Mr Sanchos

gog

That's what kind of has me worried. I went through the website and got a reply from this email address. Should I be worried that I heard from Angelita and not Carrie? I wouldn't normally think twice about it, but since there have been problems lately I'm getting nervous.

And has anyone actually spoken to Oliver since all of this? Is he accepting reservations made through tourcozumel?

I wouldn't worry about it, I have gotten emails from the same address. I think Angelita must work from that one??? I know when I booked, Carrie told me that Angelita would be sending my confirmation; so really I didn't give it a second thought.

lhogan, not disputing you at all because I believe you; but why would Oliver say to post that when Carrie obviously sends them a lot of business...unless he has made it personal?? I don't know, I am stumped. I wish she could come on here and defend herself but that certainly wouldn't look very professional I guess.

Carrie told me she's not allowed to post on CC. She told me the reason she thinks he told me to post this was because he can get more $ by charging the $50 per person. I don't know if it's the case or what, but she said she has a meeting with them this week. I hope she can get it resolved. I would've never posted if Oliver hadn't lead me to believe there had been a lot of issues. She told me the only issues ever were this past week. I don't know why he would want to shoot himself in the foot that way. The other excursions we took this week including Fins and Flippers and Cave Tubing with Yhony were all booked by using CC information and they all went off without a hitch.

It sounds like she's trying to resolve it, but obviously the issues lie between Oliver and Carrie.

• Administrators

Sorry, I think you are all finding crumbs to work with here.

One of the best things about these ports of call forums is that you can save money on your shore excursion by not booking through the cruise lines -- and finding the deal yourself.

So, why are you all bending over backward to "justify" purchasing through a third-party with a gmail.com address? You are always better off buying direct than with a third party. Listen, I have nothing against anyone making a buck, but why should they make it off of you?

Do your homework; think twice before you book with someone you don't know. Just because you "read it here" means absolutely nothing. Also, check the dates of registration for those who are "touting" the same tour company over and over. Have they anything else to say at all? Have you checked their postings?

I'm telling you - a gmail.com account should raise HUGE red flags.

Here's something to try when dealing wth companies who have websites: check their registration information on whois.net. Go ahead, trying inputting *****. What do you get? Upfront information about their company? Contact information? Address of place of business? Or are they 'hiding' behind a registration proxy.

This is all simple detective work that YOU can do to protect YOURSELF.

Seriously, it only takes a moment. Do it.

I am sure you are aware that they are two different companies?? But it should all be okay. Hope you enjoy your day.

Well aware of that.. hence why I posted the question. Still I guess nobody has booked with Cozumel Tours.. only Tour Cozumel.. I know we will enjoy our day Thanks;)

O.K. I am going to add my two cents here. This week I have read on this thread about an issue with Mr Sanchos not honoring another posters receipt for an AI. I dug out my information to find out what everyone was talking about. Well I only found my paypal receipt and nothing from Mr Sanchos. I wrote them an email and they responded right back to me via email. They said I needed the confirmation page from Mr Sanchos. I remember having it and could not find it. I emailed Carrie and Angelina with the information I did have to confirm that I was all set for my July trip to Cozumel. After two emails they sent me a copy of the receipt that I will need for Mr Sanchos! Carrie and her crew took care of my concerns right away! I will have a great day in Cozumel enjoying my AI for the discounted price no matter if it came from gmail or a .com address or a third party who ever :D

I too wrote to both Carrie and Mr. Sancho's after reading what was posted here, and both have told me I have nothing to worry about - in fact, after mentioning to them what was posted on her - they confirmed that the info was misleading and partially false.

I may have jumped the gun by writing, but it was slightly a concern. Our reservation has been confirmed and we no longer have an worries - cannot wait to arrive next week!!!

Perfect Stranger,

I do not think you have anything to worry about. Like I said, both sides have claimed the info posted here was incorrect.

They had a problem last week, with someone literally booking from the ship, the day of - and the payment did not process through PayPal that fast...so there was a delay. There was another issue which was a mistake at their end, but all was resolved.

We will be there a week from tomorrow - I will have a drink for all of you!!!

hey everyone!! question: I saw that Mr Sanchos does the horseback riding package. I want to ride a horse on a beach/in Mexico SO bad!!! Is it worth it though?? It that package better than the Ai or Nachi?? I want to make sure I choose the right one. I don't want to pay a arm & leg though & their prices are great.

Perfect Stranger,

I do not think you have anything to worry about. Like I said, both sides have claimed the info posted here was incorrect.

They had a problem last week, with someone literally booking from the ship, the day of - and the payment did not process through PayPal that fast...so there was a delay. There was another issue which was a mistake at their end, but all was resolved.

We will be there a week from tomorrow - I will have a drink for all of you!!!

We will be there two weeks from tomorrow...Can't wait to hear about your experience!!!

Hope you have a great trip!

Bridgette :)

hey everyone!! question: I saw that Mr Sanchos does the horseback riding package. I want to ride a horse on a beach/in Mexico SO bad!!! Is it worth it though?? It that package better than the Ai or Nachi?? I want to make sure I choose the right one. I don't want to pay a arm & leg though & their prices are great.

My daughters were not experienced riders but they really enjoyed the horseback riding at Mr. Sanchos. They take you on a trail that goes through the vegetation (jungle?) and then onto the beach. You ride the same loop several times. My girls enjoyed it even though you do keep going over the same area. They would get hot on the beach and then cool off back in the shade of the jungle. You do not ride in the water - just in the sand. They have said they would do it again.

The packages we were offered for Mr. Sanchos was: AI for $ 40. If you wanted to add the horseback riding to the AI it was an additional $ 30 or $ 35. Or you could do a horseback riding package which included lunch and a soda, but not all you can eat or drink for $ 45. My daughters did the horseback riding and lunch for $ 45. They had a limited choice for lunch (not everything on the menu). I think they had beef fajitas. They were happy with their lunch and I think it was a good price.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality - they were using their disposable cameras.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Quick question..

