Would you like #1 adult only restaurant?

Ladder55

would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see 1 adult only restaurant?

• Yes I would
    • No I would not

Yes He did clarify that he meant 18 and over and even though I was married at 16 and so presumably would be excluded, though often exceptions are made to such rules for married couples, but that is a side issue, I STILL would vote an overwhelming YES.

and I find the people with kids that say having ONE such place is not fair, are so totally self absorbed it is rediculous.

It is all I see on here one side that just wants the rules enforced because they have selected their cruise based on their needs and so pick one that SAYS for instance No smoking, or adult hot tubs or adults in spa or no jeans or t shirts or hats or whatever in dining room etc. because those are the supposed rules.

They then pay THEIR money get on the ship and find that the other people figure since they PAID for their cruise they can do what ever they please because it is THEIR vaction and Too Bloody Bad for everyone else.

Now I know there is NOT an adults only restaurant with few exceptions but if there were you can be sure these same people would be right there insisting on their RIGHT to enter it.

and you notice those that stick up for the policies in place are considered fuddy duddies, dress police, child haters etc.

This isn't going to change until the cruise lines step up and enforce their rules whatever they are. and Damn the consequences which of course will never happen either.

Well said! You don't see me complaining that there is a kids club that I don't need or a disco that I don't want. Cruise and let cruise!

I would like a restaurant that excludes adults who can't handle the presence of children. I think, all things considered, that such adults pose a far greater problem than kids.

Geezle! How would an adult only restaurant be a problem to you and HOW on earth are those of us who want a relazing dining experience a problem?

Geezle! How would an adult only restaurant be a problem to you and HOW on earth are those of us who want a relazing dining experience a problem?

I agree with you bermuder. I just don't see there being a problem.

and who ever thinks we can't love kids and still want some adult time needs to re-think that statement. I adore my husband, we have more years together than most of you have been alive, I can't imagine life without him and yet, I love my time away from him.

Nita

I agree with you bermuder. I just don't see there being a problem.

and who ever thinks we can't love kids and still want some adult time needs to re-think that statement. I adore my husband, we have more years together than most of you have been alive, I can't imagine life without him and yet, I love my time away from him.

Nita

Perfect analogy! I love my 11 year old nephew and we often cruise with him and we wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing like his enthusiasm and wonder at all things cruise-related. I adore how the servers interact with him and what a kick he gets out of it all and how he observes things that we miss. But do I wish his parents would allow us to have ONE dinner during that cruise that was purely adult? Yes! Will I ever tell them I think so? No!

I didn't say it would be a problem to me. I said the bigger problem is that there are people who can't "relaz" with kids around. Maybe those of us with kids don't want those people around when we are just trying to enjoy some precious family time.

I didn't say it would be a problem to me. I said the bigger problem is that there are people who can't "relaz" with kids around. Maybe those of us with kids don't want those people around when we are just trying to enjoy some precious family time.

I believe that is a contradiction, but at least you proved yourself to be an excellent proofreader! Anyway, if "those people" are rude enough to make their feelings known when you are enjoying yourselves, I agree, I don't want them around either. Rude is rude, whether we are talking about parents or non-parents. I can't figure out why we need to pick sides. :confused:

I can't figure out why we need to pick sides. :confused:

I agree. However, I think that kids get bashed enough on these boards that most that travel with children feel defensive, any time a "kids" thread pops up.

My solution to solve the whole issue and to please almost everyone (saying almost cause you can't please some people no matter what you do) is to take every specialty restaurant on board and assign it an "adult only" night. IE: LeBistro: Monday night, Cagney's: Tuesday night, etc. etc. etc. That way, adults could chose a kid free night if they wanted one and no families would feel that they were being excuded from ever dining at a specific place.

Just my 2 cents.

CG

The more that I read this thread the more that I think there should be at least one adult only restaurant available at all meals, as long as any adult who wants to eat with the sounds of young voices is permitted into the other dining room regardless if they have children in tow.

Karysa

I agree. However, I think that kids get bashed enough on these boards that most that travel with children feel defensive, any time a "kids" thread pops up.

My solution to solve the whole issue and to please almost everyone (saying almost cause you can't please some people no matter what you do) is to take every specialty restaurant on board and assign it an "adult only" night. IE: LeBistro: Monday night, Cagney's: Tuesday night, etc. etc. etc. That way, adults could chose a kid free night if they wanted one and no families would feel that they were being excuded from ever dining at a specific place.

