Weekend purchases?

cruzisme

well, ladies, I just love my newest purchase....a black/white sheath dress with the occasional yellow flower making an appearance. sleeveless with a nicely scooped neckline, interesting 4 pleating effect at the neckline...all in all, as soon as I put it on, I knew it was to be!!!

now, if only we had warmer weather so I could wear it...tomorrow, for our area, it will be under 40 degrees as the high.

and I hardly ever wear a dress (went in looking for tops/blouses):D

Last weekend before our cruise. I found a nice pair of white capris at Kohl's this morning. But I took one of my long dresses back out of the suitcase. My DH and I pack into only one 25" suitcase and I need to leave him some room for his (always) last-minute packing. Opposites do marry each other don't they? :D

This is always the worst time for me b/c I can't seem to stop shopping the last few days before we leave. I got some good stuff this weekend, we have an outlet store by us and I saved $72 on my $120 purchase at the Gap. Went looking for a pair of white pants, got those + many t's and stuff for DH.

My best find was at Banana Republic. All their jewelry was marked down, then 40% off! I got this great wood bead necklace for $9 and another long chain necklace for $1.78!!!

With less than 2 wks before we sail, I am having a last min. shopping frenzy. This is our first 14+ cruise to Europe and I am trying to get layers figured out:eek:. I did purchase an all weather coat that packs in own bag at 1/2 price and walking shoes this w/e via online:)

I went to Ross' Dress for Less a little while ago and bought 2 cute tops and a pair of shorts to wear on the ship. They also had a gorgeous formal for$39 (Originally $279) that I'm debating going back to get. I already have several from previous cruises and didn't plan to buy another one.

So somebody, talk me out of buying it!

I've learned from experience many times at Ross....if you don't get it when you first see it then it will probably be gone when you go back to get it. This happened with a dress I wanted for my upcoming cruise. I waited to long.:rolleyes:

I need to step away from the computer. LOL

I was going to sew my final 2 dresses I need to take and instead found 2 dresses on major clearance online. So I snatched them up. Then I found my dressy strappy sandals I have been looking for. Bought those too.

Now I ALMOST have my list completed. Just need a few odds and ends.

I got a great buy on a pair of Alegria shoes at a local discount outlet ($59.00 for a $94.00 shoe). They are really cute and SOOOO comfortable. I got the metallic pewter.

[ATTACH]111759[/ATTACH]

I liked these so much I went back this week and got the red patent ones.

Got a pair of denim shorts for $17.99 at Cato and two generic tops at walmart for $12 each. I have been having a heck of a time finding shorts and was lucky that Cato just put theirs out so I got first pick. :D I usually buy at old navy but they have changed their sizing and you can't get anything bigger than a 16 in the store and that's if you're lucky. :(

This weekend: Firming foundation by NARS

Last weekend: FX swimdress

Weekend before that: long shorts at Tristan

before that: Sandals by Sofft

Embrace peri-menopause...you get to change everything!

coka

The Dillard's at Chesapeake Square Has a 70% off sale. Today I went and they had an extra 50% off that! I bought enough dresses for several cruises. Great deals. Check it out if there is a Dillard's where you live.

The Dillard's at Chesapeake Square Has a 70% off sale. Today I went and they had an extra 50% off that! I bought enough dresses for several cruises. Great deals. Check it out if there is a Dillard's where you live.

Wow. I will have to check it out. Our Dillards is closing. Not sure if there will be much left though.

My husband is now into the shopping. He just came home today with 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts. LOL

no Dillards up here in Canada, but I hear it has the best sales!

off topic a touch: with the recession happening, are the stores having a lot of sales in comparison to previous years? are the stores still bringing in a lot of new stock?

I work in sales up here and have noticed a slight decline in sales (ladies' fashions). the customers are more discerning and watchful of their credit card usage.

I've been looking for a pair of black denim jeans for MONTHS... and finally found some yesterday at Burlington Coat Factory!!! Nine West, retail 60.00, got them for 29.95. (Of course I had to celebrate by getting a batik print jacket that looked great with them too...) :rolleyes:

YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

I've been looking for a pair of black denim jeans for MONTHS... and finally found some yesterday at Burlington Coat Factory!!! Nine West, retail 60.00, got them for 29.95. (Of course I had to celebrate by getting a batik print jacket that looked great with them too...) :rolleyes:

YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

Congrats on finding the jeans and even better for saving

30 bucks:D

Got a pair of denim shorts for $17.99 at Cato and two generic tops at walmart for $12 each. I have been having a heck of a time finding shorts and was lucky that Cato just put theirs out so I got first pick. :D I usually buy at old navy but they have changed their sizing and you can't get anything bigger than a 16 in the store and that's if you're lucky. :(

We have a Cato's here where I live. It is about the only place we have to

shop. But I like all the clothes they have and not pricey either.:)

After reading this thread I decided to try a discount store. I don't have much time to shop and usually just go to the stores I am familiar with. I went to Rodd and I found a beautiful Jones New York black jersey dress org $144.00 I paid 39.96 a saving of 104.00. What a find:):):) It will make a great dress for the cruise.

Archived