Going on this cruise for my honeymoon with my darling fiance! I am very nervous about riding in a taxi (too many horror stories about tourists getting kidnapped)...

But, anyone who has done a Mr. Sanchos package.. Would you recommend ATV/Mr Sanchos package, Horseback riding/Mr Sanchos package, or just plain Mr. Sanchos all day. Do the packages include the "all inclusive" deal? and most importantly, is the water okay to drink?! Don't want to be up all night SICK on my honeymoon!!! :p

Thanks!!

Quick question..

Going on this cruise for my honeymoon with my darling fiance! I am very nervous about riding in a taxi (too many horror stories about tourists getting kidnapped)...

But, anyone who has done a Mr. Sanchos package.. Would you recommend ATV/Mr Sanchos package, Horseback riding/Mr Sanchos package, or just plain Mr. Sanchos all day. Do the packages include the "all inclusive" deal? and most importantly, is the water okay to drink?! Don't want to be up all night SICK on my honeymoon!!! :p

Thanks!!

You can do the horseback riding with or without the AI. Horseback riding with lunch (but not the AI) is $ 45.

I was never worried about being kidnapped in a taxi - we were more worried about getting there alive! (Our first taxi driver made 3 lanes where there were 2:eek:) When leaving Mr.Sanchos, there were 4 drivers all standing together and my sister asked for the slowest one. We had a nice calm ride going back to the pier.

On the cruise ship, they will tell you not to drink the water in Cozumel, and actually had the waiters try to sell large bottles of water for you to take on shore. Everyone else will tell you that the major restaurants and beach clubs will only use purified water for their ice. Several in our group had some "problems" on the ship PRIOR to our stops in GC and Cozumel. We have had drinks with ice in them the last 2 cruises with no problems.

thanks for the pictures with the horses!! I tohught they were beautiful!! As much as I would love to ride a horse, we might just end up doing the AI. i don't want to spend a lot of money b/c I am going to be doing a lot of shopping to. LOL. is the shopping good, or worth it at Mr Sanchos?

I thought they had a very nice selection to choose from. However, I am a lousy bargainer, so I mostly paid asking price which was higher than the stores closer to the port. I especially liked the shop with the black coral jewelry (the young man there took such pride in his goods) and the woman who had an outdoor stand with jewelry. They were very friendly but not too pushy. Some of the other vendors were a little pushy which makes me not want to buy from them.

I thought they had a very nice selection to choose from. However, I am a lousy bargainer, so I mostly paid asking price which was higher than the stores closer to the port. I especially liked the shop with the black coral jewelry (the young man there took such pride in his goods) and the woman who had an outdoor stand with jewelry. They were very friendly but not too pushy. Some of the other vendors were a little pushy which makes me not want to buy from them.

Where are these shops located at?? Right outside of Mr. Sanchos? Also, any other recommendations on where to shop or where to go? We don't know much of anything about Cozumel so you'll have to be pretty specific.

Also, one of the people from Carrie's site was emailing me about Mr. Sanchos and said that the water was purified and okay to drink.. should I just stick to the safe side and only drink bottled anything?!

I decided to go ahead and book our all inclusives with a massage and ATV ride.

I paid through PayPal. I believe the contact name with TourCozumel was Angela. The reservation said to contact Oscar at Mr. Sanchos upon arrival.

I printed out my receipt, so I have my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly.

Has anyone had any more difficulty with this tour reservation being honored recently??

Thanks!

We had issues at Mr. Sanchos on Tuesday, April 14th. We arrived at approximately 12:30pm est and had our receipt and reservation with us. Oliver told us that they had not received any payment from tour cozumel for over 30 days and could not honor our reservation. We had paid $150 for 2 adults with the AI and the atv tour. Oliver agreed to honor the price we had paid tour cozumel, but we had to repay it to him and request the refund from tour cozumel. He did call Ken, who he stated was Carrie's husband on the phone and handed me the phone. Ken asked me to speak to Oliver. Ken told Oliver that he would be wiring money right over. Oliver told him sorry he could not wait and hung up. We did not have enough cash on us to pay the $150, plus pay for the extra massage we wanted and do our shopping so Oliver told us we could pay with a credit card. We paid with mastercard. Upon returning I contacted Carrie, who replied promptly and advised me that their was a mix up and she would definitely be refunding our money. She said that they did wire the money over to Oliver within 30 minutes after we arrived and asked to speak with us, but Oliver said he would let us know. He never let us know that things had been taken care of. If he had I think it would have been a lot easier because he should have been able to just refund our card that we had just paid him with since he had received the money from tour cozumel at that point. We checked our credit card transactions last night when we returned to see what was charged and Oliver charged us a total of almost $170 instead of the $150. The $150 for the atv and AI and then he also charged a $10 charge for using a credit card and their was a $9 charge for currency conversion. I am a bit upset at this because he did not say he would charge additional for the credit card usage and I did not know their was a currency conversion charge. I expected to only pay the $150. We are now waiting on the $150 refund from Carrie that she stated will take 3-5 days to process. Like I said, she did respond right back to us and told us what happened and that she would refund it right away. My only issue at this point is how Oliver handled things and did not let us know they did wire the money over right after we paid and did not mention the extra fees that would be put on. As far as Mr. Sanchos itself, I probably would choose Nachi if I were to go again. We had Hector, who was alright, but not all that great as a server. The massage was good. They did start stacking the chairs at around 3:15pm their time and sweeping up and putting the umbrellas down. The pool was crowded. The tour guide with the atv was very nice.

Archived