Just my 2 cents.

CG

I like that idea!

Just my 2 cents.

CG

I agree and when I mentioned this earlier on this thread I was told that it would be too confusing that way and what if the Adult's did not feel like Italian on Monday.

So maybe an Adult only International restaurant or a main dining room would solve the whole issue.

Karysa

I agree and when I mentioned this earlier on this thread I was told that it would be too confusing that way and what if the Adult's did not feel like Italian on Monday.

Again, that's why I said that you can never please everyone. If someone wants Italian so bad on one night that they can't wait until it's "adult" night in the Italian restaurant, then they just have to deal with the possiblity of children. We cannot always have everything we want our own way.

So maybe an Adult only International restaurant or a main dining room would solve the whole issue.

Karysa

I would oppose any of the main dining rooms ever being adult only at any time. The logistics would be horrendus for families with everyone trying to jam into the one dining room that allowed kids and they would really be inconvenienced by that. Talk about grumpy kids...make them wait a long time to get into the dining room and you will have them for sure. That simply would be unfair to families IMO.

While I understand the concept of an adult only restaurant, I think it could be done without putting a hardship on any particular group.

CG

I would oppose any of the main dining rooms ever being adult only at any time. The logistics would be horrendus for families with everyone trying to jam into the one dining room that allowed kids and they would really be inconvenienced by that. Talk about grumpy kids...make them wait a long time to get into the dining room and you will have them for sure. That simply would be unfair to families IMO.

CG

Somehow I still think that there would be fewer complaints!

Karysa

Im usually one of the ones that gets iritated with the "no" kids threads but for the life of me I can not see a down side to an adults only venue . Its only one and there are adult only situations all over all the time .

Its not a new concept .Kids are not allowed in bars or certain pool hours etc. etc. We take our Very well behaved kids to most places that we go . Its "good" for them to experience new things as often as possible. But theres nothing wrong with having a place where adults can talk like adults without worrying about the young ones .

Just remember its ok to be a grown up too and the wee ones will get there soon enough. ;)

OH ,, and they should have One venue for you smokers out there too ... couldn't help it !!!!!

Ya know when I started this poll, I really thought it would be an overwhelming YES vote.

I can see that it is not.

I am really having a hard time grasping to those that vote NO because they want their children included. to me voting No is being a little greedy, again 14 restaurants, make 1 of them adult only, if you have children how is this affecting you, you still have 13 choices nightly.

no rotating, no after 830pm, it does not have to be that complicated, just one adult only restaurant, whats the big deaL??

The hot tub signs I read were plenty big enough, they are right in front of them, but yet kids were still in them, 2 shows we went to, ADULT only, but there were all kinds of kids there.newlywed, perfect couple games, kids there...wth? Adults need to step up to the plate and follow the guidelines, just because your on vacation does not mean you just say screw it and let them do whatever they want to make your life easier, I am a dad of 2 and have respect for others and their "space"

ncl also needs to start enforcing the guidelines put in place for the few things that are adults only because from what ive seen the adults are sometimes just not responsible enough or respectful of their fellow cruisers.

You know last time I checked my eyes worked fine and I did not see the signs on ANY of the three ships I was on. And I know see that this was never intended to be a productive poll, but rather a way for you to vent. How sad.

Karysa

As much as I like the idea of an adult only restaurant the fact that I might not have that option every night just because I don't choose Italian or whatever, is not a good enough reason to dismiss your suggestions. We don't have a right to the AO every single night, it is just another attractive option just like the specialty restaurants are now. I love the specialties but don't necessarily feel I have to eat at them every night.

Let me try. As I mentioned I voted yes. I have 4 kids and will always defend their right to be where I think is appropriate for them. I think what the poster that wrote that is feeling is the same thing I feel sometimes (less so now that my kids are older). You walk into a restaurant, with your children, in my case 4 and sometimes 6, and you get stared down. Now why should WE have to put up with that? Trust me it as annoying as a screaming child (which I am none to fond of either!).

The age old discussion on children in venues is a matter of respect. Children don't belong everywhere, but nor should they be put up on a shelf and only looked at. They can go to restaurants and they can go to shows and until I see the sign for myself (I will look really closely next time) they do belong in hot tubs!

Just my 2 cents.

