Would you like #1 adult only restaurant?

Ladder55

would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?

• Yes I would
    • No I would not

I apologize if this idea was mentioned - I may have missed it but what about this idea. Each night, one of the restaurants is adults only. For example, day 1 would be Cagney's, day 2: Le Bistro, and so on. That way, if someone wants a night out without kids, then they can choose the place that is adults only that night. It can be published in the dailies or the information could be found out by simply calling the restaurant. Parents that want to take their kids to Cagneys, Le Bistro, etc still can but adults that want an adult night still have that option at least once. Isn't that what NCL is all about - the freedom to choose? Just an idea.

I apologize if this idea was mentioned - I may have missed it but what about this idea. Each night, one of the restaurants is adults only. For example, day 1 would be Cagney's, day 2: Le Bistro, and so on. That way, if someone wants a night out without kids, then they can choose the place that is adults only that night. It can be published in the dailies or the information could be found out by simply calling the restaurant. Parents that want to take their kids to Cagneys, Le Bistro, etc still can but adults that want an adult night still have that option at least once. Isn't that what NCL is all about - the freedom to choose? Just an idea.

No need to appologize but yes, it was mentioned.;):)

IMO this may work on other lines not NCL. I have only stayed in a suite so I make my ressie in advance and never had a problem, But other posters have said they have had trouble getting the day and time they wanted.

Yes NCL is about freedom to choose and at this time if it is an adult only restaurant you are looking for this would not be the line for that at this time. Who knows things could change at anytime:)

Well, I see OP (tank) has his wish. His favorite thing to do on the boards is to start up dissention, IMO. I've ignored it (this thread):rolleyes: but just kept wondering, why does this thread keep popping up to the top again??

One of the best posts I've ever seen here, or anywhere. :)

PS For those reacting like someone "called your baby ugly" -- Disney... DISNEY... Cruiselines... has an adults-only restaurant. Everyone who dines at Palo isn't a sociopathic childhater, nor is Disney for offering that venue (along with their adult-only areas on their ships). This thread is about choices and options.

How else are the adults to make it through a week on ship full of kids! Disney is very smart!

Just this past weekend, there was a young teen at a nice restaurant who was bored out of his mind and didn't mind letting everyone know. He must have gone in and out of the restaurant and into the men's room a dozen times, sighing loudly as he went, and when he was sitting, he was playing with his food, blowing bubbles in his soda, blowing straw papers over his mother's head. He thought this was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. I can't say I cared. I don't let things like this bother me and I felt badly for him. I couldn't believe the parents were so oblivious and for that I felt even more sorry for him. But it was impossible not to notice and if you have an AO restaurant, isn't the idea to create a certain atmosphere?

I've seen worse from some 'adults'

I've seen worse from some 'adults'

No disagreement here. How do I get rid of them? :confused:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I don't think this is a very important concept and perhaps Ms. Belp is right that we've given one of Ladder's pet peeves too much time, but if you're going to do it, I think it should be done right. I don't think parents who want a night on their own, are just looking to be away from the very little ones, where's the romance in that?

Well, I see OP (tank) has his wish. His favorite thing to do on the boards is to start up dissention, IMO. I've ignored it (this thread):rolleyes: but just kept wondering, why does this thread keep popping up to the top again??

Why do you say that? I started the thread about kid-free cruises.....this one is about restaurants. It is just a poll to see what people think. We dont have to share the same opinion about it......but it is a poll.

Why do you say that? I started the thread about kid-free cruises.....this one is about restaurants. It is just a poll to see what people think. We dont have to share the same opinion about it......but it is a poll.

Veggie there are a few on here that can't stand me, so no matter what I say or post they have a negative reaction, its very obvious, I thought everyone knew this, its called the Anti-Ladder gang

oh well imnot going anywhere,

btw I missed the belp comment,now did that make any sense?or was it neccesary

thanks for bringing it to my attention

No problem as I see no issue with your poll. I do however notice that there are some on here that always THINK that they are better than anyone else and post nonsense remarks or argue against what is being said. It has happened to me too when a few didnt like my opinions.

