Mr Sanchos

gog

Well, I did it. I booked the All Inclusive. :D I think I did it through Carrie, but nothing ever came up with her name on it. It was all automated. I put in my request for reservation on tourcozumel dot net and got an email to pay through pay pal. I clicked the link and gave pay pal all my information. A couple seconds later I got a confirmation email. Is this how everyone else did it?

I'm excited. I was planning on puting away $80 to cover food and drinks for the b/f and myself so to pay that same amount and get the boost in location and service seems like a no brainer. I hope it's as nice as everyone says.

Only one year to go!:mad: Oh well. I'll just have to plan another cruise while I wait!!!

Don't worry, that year will fly by.

By confirmation do you mean a paypal confirmation or a Mr. Sanchos confirmation? You should receive one from Mr. Sanchos. But yes they are pretty quick in getting everything sent out. You will have a great time.

Well, first I got a pay pal confirmation then I got a confirmation from Tour Cozumel. The lady said to ask for Oliver when I get there. I guess I didn't book through Carrie. It was the same price ($80 for two adults) so I'm not worried.

I just booked my AI for MR. Sanchos. We had done the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe before and we enjoyed it. However, we paid double for it through Carnival compared to Mr. Sanchos. Thanks for all of your posts- they really influenced my choice!

Well, first I got a pay pal confirmation then I got a confirmation from Tour Cozumel. The lady said to ask for Oliver when I get there. I guess I didn't book through Carrie. It was the same price ($80 for two adults) so I'm not worried.

I think Carrie owns the business, she's probably got some helpers. We can't wait to go back. Dh is thinking about doing the tequila tasting too but not sure of that. And then today he throws out the idea of visiting the ruins. NOT! Way too hot and I am on vacation, give me the beach. :D:D

I just booked my AI for MR. Sanchos. We had done the Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe before and we enjoyed it. However, we paid double for it through Carnival compared to Mr. Sanchos. Thanks for all of your posts- they really influenced my choice!

wow I hadn't priced that out but that's way too high IMO.

Oliver is the resort Manager, it sounds like you did book with Carrie.

The coconut drink was delious!! Those and frozen margaritas are a great choice while relaxing in paradise and won't kick your butt:p

Now how can I be excited about relaxing in paradise drinking frozen margaritas that won't kick my butt? 13 days to go and I'm a nut!

Well, I did it. I booked the All Inclusive. :D I think I did it through Carrie, but nothing ever came up with her name on it. It was all automated. I put in my request for reservation on tourcozumel dot net and got an email to pay through pay pal. I clicked the link and gave pay pal all my information. A couple seconds later I got a confirmation email. Is this how everyone else did it?

I'm excited. I was planning on puting away $80 to cover food and drinks for the b/f and myself so to pay that same amount and get the boost in location and service seems like a no brainer. I hope it's as nice as everyone says.

Only one year to go!:mad: Oh well. I'll just have to plan another cruise while I wait!!!

I booked thru Carrie and I went thru tourcozumel.com and she herself always answered. I'd love to meet her. She must be a very busy woman..

Chell congrats on booking..it is a great deal and now not having to worry about what you are gonna do that day.. just plan on relaxing

and I was thinking more along the lines if you drink frozen drinks you would be drinking them alittle slower :p haha maybe not everyone!!

Thanks for all the help. Sounds great. Pics were helpful. Definetely going to Sanchos.

You will LOVE it, we had Alvin as our waiter and he was outstanding. See if you can get him. Also the bartenders will make any kind of crazy drink you can think of. They experimented on us, maybe that's why I barely could get in the taxi :p

Seriously, it was a fanastic day, I am looking forward to going back. My dh is a big eater and I bet he had more than his $40 in food. He tried almost everything it seemed. I told him Carrie was going to charge him double next time, :D

Well, I moved it to its own thread and it was pulled by the Moderator (I guess) So here's my response to someone's question regarding Mr. Sanchos. I would not go back based on our experience.

We went there last week. It didn't start off good as no one seemed to be the correct person to get our wristbands from. I had set it all up ahead of time. We got our wristbands and I proceeded to get towels for our party of 8. I was asked to pay $24. As the website stated towels were included as part of AI, I questioned the charge. Luckily, I had printed a copy of the website which clearly stated towels were included. Holy, Moly. It took an act of congress to get the towels. They took us to a couple of plastic tables with one umbrella on the beach. They showed us our assigned lounge chairs. It was a windy day and if you wanted to use the umbrella you had to hold it in place while sitting at the table. It was not anchored down therefore it would blow away and hit people. One umbrella for eight people :eek: We wanted to play volleyball (as described in the AI). DH gave his DL as collateral for the ball. We played for five minutes before the manager came and told us we can't play because there was going to be a wedding. Why they would ever put the volleyball court next to the wedding gazebo is beyone me? He gave DH his license and took the ball. After the wedding was over, we asked to get the ball back only to be told it was too windy to play. (The court is not near any lounge chairs.) I wonder why it wasn't too windy for them to be using their big inflatable ball which they charge $10 pp to ride in. We knew ahead of time that the water is not the best to swim, snorkel, or even wade. The pool is very small and was full of kids. Daniel was our server and he was great. The drinks and food were good and plentiful. However, I do not think it was worth $320 plus $60 rt for two taxis.

