Mr Sanchos

gog

I too am having trouble communicating with Carrie. She has been great so far, but tried her on Thursday, but have yet to hear back.

BTW - has anyone else seen the thread about the customer who had paid in advance; had a confirmation but Mr. Sanchos did not honor it, as Tour Cozumel is not coming through at their end with payments on our behalf??? I am a little concerned as we are booked there for next week! I may try e-mailing Mr. Sanchos direct to see if they can confirm our reservation.

I was at Mr. Sanchos on 3/26 and booked through Carrie and Mr. Sanchos did honor my reservation. However....

I was at Mr. Sanchos because my Twister Tour to Passion Island was canceled. Twister was canceled on 3/13 and Carrie got me rescheduled to Mr. Sanchos. The difference in price of the two excursions was $ 110.00. As of today, I am still waiting to see my refund come through PayPal. Has anyone had a situation similar to this? Can I file a complaint with PayPal or what other actions should I be taking?

I've just e-mailed Mr. Sanchos directly to see if they can confirm our reservation.

I must say I am a bit concerned about being out the money, but this was the only package we booked for our cruise, and after reading so many good reviews, we are really excited! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I am the original poster who did not have our reservation honored. I have absolutely no reason to post other than my experience last Thursday. Obviously after reading these boards for over two years the only reason I chose to post is to keep someone else from having the same experience we did.

I encourage everyone to contact Mr. Sancho's directly (Oliver is the manager--speak to him) to find out the story. I don't know what the problem is, but Oliver himself said "please post this on cruise critic". If there is a way to call there yourself please do it. The cost of the pnone call is worth the trouble.

Normally it is $50 per person for all inclusive. There is a sign right on the bar. Oliver told me he would honor the price Carrie gave me with the hopes that we would get a refund. I paid through paypal with my credit card, so I plan to explore both of those avenues to make sure these people can't take anyone else's money.

Laura

One other thing I forgot to mention.

Unless you are a big drinker, you can easily spend the day at Mr. Sanchos without doing the AI. We thought it included all the water toys (which don't exist) the chairs (which are free) and the food and drink. That being said, you could enjoy a great meal and a few drinks without the cost of the AI and still have a great time. Oliver is a great host, our waiter Julio was fun and the beach and water were beautiful. Definitely be excited about Mr. Sanchos, just beware of the third party booking.

I thank you for posting, and giving a heads-up to what happened. I am very concerned as we go next week - I have e-mailed Oliver and hope I get a reponse soon, in the event we need to make alternate arrangements for the day and contact PayPal for a refund.

Please keep us posted as to your progress.

• Administrators
tourcozumel@gmail.com

this is the email address all of my replies have come from. I've been dealing with Angelita.

A business using an @gmail.com account should be a RED FLAG to everyone. Why don't they have a legitimate mail account using their own domain name? ANYONE can get a free gmail.com account. How could you POSSIBLY have a chance at tracking down someone with a free email account.

Just that fact alone would make me "think twice and three times" about using a tour company, and is plain common sense with dealing with booking over the Internet.

You people are starting to make me worry!!!:eek:

Everyone has had such good things to say about this place and the AI package. I just booked for 6 and there will be 6 very po'd ladies if they don't honor our booking.:mad:

You people are starting to make me worry!!!:eek:

Everyone has had such good things to say about this place and the AI package. I just booked for 6 and there will be 6 very po'd ladies if they don't honor our booking.:mad:

I'm really not sure that I would panic yet. Like I said, I was just there 3/26 and I booked through Carrie at Tour Cozumel. They were aware of our reservations when we arrived and honored them. It was my understanding that the Tour Cozumel/Mr. Sanchos connection was a somewhat new one and maybe there are just some kinks to work out.

I just heard back from TourCozumel this morning. I suspect the reason I didn't hear sooner was due to the holiday weekend.

I don't think that having a gmail account is that unusual for this part of the country. This sounds like it is a one person business.

Until recently TourCozumel had only received good comments. Do you think it's OK to go ahead and book with the website and follow up with Mr. Sanchos directly to confirm?

I posted earlier in the thread that I booked with Cozumel Tours directly (not CArrie).. nobody seems to have seen my post or nobody has booked directly with them for the Mr Sanchos AI beach break as I haven't seen a comment about that company.. I will be there later this week. hopefully my reservation will be honoured..

I posted earlier in the thread that I booked with Cozumel Tours directly (not CArrie).. nobody seems to have seen my post or nobody has booked directly with them for the Mr Sanchos AI beach break as I haven't seen a comment about that company.. I will be there later this week. hopefully my reservation will be honoured..

I am sure you are aware that they are two different companies?? But it should all be okay. Hope you enjoy your day.

I just heard back from TourCozumel this morning. I suspect the reason I didn't hear sooner was due to the holiday weekend.

I don't think that having a gmail account is that unusual for this part of the country. This sounds like it is a one person business.

Until recently TourCozumel had only received good comments. Do you think it's OK to go ahead and book with the website and follow up with Mr. Sanchos directly to confirm?