CG

Did I ever mention am your biggest fan? You seem to "get it". We (parents with children) are not looking to create problems. Just want some respect and to stop being lumped in with every bad parent. If 5 nights were family friendly, with one adult only (I still wouldn't take my kids to Cagneys or Le Bistro) I cant imagine anyone having a problem with that!

that happens to us too and another thing that I swear happens no matter what restaurant we are at is that someone will either 'sweep' or vacuum the floor right next to us.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves---so inconsiderate little dust mites flying everywhere. It's darn right rude IMHO!

I was reminded by my daughter this morning that most restaurants in Paris, France are regarded as "Adults Only." If you bring children into them, everyone gives you a very dirty stare. They allow their pet dogs in, however. Go figure!

I would be OK with kids in any of the restaurants, but would mostly frequent "Adults Only" ones, if available.

IMHO, we are all neighbors on a cruise ship and need to be kind to one another, whatever the circumstances! :)

I love my 11 year old nephew and we often cruise with him and we wouldn't have it any other way. There is nothing like his enthusiasm and wonder at all things cruise-related. I adore how the servers interact with him and what a kick he gets out of it all and how he observes things that we miss. ... Anyway, if "those people" are rude enough to make their feelings known when you are enjoying yourselves, I agree, I don't want them around either. Rude is rude, whether we are talking about parents or non-parents. I can't figure out why we need to pick sides. :confused:

Let me try. As I mentioned I voted yes. I have 4 kids and will always defend their right to be where I think is appropriate for them. I think what the poster that wrote that is feeling is the same thing I feel sometimes (less so now that my kids are older). You walk into a restaurant, with your children, in my case 4 and sometimes 6, and you get stared down. Now why should WE have to put up with that? Trust me it as annoying as a screaming child (which I am none to fond of either!).

The age old discussion on children in venues is a matter of respect. Children don't belong everywhere, but nor should they be put up on a shelf and only looked at. They can go to restaurants and they can go to shows and until I see the sign for myself (I will look really closely next time) they do belong in hot tubs!

If you read my posts (I'm not saying you should have to :)), I think you'll find that we agree. I would only ask if you realize that I feel like a second class citizen just as often because I don't have children. Mothers telling me I've wasted my life, that I'll never understand true love, that I don't deserve the same parking spots as they do, etc. etc. The problem is lack of understanding in the hearts of lots of people, far from the majority of people, just enough people to make life frustrating.

If you read my posts (I'm not saying you should have to :)), I think you'll find that we agree. I would only ask if you realize that I feel like a second class citizen just as often because I don't have children. Mothers telling me I've wasted my life, that I'll never understand true love, that I don't deserve the same parking spots as they do, etc. etc. The problem is lack of understanding in the hearts of lots of people, far from the majority of people, just enough people to make life frustrating.

Ugh to all those who have ever said any of that to you! Yes we do agree. And I am SOO sorry if you read my post any other way. You should not be judged any more than families should be (for the record up until I met my DH(i am an older mom) I was prepared to be #1 aunt to my then 9 nieces and nephews and I would have mowed down anyone who didn't agree that it was a higher calling!--the 4 children just kind of happened believe it or not!). I was only trying to explain how it feels to be judged just based on what you have, but I guess you are saying Been there, done that, didn't like it. and for that I am sorry for all the ignorant people in this world. It is truly the lack of understanding that makes this whole thread kind of silly at this point. I think the OP had a purpose in mind that did not include eliciting real responses, but rather a retort to the other thread on children. We have no issue (at least I don't with you). I have read your other posts and silently said Bravo.. So let me say it publicly "Bravo"!

Ugh to all those who have ever said any of that to you! Yes we do agree. And I am SOO sorry if you read my post any other way. You should not be judged any more than families should be (for the record up until I met my DH(i am an older mom) I was prepared to be #1 aunt to my then 9 nieces and nephews and I would have mowed down anyone who didn't agree that it was a higher calling!--the 4 children just kind of happened believe it or not!). I was only trying to explain how it feels to be judged just based on what you have, but I guess you are saying Been there, done that, didn't like it. and for that I am sorry for all the ignorant people in this world. It is truly the lack of understanding that makes this whole thread kind of silly at this point. I think the OP had a purpose in mind that did not include eliciting real responses, but rather a retort to the other thread on children. We have no issue (at least I don't with you). I have read your other posts and silently said Bravo.. So let me say it publicly "Bravo"!

Thank you AND right back at you!! ;)

Archived