I had also posted to your thread telling the good points and negative points about Mr. Sanchos. I'll keep it brief this time in case it gets pulled again I won't have wasted time with a full review.

Good points: The horseback riding, food, banana boat

Negatives: more crowded than Nachi, not as scenic, plastic table and chairs instead of a palapa, couldn't use umbrella because it was too windy. Some communication problems with our waiter when we wanted to eat at the restaurant area instead of out in the sun.

We had a nice day, but it wouldn't be my first choice as a place to return to.

I had seen your response so I knew for sure that I had saved it etc. I read the guidelines and it says you can only respond to a question about a tour and not initiate a review:confused: I also hadn't saved it so I had to type it again. I felt it was worth typing again for the people who are thinking about going.

Well, I moved it to its own thread and it was pulled by the Moderator (I guess) So here's my response to someone's question regarding Mr. Sanchos. I would not go back based on our experience.

We went there last week. It didn't start off good as no one seemed to be the correct person to get our wristbands from. I had set it all up ahead of time. We got our wristbands and I proceeded to get towels for our party of 8. I was asked to pay $24. As the website stated towels were included as part of AI, I questioned the charge. Luckily, I had printed a copy of the website which clearly stated towels were included. Holy, Moly. It took an act of congress to get the towels. They took us to a couple of plastic tables with one umbrella on the beach. They showed us our assigned lounge chairs. It was a windy day and if you wanted to use the umbrella you had to hold it in place while sitting at the table. It was not anchored down therefore it would blow away and hit people. One umbrella for eight people :eek: We wanted to play volleyball (as described in the AI). DH gave his DL as collateral for the ball. We played for five minutes before the manager came and told us we can't play because there was going to be a wedding. Why they would ever put the volleyball court next to the wedding gazebo is beyone me? He gave DH his license and took the ball. After the wedding was over, we asked to get the ball back only to be told it was too windy to play. (The court is not near any lounge chairs.) I wonder why it wasn't too windy for them to be using their big inflatable ball which they charge $10 pp to ride in. We knew ahead of time that the water is not the best to swim, snorkel, or even wade. The pool is very small and was full of kids. Daniel was our server and he was great. The drinks and food were good and plentiful. However, I do not think it was worth $320 plus $60 rt for two taxis.

I just wanted to say I am sorry your day wasn't all you had planned for it to be, since I think so highly of it and recommended it on this board. When we arrived I immediately asked for Oliver and he took care of us. I think he must be the manager, he was the one our confirmation said to ask for. Just by chance I guess, I had asked Carrie earlier about a palapa as my dh hates sitting in the sun, she said she put in a request for us. So when our waiter was walking us over to our table and chairs, I said..wait a minute, I'm supposed to have a palapa, then told him I had requested it when I booked. He was like "ohhh yes senorita" lol and took us over to one. It was nice; we pulled our loungers up in under it and enjoyed the shade.

We didn't see anyone playing volleyball the day we were there. It was actually very quiet, there were I think 3 other kids in the pool other than mine. I loved my day and plan to go back. I will make sure to request a palapa though! :)

I just wanted to say I am sorry your day wasn't all you had planned for it to be, since I think so highly of it and recommended it on this board. When we arrived I immediately asked for Oliver and he took care of us. I think he must be the manager, he was the one our confirmation said to ask for. Just by chance I guess, I had asked Carrie earlier about a palapa as my dh hates sitting in the sun, she said she put in a request for us. So when our waiter was walking us over to our table and chairs, I said..wait a minute, I'm supposed to have a palapa, then told him I had requested it when I booked. He was like "ohhh yes senorita" lol and took us over to one. It was nice; we pulled our loungers up in under it and enjoyed the shade.

We didn't see anyone playing volleyball the day we were there. It was actually very quiet, there were I think 3 other kids in the pool other than mine. I loved my day and plan to go back. I will make sure to request a palapa though! :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. We just booked Mr. Sanchos for our cruise in 3 weeks - can't wait!!

I received my confirmation from Paypal so for...just waiting on the confirmation from TourCozumel or Mr. Sanchos. Did it take a day or so??

Thanks,

Bridgette

LostinOhio, you should have both kinds of chairs there. If you booked ahead and are in the "AI section" there are loungers there.. Enjoy your day. We had a blast at Sanchos.

Bridgette, It may take a day of two if Carrie is busy, I would give it another day and email her back if you hadn't gotten anything.

Archived