How many times do you check for price reductions?

I check the websites about once a week, and if I notice a substantial drop, I call my TA. My TA gets me great rates, WAY lower than the RCCL website, so it has to drop pretty far for me to call the TA and ask if I can get a better rate than what she is already giving me.

For example: We booked an E1 balcony on the Serenade Southern Caribbean, 7 day. We paid $540 per person... Lower than the interior rates! My TA can do this because her agency buys blocks of cabins to sell at a discounted rate!

That is fantastic! You have a great TA! I wish I had one like that.

The cruise I booked last week for next April is now $400 cheaper (total price for all 3 of us) less than what I paid. I just checked it. I placed a new reservation on hold for 24hrs. I am going to call my TA tomorrow and see if she will do the price adjustment. If she does not, then I will cancel my old reservation and continue on with the new reservation. Who knows, by tomorrow the price could change again....

I check almost everyday. I've had two price reductions on our Radiance Alaska cruise in May. I booked on opening day and the price went down several months later. The last price drop only lasted one day. I saved $1290 on our D1 hump cabin. :D

I check daily on all 4 cruises I have booked . . I just downloaded ***** and although I checked yesterday, today while installing the program it found a senior discount on my solo cruise in Dec! It just saved me over 600 Dollars!!!!

Thanks so much Sabbo . .. great program. Sent in my donation for your program . . worth every penny.

Everyone should definitely check more than once a week. I have taken advantage of so many price drops for our May Med. cruise. I would not have even known of a Utah residency discount if I wasn't going in daily and putting in our state and everything. I have 3 balcony cabins reserved and my last price drop saved us $3,700! No lie! The Utah residency rate for a 1A cabin on the Solstice was $1400!!! I almost paid that much for a Caribbean cruise for 7 days! It was only available for a few days though.

Check often everyone... and make sure you put your state in, and if you are over 55+ It really does make a difference.

Per someone, I forget which agent it was, at the C&A call center, every evening around 9 or 10pm East Coast time the folks with their finger on the pricing pulse update pricing so since then I have checked at least each evening, and more around Monday and Tuesday.

Archived