Europe 2010

CLEMM

When will Europe 2010 be on the website? I am looking into booking a cruise and all the other companies have Europe up already. Princess is going to lose business if anyone is like me, tired of waiting, and just books another line. I know the TA's have them so why not post them already?

When will Europe 2010 be on the website? I am looking into booking a cruise and all the other companies have Europe up already. Princess is going to lose business if anyone is like me, tired of waiting, and just books another line. I know the TA's have them so why not post them already?

The TA's have them, but the TA's can't sell them. Until they are open for sales, there is no reason for Princess to show them if they're not able to sell them.

After what we have seen recently when bookings opened too early (cancelled almost a year after bookings opened and a year before sailing), I can see possibly why Princess isn't in a huge hurry to open bookings for next year. So many ships are being relocated, I would rather see them hold off until they are sure, then rush to open these sailings and have a ton of disappointed passengers. :o

Are you worried that they will fill up? Highly unlikely in this economic situation, and you can't get air yet why the hurry?

Personally, the Princess ports on the Grand Med, well are Grand, and its on Princess, what else could you want, worth the wait I say :D

The hurry is that other lines are selling and the best cabins go quickly, so if Princess turns out to be more expensive than I may miss an opportunity on another line. And, I am not the type to just book all over the place and then cancel because that seems unfair to the line, other customers, and my pocketbook. If they have it figured out, and apparently they do, then they should start selling. I can't imagine I am the only one who feels this way.

The hurry is that other lines are selling and the best cabins go quickly, so if Princess turns out to be more expensive than I may miss an opportunity on another line. And, I am not the type to just book all over the place and then cancel because that seems unfair to the line, other customers, and my pocketbook. If they have it figured out, and apparently they do, then they should start selling. I can't imagine I am the only one who feels this way.

Under those circumstances, by all means book with another line. .The Princess organization has their ways of doing business and it is we who must adhere to it. So far they've been pretty successful, so I for one won't question their business practices.

TA's have received the schedules but can't yet book. My vacation planner at Princess told me yesterday that she would be able to book a 2010 Europe itinerary I'm interested in on April 1st. I usually book at least a year in advance, but I probably won't on this one so other than curiosity about the initial pricing I really don't care about the delay. I'm going to gamble that there will be special offers closer to sailing time, and just keep checking availablity between now and then.

Not ALL other lines have their schedules posted yet.

HAL doesn't. I'm interested in a Baltics itinerary (they have in '09), so I called to see if it would be offered in '10, and the HAL rep wouldn't even confirm or deny. Just told me to check in April, that is when Europe 2010 would be released.

So while NCL or RCI might have their schedules posted, looks like most of Carnival products don't.

To the OP - I feel your anxiousness. I'm right there with ya! I wish they had them out already, but I fully understand their reasons for not releasing them for booking yet.

There have been too many changes lately and the uncertain economic times makes it more business-prudent to wait.

I know it's hard to wait. There are 3 cruise lines (Oceania, HAL and Princess) that haven't opened their Fall, 2010 schedules yet and I am waiting...not very patiently...but, I'm waiting. Hang in there and know that you are not alone. ;)

The itineraries are on the Princess site, you just have to dig a bit. Go to the News Releases and there's a link at the bottom of the release that talks about Europe.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1003

Someone posted a PDF here the other day with prices which are sky high, hopefully they'll come down a bit.

I would bet that there will be many choices available in all categories on other lines by the time Princess' Europe itineraries come out. Someone posted the preliminary travel agent price structure for Princess Europe 2010 schedule. The Ruby seems to be very expensive when compared to a similar cruise on Celebrity Solstice for same time periods. If you really want specific cabins on other lines, there is no sense in waiting. I just plan on booking a standard balcony cabin and I'm in no rush.

I am interested in saving $ where possible especially during these tough times and considering a Mediterranean cruise for Sep 2010. I have only sailed with Princess and would be interested in knowing how Celebrity compares with Princess ? Important to us is a balcony stateroom, good food and itinerary.

Thanks in advance

I would bet that there will be many choices available in all categories on other lines by the time Princess' Europe itineraries come out. Someone posted the preliminary travel agent price structure for Princess Europe 2010 schedule. The Ruby seems to be very expensive when compared to a similar cruise on Celebrity Solstice for same time periods. If you really want specific cabins on other lines, there is no sense in waiting. I just plan on booking a standard balcony cabin and I'm in no rush.

I am going on my third Princess cruise in because it was a 7 day and fit into a friend's schedule but Celebrity would always be my cruiseline of choice if itinerary and pricing are similiar. I think Celebrity has the best service and while all cruiselines have taken to nickle and diming their passengers, on Celebrity you can get free ice cream from 12-7 p.m. in the buffet as well as ice cream at dinner. Princess gives free ice cream only for an hour in the afternoon. Also, Celebrity does not charge for brewed coffee although they do charge for cappuccino.Princess does have more 24 hour options though.

on Celebrity you can get free ice cream from 12-7 p.m. in the buffet as well as ice cream at dinner. Princess gives free ice cream only for an hour in the afternoon.

On Princess ice cream is also available at no charge in the dining room at lunch and at dinner.

I am interested in saving $ where possible especially during these tough times and considering a Mediterranean cruise for Sep 2010. I have only sailed with Princess and would be interested in knowing how Celebrity compares with Princess ? Important to us is a balcony stateroom, good food and itinerary.

Thanks in advance

I will cruise on any line. I am more interested in the itinerary, ship (more than line), and price. The Solstice 11-day appears to be $1,000 cheaper per person for a balcony cabin than the 12-day Ruby for a somewhat similar Med cruise. Both are relatively new ships on each lines higher class of ships. So at least we're comparing apples to apples. Either way, it's expensive. But $2,000 is a lot of money. The weird thing is that Princess seems to very competitive on pricing for Caribbean itineraries.

As far as major differences go, Princess offers anytime dining. Celebrity doesn't at the time being. But people on the Celebrity boards say that the bigger ships like the Solstice will be introducing it soon. Having that is somewhat important on a Med cruise where you don't want to rush back to barely make a dinner. But for a savings of a couple grand, I am willing to make sacrifices.

Thanks Ljberkow for the input. $2000 is a lot of $ that could be used towards paying our air fare among other expenses.

I will cruise on any line. I am more interested in the itinerary, ship (more than line), and price. The Solstice 11-day appears to be $1,000 cheaper per person for a balcony cabin than the 12-day Ruby for a somewhat similar Med cruise. Both are relatively new ships on each lines higher class of ships. So at least we're comparing apples to apples. Either way, it's expensive. But $2,000 is a lot of money. The weird thing is that Princess seems to very competitive on pricing for Caribbean itineraries.

As far as major differences go, Princess offers anytime dining. Celebrity doesn't at the time being. But people on the Celebrity boards say that the bigger ships like the Solstice will be introducing it soon. Having that is somewhat important on a Med cruise where you don't want to rush back to barely make a dinner. But for a savings of a couple grand, I am willing to make sacrifices.

Archived