Library on Journey?

cirpi

There are lots of books, but I confess that I didn't recognize most of the authors. There is also an exchange shelf, where I left our paperbacks and found a few more to read.:)

Thanks and good to know. What we found notably lacking on our three east-west TAs on the Millennium is the scarcity of reference books.

Considering the size and relative "newness" of the ship, I was surprised at the breadth of the library on both the Quest and the Journey. I thought that it was better than the current library on the Constellation. As noted above there is also exchange available. What I always do before a trip is to go to my local library and pick up a couple or three withdrawn paperbacks for a quarter each. If I go through those, then I use the exchange self to be sure I make it home.

Hope that's helpful.

Hi Jan,

What a great idea! Do you have trouble reading the print on the kindle?

Sheila

Sheila, you can make it any size you want!..and if you dont know a word, you push a button and get the definition..

Jancruz1

We did a TA on the Journey in December. The fiction books are at least one or two years old, but there is a wide selection. I recognized many books I had previously read, and was glad I'd packed books of my own. The library itself is beautiful . . . like a gracious country home.

I was on the Journey last month for 12 days- the library was excellent! I was really surprised- it is extensive. Very well stocked with current best selling authors! I read 5 books while on board- all fiction- didn't really look at the non-fiction. You all enjoy your cruise- I'm jealous! We had a great cruise- the food was very good and the staff was gracious and accomadating. I wish I was going with you.:D

Just received my new Kindle yesterday, and can't wait to travel without a suitcase full of books. The only thing I'm disappointed in so far is the number of travel guides available. From what I've seen listed, it appears most of them are only for specific cities as opposed to entire countries.

Just received my new Kindle yesterday, and can't wait to travel without a suitcase full of books. The only thing I'm disappointed in so far is the number of travel guides available. From what I've seen listed, it appears most of them are only for specific cities as opposed to entire countries.

Wineart..did you get the Kindle 2?..I know you will love it!!

Jancruz1

Yes, it's the new version. Haven't had a chance to play with it very much yet, hopefully will have more time this weekend. Then I have to teach my low-tech DH how to use it! Had a case of insomnia last night, and at 3:30am this morning downloaded today's issue of the International Herald Tribune........No more waiting for a paperboy or mailman!

Just wanted to find out if anyone has the same problem my DH and I have while reading aboard a ship. We both love to read and after a short time, start dozing off. We are Type A and don't relax much at home, so I think it must be the motion of the ship and relaxing that does it. Any thoughts?

Sheila

Just wanted to find out if anyone has the same problem my DH and I have while reading aboard a ship. We both love to read and after a short time, start dozing off. We are Type A and don't relax much at home, so I think it must be the motion of the ship and relaxing that does it. Any thoughts?

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

My opinion..it depends on if you are sitting up or lying down..I find if I go out by the pool on a lounge..I also fall asleep but if I sit up in a chair, I can read much longer and dont fall asleep! I cant wait to hear what you think about Azamara..I know a lot of people on board so when you are on if you send the list of major crew..I would appreciate it!

Jancruz1

The library is very well stocked. I found a new biography of Alexis de Tocqueville published in 2007. Really interesting book. Even if you are not a reader, the library is one of the most beautiful areas of the ship.

Archived