Would you like #1 adult only restaurant?

Ladder55

would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?

• Yes I would
    • No I would not

I hope you guys are voting and not just posting pics of fat dudes and amendment rights,

roflol

Yep, I voted but just HAD to slip it in.:p

Now, the amnedment rights, the ships aren't part of the USA or even US territories so I'm wondering how people think they apply.:confused:

• Administrators
Im from Illinois , I voted 11 times . ;)

Amateur! :D In Minnesota they vote 240 times, then hide the ballots in the trunk of an election officer's car until they are "needed." Now if you had said you voted 11 times, then you bribed the governor, you might be turning "pro!" :)

I am a Sub Teacher so I spend all day with kids. I love kids or I would not want to be a teacher. But it would be nice to know there is one restaurant out of 14 were I know there will not be a screaming kid. I understand that 70% of children are great or have parents that take there kid out of the restaurant when they are acting up. But the problem is it only takes one to ruin everyone dinner that night.Is it soo bad to say yes that newlywed can have one romantic night together etc...

As long as the same food is being served some where, you and your children will not be missing anything. So yes your foodie kid can still eat great food too.There is nothing your precious little angel will miss, so let us adults have one places with out a screaming baby at dinner. Is that such a horrible compromise?

I don't have a any problem at all with a dining room where screaming kids aren't allowed, but some (many) feel that they want a dining room with an over 18 rule...that I do have a problem with (JMO). I

No disagreement here. How do I get rid of them? :confused:

Well, obnoxious people could be banned after the kids are banned, but then I see a fat, balding white guys ban coming which means I might not get in either ;)

Where would it end?

I don't have a any problem at all with a dining room where screaming kids aren't allowed, but some (many) feel that they want a dining room with an over 18 rule...that I do have a problem with (JMO). I

Well, obnoxious people could be banned after the kids are banned, but then I see a fat, balding white guys ban coming which means I might not get in either ;)

Where would it end?

Not me! I'd just save up enough money to get lipo, botox, chemical peel, tooth whitening, hair highlights and a tan. I bet I could get in!

Oh wait. Get in where? I couldn't afford to go anywhere after that.

Amateur! :D In Minnesota they vote 240 times, then hide the ballots in the trunk of an election officer's car until they are "needed." Now if you had said you voted 11 times, then you bribed the governor, you might be turning "pro!" :)

I know , thats what happens when you move to the suburbs . I WAS in charge of voter registration at St. Marys cemetery . Oh well :D

I have two small children. 3 1/2 and 1 yr. They are not always well behaved. However, they also need to be taught how to behave when we eat out. For that reason, when we eat out with the kids we go to a Applebees, Chili's, or some family style restaurant.

We live in a big city that has many nicer restaurants. When we go to someplace really nice, we get a sitter and leave the kids at home. I am not going to pay $100+ for a dinner and let it be ruined by one of my children. I also would not want them to ruin someone elses's dinner.

I voted yes because sometimes I would like to enjoy a meal without the distraction of kids. When I don't have my kids with me I still tend to notice other people who do.

I think the problem is parents don't realize their child's limitations. If you are going to eat dinner at 8 and your kids normally goes to bed during that hour, you will be dining with an overtired child.

When my children are older and have learned how to behave during the whole meal out, then we will take them to other nicer restaurants. Even then, I still would not mind leaving them home once in a while.

I have two small children. 3 1/2 and 1 yr. They are not always well behaved. However, they also need to be taught how to behave when we eat out. For that reason, when we eat out with the kids we go to a Applebees, Chili's, or some family style restaurant.

We live in a big city that has many nicer restaurants. When we go to someplace really nice, we get a sitter and leave the kids at home. I am not going to pay $100+ for a dinner and let it be ruined by one of my children. I also would not want them to ruin someone elses's dinner.

I voted yes because sometimes I would like to enjoy a meal without the distraction of kids. When I don't have my kids with me I still tend to notice other people who do.

I think the problem is parents don't realize their child's limitations. If you are going to eat dinner at 8 and your kids normally goes to bed during that hour, you will be dining with an overtired child.

When my children are older and have learned how to behave during the whole meal out, then we will take them to other nicer restaurants. Even then, I still would not mind leaving them home once in a while.

Of course , thats how 99.5% of us feel . Its the .5% that dont give a S&!t and let the kids go wild . Theres not a single person on this board ( Im sure ) that can think of a time when out to eat the whole place was nuts with wild kids ( unless you dine at ChukeeCheeses ) , its always one table acting up ... Unfortunately its the world we live in..;)

Where would it end?

With me eating all by myself? Which would make me very sad. :( I am a sucker for the slippery slope argument, so I am going to change my vote to no. It's not worth it. As I read all the permutations and attempts to make everyone happy (I admire CG for coming up with her idea). I have literally been thinking about this for days now (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o), torturing myself about what I think and I've changed my mind. I go back to my original position of just hoping that parents, and if not them, maitre d's, will know when it's time to remove a disruptive guest of any age. Now, I just need a place to duck and cover. :eek:

With me eating all by myself? Which would make me very sad. :( I am a sucker for the slippery slope argument, so I am going to change my vote to no. It's not worth it. As I read all the permutations and attempts to make everyone happy (I admire CG for coming up with her idea). I have literally been thinking about this for days now (yes, I have too much time on my hands :o), torturing myself about what I think and I've changed my mind. I go back to my original position of just hoping that parents, and if not them, maitre d's, will know when it's time to remove a disruptive guest of any age. Now, I just need a place to duck and cover. :eek:

i dont get it, I read back to ty to understand why you changed your mind but I couldnt figure it out...but thats ok, i took your vote off====

NOT...

too late you can't change your mind:D

seriously tho ,whats wrong with ONe JUST ONE restuarant being 18 and over? make me understand the objection

there would still be plenty of options

A relaxing romantic atmosphere for adults only, no DISTRACTIONS, just peace and relaxation====ahhhh

its actually very healty to have time alone with your partner/spouse/friend, just one on one

I know myself and my wife do not get enough time alone as the days are long and busy, this would be a great opportunity

Okay i slipped away for a few minutes.....ahhhhhhh

now till the bell ringadings

Oh....I am hoping that hubby and I can enjoy a quiet dinner or two while on our upcoming cruise. It would be soooooo nice. I have my fingers crossed. I think I am going to book the Italian Restaurant for the night of our Anniversary....hubby had wanted a trip to Italy...that will have to do instead. I also ordered the Anniversary package....that includes Le Bistro. I am hoping for nice times at both. :)

i dont get it, I read back to ty to understand why you changed your mind but I couldnt figure it out...but thats ok, i took your vote off====

NOT...

too late you can't change your mind:D

seriously tho ,whats wrong with ONe JUST ONE restuarant being 18 and over? make me understand the objection

there would still be plenty of options

A relaxing romantic atmosphere for adults only, no DISTRACTIONS, just peace and relaxation====ahhhh

its actually very healty to have time alone with your partner/spouse/friend, just one on one

I know myself and my wife do not get enough time alone as the days are long and busy, this would be a great opportunity

Okay i slipped away for a few minutes.....ahhhhhhh

now till the bell ringadings

Sorry to confuse the matter, Ladder. I have no objections. If they find a way to do it, I won't object and I agree with every single thing you said in this post. What I have been consistent on is thinking that it is not a major issue on cruise ships, or at least it hasn't been for me (and at home I'm like Terry in that I always seem to sit near the wailer and/or food thrower), so it doesn't seem worth the logistic difficulties of setting aside one space, out of a very finite space.

I'm sorry that debating this with me is like kissing your sister. So, I guess I should bow out of the ring. :)

Archived