We had no issues at all and I am using them again in June. I book thru paypal and I use my credit card. I figure if they don't honor it, I can take it up with my card, but I really don't think that will be an issue. We have nothing but good things to say about using Carrie. Hogan I am sorry you had such problems and that they weren't honored. I wonder what is up with that? Sounds like miscommunication??

I just received an email response from Carrie. She said she made an error (apparently quite a few according to Oliver) and she fully refunded my money. Now, I greatly appreciate the fact that I didn't lose my money, but I do have a few questions still. Have they never been to Mr. Sanchos? I don't understand how they can promote things like water trampolines when they don't exist.

You can personally check with anyone that works at Mr. Sanchos. When I showed several of them my paypal printout they were all like "oh, you better talk to Oliver".

I really want to believe that Carrie is on the up and up, but if this was a one time accounting error, then I don't belive Oliver would've asked me to post on CC warning other people. I am extremely relieved to get my money back and hope that no one else experiences problems.

L

I just received an e-mail from Carrie who has assured me our reservation is intact and will be honored upon our arrival. Whew, so I can stop worrying. :)

It seems there was an incident last week in which she made an honest mistake. The other was a reservation that was made the morning of a guests arrival, and the payment had not gone through, as it was done so last minute, and the guest was quite irrate upon arrival. She is definately on the up and up, mistakes happen - guess we have all worried for nothing.

For reference, she does not have a gmail account, they have a legit address - and to the OP, there are no water trampolines on the listed on the website.

To the OP - although I appreciated your info to give all a heads up - there seems to be more to the story (according to Tours Cozumel) than perhaps you listed. I will admit, I was worried and contacted both Carrie and Mr.Sancho's to confirm, but having heard the explanation, it seems you had us worried for nothing. Mistakes happen.

I wish I could say there was more to the story than what I told you. I made my reservation in January. I paid through paypal, had all correspondence with Carrie printed out and in hand. When I arrived by taxi at Mr. Sanchos on Thursday morning I showed several different employees my paperwork. They all said I needed to talk to Oliver. When he came to me he said in these exact words "I'm sorry to tell you that I cannot honor this. Ken did not make payment". I said "I don't know Ken, I dealt with a woman named Carrie". He said "Yes, they are together. They have not made payment to me and I cannot honor this. I am very sorry and I would love to have you stay." He then called Ken from his personal cell phone and put me on the phone with him. Ken said that there was trouble with the transfer. When I told him I made payment in January he then said he had no idea why, but that I would receive a refund before I returned.

I have the emails from Carrie telling me that there was a water trampoline, iceberg and that she hoped to have water mats by the time of our sailing.

I have no interest in hurting anyone's business. This is the whole reason I've never posted before......people think you're trying to stir up trouble. Oliver asked me to post and warn people. That is the ONLY reason I posted. I hope that the problem has been resolved, but the fact remains that there are problems between Oliver and Ken/Carrie and I was simply trying to pass on the caution. Take it for what its worth. Oliver lead me to believe that there were many others just like myself. He told me the day before he had to tell six irate gentleman that he couldn't honor their reservation either. There is not one bit more to the story than that. I encourage you to speak to Oliver yourself when you're there.

• Administrators

I think you all should find out exactly where this business is located. Who is in charge; do they have a business license? See if you can get an address out of them. I'm sorry but a free gmail.com address isn't sufficient to run a business. A website? ANYTHING???

They are legit - the address listed a few posts above is incorrect.

I think it is a mistake, and it happens.

There are literally dozens of posts on Tours Cozumel and all favourable. They do have a website, very informative too. I have corresponded with Carrie for several weeks now, and today she was quite upset at the accusations - keep in mind they read these boards too!!!

Now that I have received my confirmation from her, no worries here.

I just received another personal e-mail from Carrie. She told me that the problems that happened have only happened this past week, not before. I can assure everyone I would not post something like this unless the manager of the place had asked me to.

Her words exactly were "I made a huge mistake". She doesn't know why Oliver asked me to tell you they were bad business people, but she understands my side of the story. I'm in a foreign country with nothing but a computer printout saying I paid. The manager says sorry bad people. What would you do?

I have wished Carrie the best and accepted her apology for the errors, but I still belive anyone who was in my shoes would've posted as well. When I returned last night to no refund what else would I expect?? Also, I never checked her website, only the info on CC. My info about the water toys came directly from her. She apologized for the misinformation.

I completly stand by my post, and tell anyone to exercise caution when using a third party.

Cloverfield, the email address posted above is not incorrect. When I booked the AI through tourcozumel dot NET (some people have said dot com) I received confirmation from a woman named Angelita. She is very nice and helped me with any questions I had. The email address I received these emails from is tourcozumel @ gmail dot com. I had worried at first that I didn't book through Carrie because Angelita is who contacted me. However, I was told by a poster on here that Carrie probably hired employees to help with the work load.

Has anyone spoken with Oliver to find out what the problem is?

That's what kind of has me worried. I went through the website and got a reply from this email address. Should I be worried that I heard from Angelita and not Carrie? I wouldn't normally think twice about it, but since there have been problems lately I'm getting nervous.

And has anyone actually spoken to Oliver since all of this? Is he accepting reservations made through tourcozumel?

Archived