Dont worry about it.....I think some have too much time on their hands. :)

Veggie there are a few on here that can't stand me, so no matter what I say or post they have a negative reaction, its very obvious, I thought everyone knew this, its called the Anti-Ladder gang

oh well imnot going anywhere,

btw I missed the belp comment,now did that make any sense?or was it neccesary

thanks for bringing it to my attention

No, no, no, I said I was a member of the Anne Lander fan club. Sorry for any confusion.

Have any of you read the 14th amendment to the US Constitution? Its unconstitutional to discriminate against anyone for a number of reasons, including age.

If you want an adult only restaurant it would have to be classified as a bar.

There used to be adult only apartment complexes as well. The Supreme Court ended that practice as well....

button1-bm.gif

Well, to quote Wilfred Brimley in "Absence of Malice" ... "it don't say that"

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights

<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

My vote is yes.

I am a Sub Teacher so I spend all day with kids. I love kids or I would not want to be a teacher. But it would be nice to know there is one restaurant out of 14 were I know there will not be a screaming kid. I understand that 70% of children are great or have parents that take there kid out of the restaurant when they are acting up. But the problem is it only takes one to ruin everyone dinner that night.Is it soo bad to say yes that newlywed can have one romantic night together etc...

As long as the same food is being served some where, you and your children will not be missing anything. So yes your foodie kid can still eat great food too.There is nothing your precious little angel will miss, so let us adults have one places with out a screaming baby at dinner. Is that such a horrible compromise?

As long as the same food is being served some where, you and your children will not be missing anything. So yes your foodie kid can still eat great food too.There is nothing your precious little angel will miss, so let us adults have one places with out a screaming baby at dinner. Is that such a horrible compromise?

No, it's not such a "horrible compromise". Actually, it's what I proposed back on page 3 post #43.

Wanting to be able to access the same quality and variety of cuisine while eating with my child does not make me "greedy" as another poster has suggested. If that was the case, I would be completely against an adult-only restaurant. I have no problem with an adult-only restaurant nor do I think that people who want to dine only with those ages 18 and up are child-haters. I'd simply like to find a solution for everybody that doesn't exlude either camp.

I can't believe how ugly this thread has become. I think the poll was a great idea. What a shame.

I don't understand why the conversation has to be about well behaved or not well behaved children. I work with children all day long, and yes, I am sorry to say, a twelve year old is a child.

Any time I am not working, I would prefer NOT to be around children, if possible. I don't have any problem, for the most part, with the children. Most of the time, I blame the parents for misbehavior or not properly preparing their children for the expectations of where they are.

However, those of us who work around children on a daily basis, understand, for the most part, that a certain expectation of behavior and role modeling, is expected of adults when around children of any age.

And, as anyone else in any profession, I would like to have a vacation off the "clock."

Ask any teacher how it feels to be on vacation on the other side of the country and run into one of your students, say at Disneyland. Yes, it happens.

Yes, I would love the opportunity to know that I would not have to worry about children in a resturant, not because I have anything against them, but because I don't want to feel responsible for maintaining that decorum at all times, I too, want to have fun. And no, I am not loud and offensive anywhere; however, I do feel even more of a need to contain myself and maintain a certain level of behavior when around children. For example, I never even allowed my own children to see me have a drink until the youngest was 16.

Therefore, I voted yes. I want my vacation too. And, although the parents might be controlling their children just fine, I feel I should have the right to fully enjoy my vacation.

I love the idea of changing the for fee resturant nightly, I have no problem with that. I think it is great. But, I don't think any parent should feel offended that people don't always want to be around kids. I have 3 children of my own, and I have always understood that there are some times when it is appropriate to bring children. There are also plenty of times when even the best behaved child is still a child, and therefore, unwelcomed. :D

I don't understand why the conversation has to be about well behaved or not well behaved children.

Seems it's mandatory for all threads to end up this way anytime there is a reference to children. Maybe there's even a "Sticky" about it.:D

Archived