony divider separates your balcony from that of your immediate neighbour(s). You have to physically lean forward and over to get a glimpse of your neighbour's balcony, and we never found this to be a problem.

Don't worry, your cruise will be terrific!

We stayed in our first and only Sky Suite last cruise, also a corner aft on a different floor, on the Solstice. We had lucked out on a last minute sale on SS guarantees. We loved the room, and I do believe it is a bit bigger than other SS's. The poles were a bit annoying particularly for the person who slept in the bed closest to the window (that would be me:)) as I had to climb around one of them to get out of bed. All in all a wonderful room. Our only issue was that there were pretty high seas of the rolling type, and that location rocked and rolled quite a bit. I usually sail in mid-ship cabins and I don't care what anyone else tells you, if there is motion it will be felt more in the back. The room was so great I would risk it again though if I could afford to!

• 6 months later...
If you'd like to check out photos of Solstice Corner Aft Sky Suite #9299, I have a bunch. There are also pictures of the vestibule area when connected with Concierge Class cabin #9301.

Hope they help!

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisewmn?vhost=community

Hi!! I know this is an old thread, but I can't access the pictures. Will you be so kind to update the link? Will be appreciated. Have a great day!:):)

I was not able to view the photos...is everyone signing into Facebook to view therm? :confused: :confused:

I was not able to view the pictures either, hoping for the original OP to come back and give us a new link.

Archived