specialty dining room charge

mrs. jones

How is this transaction processed? I'm assuming it's charged to your shipboard account even though it's described as "suggested". Are you asked for your cruise card before/after dining? Thanks!

Just like all of the ship board charges, they take your sea pass, bring it and the slip back to you, you sign the slip, and that's it. The suggested charge is $5.00/pp; you can add more if you think that it's warranted.

Dinner in either Aqulina or Prime-C makes for a very nice evening.

Just like all of the ship board charges, they take your sea pass, bring it and the slip back to you, you sign the slip, and that's it. The suggested charge is $5.00/pp; you can add more if you think that it's warranted.

Dinner in either Aqulina or Prime-C makes for a very nice evening.

Both specialty restaurants are really worth the $5 tip..I have dined with people who just left it in cash..

Jancruz1

For some reason they give you a card to sock. You also get separate slips for wine and bottles water. Not exactly Eco-friendly an it's a bit of a pain after such a great meal. But well worth it!

OK, I typed that on my iPhone, LOL! You don't sock the card, you sign it!:o

So, it sounds like calling it a suggestion is inaccurate if you are presented with a bill to sign.

As I recall, the amount on the card is blank, so you could just ignore it. Payment for wine and water, of course, is not optional. I just don't see why they can't be on the same receipt, even if separate from the optional gratuity (they could just put a line on the receipt for that).

So, it sounds like calling it a suggestion is inaccurate if you are presented with a bill to sign.

It's optional...you don't have to sign, but I think once you've eaten there, you'll agree that it's a great bargain!:)

Both specialty restaurants are really worth the $5 tip..I have dined with people who just left it in cash..

Jancruz1

Does anyone know, if you leave the $5 tip in cash or sign the receipt, does it go directly to the waiters that served you that night or does it get co-mingled with the specialty resturant staff:confused:

The suggested fee is $5 per person, it is charged to your seapass account

so thats a total of $10 per meal. If you wish you can leave more.

If when you board you want to eat in these restaurants every night you can book a table no problem. (Some people do)

The Azamara staff are amazing and will bend over backwards to fiit your schedhule. A similar steak in the restaurant at the Westin Ft Lauderdale

cost £85 plus tip-and that is just for the entree,

$5 is a pittance for this food and service.

How many times can you book the specialty dinning rooms?

Guaranteed once in each dinning room, but my wife and were never turned away for additional dinning. I think we ate at the specialty restuarants all but two or three nights on an 18 night cruise. Definately worth it.

We dined at the specialty restaurants most nights on our 14 night cruise. I did not care for the inattentive service in the MDR. I thought the first time it was a flook but the second time cinched it for me. The specialty restaurants are fabulous and the service is excellent. I especially enjoyed their rack of lamb.

I completely agree with the insignificance of the charge. It's just that wording--suggested--that offends me! Other lines simply state that their specialty venues have an additional cost attached and I find that more forthright.

It really is a 'suggested' amount as it is completely optional whether you pay the $5 suggested amount, more, less or nothing.

Guaranteed once in each dinning room, but my wife and were never turned away for additional dinning. I think we ate at the specialty restuarants all but two or three nights on an 18 night cruise. Definately worth it.

Is there an additional charge after 2 night?

Every time you go the only charge you pay is the recommended $5 per person service charge though as others say you could reduce or increase it. We ate there 8 times in 14 nights between the 2 restaurants and there were still items on the menu I did not manage to try so will be heading straight back there on the first night in August

Sounds like it would be worth it to dine there as many time as you are able. Jade, you will have to join us at least one evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

tata and cheerio

Robb and Tony

Is there an additional charge after 2 night?

Yes, each night we paid the recommended $5 pp charge and I did tip the matra de a bit extra towards the end of the cruise to thank him for being so accommodating.

We also seemed to get the same waiter every night, who would always take care of all our quirky requests with a smile, so we tipped him towards the end of the cruise as well. Both times just slipped 'em a nice crisp bill. I didn't put it on the card.

Archived