RUBY 2/14 sailing REALLY LONG review!!!

Jessica33

Thanks for the great review Jessica. Can you tell us about cabins on the Ruby Lido deck. I wondered if they are windy or rough being so high. I think you said your cabin was on thar level. We are booked on the Ruby Lido next year.

We were in LIDO 256 which was a balcony cabin on the port side of the boat. We like this deck the best because of its location. We feel very little wind and rocking of the boat compared to lower levels. When we sleep with the balcony door open at night it gets a bit breezy but its soothing. I definetly recomend the LIDO DECK.

Glad you enjoyed the Ruby. We were on the 2-7 cruise and it was our best yet! The crew, food, and services took us to a new level with Princess and we won't be going back. :cool:

Oh, and welcome the Princess CC board, it's usually a friendly bunch unless you mention a few of the no-no's (smoking, chair hogs, dining room dress, etc., etc.) :D

Nice review!

One question about your statement of Ocho Rios. You said they took it off the itinerary. Is that for the remainder of this cruise season or next year? We are leaving on Sat. and our itinerary says "Ocho Rios".

Are there places in the shade on Princess Cays? Any hammocks?

Thanks!

It appears that as of this fall ('09), Jamaica will not be included in the 7 day Caribbean itineraries. I thought I've seen it included in some of the 14 day itineraries, as few as there are. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

What does me being her BF have to do with anything?? I would have responded the same way to your remarks had I seen them on any post. All you provided were sarcastic and rude comments. I feel bad you and your "partner" dont enjoy lunch together for a few minutes knowing you can go back to your loungers. And who made you the mecca know it all of crusing? You know what people shop for when traveling? You know its a clearnence sail not a outlet?

There are two piers in Jamaica - one passenger and the one we docked at that is being rebuilt into a passenger. And they didnt build a dock at princess cay because the water is to shallow.

In summary before you comment in the future get your facts straight and dont attack unless you have reason to.

Oh my gosh...let some things go....I was on this very cruise and thought the review was accurate. You all should focus on the positive. If there are a few errors, relax...they are minor. She never claimed to be Jacques Cousteau. Who cares about the depth around Princess Cays for Pete's sake!

Thanks for the quick response. We are in L 250 - very near where you were. We chose the location, but when you book a year out it give you lots of time to second guess your choices! I think proximity to the pools & buffet will be worth a little breeze and movement!

oh my gosh...let some things go....i was on this very cruise and thought the review was accurate. You all should focus on the positive. If there are a few errors, relax...they are minor. She never claimed to be jacques cousteau. Who cares about the depth around princess cays for pete's sake!

Originally Posted by Jessica33 viewpost.gif

At 11am there is also outlet shopping in one of the dinning rooms where they have a bunch of clothing at discount prices and some t-shirts discounted as well. Last years outlet shopping on the Crown was better' date='[/i']

IT's a clearance sale - not an outlet mall.

Actually, now Princess calls it an "Onboard Outlet Sale."

thanks for the review. We are sailing on Ruby next week and are just so excited. We had not planned on getting off at Jamaica and your post just confirmed to me that it is not worth it. Have been many times anyways. I believe the other ship in port is the Celebrity Century which is funny as this was the first cruise we took as a family 7 years ago. We have a great photo of the kids on shore by the picnic tables with the ship in the background!! Was hoping to do that again with the Ruby but guess not since we are not at that dock.

Yes the wine flights are great at Vines ! They have a Red flight, White Flight and a mixed one I want to say. That may not be 100% accurate so I hope I don't get ripped to shreds again for not being 100% right (for those extremely negative people). We had the wine flight and they range in price from $8.50 - $14.50 I think. The woman working there talks about the 3 wines and how they should taste and what you will be tasting. It was great ! Definitely something fun to do for all those wine lovers!

So a wine flight is actually a wine tasting with information being provided about the wine beforehand? Thank you for your review. I will be sailing on the Ruby 3/21. I enjoyed hearing about your cruise.

So a wine flight is actually a wine tasting with information being provided about the wine beforehand? Thank you for your review. I will be sailing on the Ruby 3/21. I enjoyed hearing about your cruise.

Actually a wine flight is a tasting pour (2.5 oz) of wine and you usually get 4 of them. It's a great way to try various wines to figure out what you like better. You'll have various

If you are lucky, the person taking care of you will be able to tell you a bit about each of the wines but this doesn't always seem to be the case on Princess in my personal experience.

Really enjoyable read.

Take no notice of the negative posters on here - they are all "know it alls". I bet in reality they're all up there with their towels at 6:30 they love to just pay lip service to what the Holier than Thou's love to hear!

Glenda

Thanks for a great review Jessica, and I am ashamed at those of you who have been so rude to this lady, what will you do if my husband and I leave our chairs to go in the pool together and swim for a while will you time us or toss our books, sunglasses etc... overboard, really people. Please do not stoop to such low levels and think that you know why that chair has a towel on it, because you must not be having a good time if all you do is police the pool chairs. Remember, removing someone's property is stealing and then security will be notified for a valid reason.

I hate the drama has taken away from a great review.....enough! Can't wait to sail the Ruby myself, your review only increased my excitement. (I shared it with others on our sailing and they were excited to read it too.)

Enough with the chair hogging comments people! Just enjoy your cruise, believe me there are chairs for everyone! Not all those on a cruise lay in the sun!

You complainers are probably the same ones who sit in the dining room hog a table /CHAIR and gorge yourselves with multiple helpings just because you paid for it!

Thanks for a great review Jessica, and I am ashamed at those of you who have been so rude to this lady, what will you do if my husband and I leave our chairs to go in the pool together and swim for a while will you time us or toss our books, sunglasses etc... overboard, really people. Please do not stoop to such low levels and think that you know why that chair has a towel on it, because you must not be having a good time if all you do is police the pool chairs. Remember, removing someone's property is stealing and then security will be notified for a valid reason.

I agree with you.....

I think it was very nice of Jessica to take the time to post this review; which i enjoyed very much.

Please let's all stop and think before we post something that can be hurtful to others.....we are all here to help each other.....

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the great review,. My husband and I are booked the Ruby for the 3-14-09 cruise and have already reserved the Moby Dick Stingray City Tour.

I was wondering if you could give me some more information on the Occidental Grand Cozumel Resort.

Where did you get the taxi to go there?

Did you pay the enterance fee at the resort and do they take US dollars?

And last why Occidental?

Thanks

Amy

Enough with the chair hogging comments people! Just enjoy your cruise, believe me there are chairs for everyone! Not all those on a cruise lay in the sun!

You complainers are probably the same ones who sit in the dining room hog a table /CHAIR and gorge yourselves with multiple helpings just because you paid for it!

As to you first comment, there are plenty of people who like to lie in the sun but do not get the chance because of people 'reserving' chairs. We have even seen people moving from the sun to the shade but still leaving a towel on the bed in the sun so no-one else can make use of it. I cannot count the number of times we have walked round and round trying to find a spot in the sun on a sea day and finally having to either sit in the shade or retire to our balcony, if we had one.

As to your second comment :confused::confused::confused:

sorry - duplicate post

Thanks for the great review Jessica! I have been mulling over a Ruby cruise next year and found your post to be informative. I especially liked the detail you provided. :)

-Janine

Archived