First Cruise: 19-day Panama Canal holiday sailing roundtrip

from Fort Lauderdale, December 16, 2009

• Ryndam: Jan. 16-Feb. 13, 2010

First Cruise: TBD

• Statendam: March 26-April 23, 2010

• Maasdam: Early 2011

Please keep in mind -- these schedules are changing FAST!!

For example the Veendam was scheduled to end her dry dock on April 27,2009 ----

BUT---

because of the many enhancements that HAL is doing to the ship ---

the Veendam will not be back in service until May 1!!!

The other ships will also be undergoing extensive enhancements so --- expect more delays!!

• 2 weeks later...
Please keep in mind -- these schedules are changing FAST!!

For example the Veendam was scheduled to end her dry dock on April 27,2009 ----

BUT---

because of the many enhancements that HAL is doing to the ship ---

the Veendam will not be back in service until May 1!!!

The other ships will also be undergoing extensive enhancements so --- expect more delays!!

I noticed the Veendam shortened the cruise prior to dry dock as well.

We're scheduled on the Rotterdam 12/16 - right after dry dock.

I'm working on the flight schedules (from 3 different cities) right now. Maybe I should wait??

Thanks for you help!

We will be on Rotterdam 12/16. I always book with SWA but not until Sept or Oct.

We are pretty flexible. I will not book a hotel in FLL until Nov., just in case there is a

problem with the schedule.

Greg

We will be on Rotterdam 12/16. I always book with SWA but not until Sept or Oct.

We are pretty flexible. I will not book a hotel in FLL until Nov., just in case there is a

problem with the schedule.

Greg

Probably a good idea.

Maybe after they're done with the Veendam they'll decide if Rotterdam itinerary needs adjusting.

Can't wait to hear your comments about the "new" Veendam in May! :D

Have a great trip!

Karen

It does appear that the schedule has changed a bit - originally I thought the Rotterdam was to go into drydock after the transatlantic in October. We'll be on her Oct 3 - 17 so I hope she's still in pretty good shape, particularly since we will be bringing along some family and friends who haven't sailed a HAL ship before.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I'm working on the flight schedules (from 3 different cities) right now. Maybe I should wait??
I probably would. If you're scheduled to be on the cruise directly after the drydock, there is just too great of a chance of that cruise getting cancelled. So, I wouldn't be making flight arrangements right now. But, as you get closer, you'll probably be safer arranging the flights because if HAL cancels it close to sail date, I am sure they will be willing to do something in the way of paying your change fees if you book a later cruise.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Maybe after they're done with the Veendam they'll decide if Rotterdam itinerary needs adjusting.

That's the problem with these drydock schedules. If one ship is delayed in drydock because the work takes longer than originally anticipated, I could well imagine that pushing the schedule back for subsequent ships, given possible capacity problems at the drydock facility. I have no idea if these places have the capacity to have a couple of ships in there together, both being worked on at the same time. If not, then if one ship has to stay longer, HAL may be stuck delaying the schedules for other ships, and that could create major bottlenecks.

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 5 months later...
That's the problem with these drydock schedules. If one ship is delayed in drydock because the work takes longer than originally anticipated, I could well imagine that pushing the schedule back for subsequent ships, given possible capacity problems at the drydock facility. I have no idea if these places have the capacity to have a couple of ships in there together, both being worked on at the same time. If not, then if one ship has to stay longer, HAL may be stuck delaying the schedules for other ships, and that could create major bottlenecks.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Blue skies, Rita!:(

Blue skies, Rita!:(

Oh, John, when I saw your response, I thought some one else suddenly became Rita, then I went back a post. Now, I agree -- Rita must be laughing about all the brewhaha about the new Mariner benefits. Different thread I know -- but she would understand.

Elaine

Oh, John, when I saw your response, I thought some one else suddenly became Rita, then I went back a post. Now, I agree -- Rita must be laughing about all the brewhaha about the new Mariner benefits. Different thread I know -- but she would understand.

Elaine

When I opened this thread and saw two of her posts on the last page, I did a double take. Then I looked at the dates..............

Agree with your post!:)

I am curious to see what the newly added aft cabins will look like, as we have one of them reserved for a 31-day RT out of San Diego to Hawaii & the South Pacific.
I think it's safe to presume that the new stern A cabins will pretty much look like the existing side A cabins. At least that is the case with the new stern A cabins on the Veendam. :)

Archived