Cya later Coke, welcome aboard Pepsi

ohioNCLcruiser

yahhhhhh. but a rum and pepsi. yuckkkk.

LOL...we drink rum & pepsi all the time. (actually DH drinks rum & pepsi, I drink Vodka and cranberry juice ;)) If you don't like Coke, you HAVE to drink rum & pepsi!! ;)

YOOHOO!!!! I MUCH PREFER PEPSI!!!

I'm known to be very picky about my Rum & Coke (I'm not a picky person in general but for this one I definitely am). I always request it to be made with DARK RUM & DIET PEPSI (not fountain soda). I will settle for diet coke if I must but never for regular coke from a fountain... I prefer to drink water instead

They usually have to charge me for the soda can and I'm fine with it and I also tip the waiter a little extra if he doesn't act like I'm asking way too much and ruining his day.

But now, my doctor told me to avoid cafein from all sources and I'm doing well so next cruise, I'm bringing my own soda (diet A&W Root Beer and Cafein Free Diet Pepsi). This will be a first for me, I would usually just buy a can or two per day (I don't like the fountain kind and a can or two is less expensive than a soda card).

This would definitely keep me from booking NCL. bummer... but there are plenty that still serve the nectar of the Gods.

Around here The nectar of the Gods is Mountain Dew, which means they will be carrying it as it is a Pepsi product!!!Yea.

FOOLS, NCL is staffed by FOOLS I doubt this change will last long. Hope they signed a short contract.

Now personally While I was a Coke addict, I broke the habit and now only drink Barg diet root beer which I have to bring myself since they don't have it on board anyway.

• Administrators
Is this really a deciding factor to you?

I can't remember ever having this be part of the equation in any vacation purchase...

Not as long as I can bring onboard my personal supply of soft drinks. But it is going to affect what mixed drinks I choose -- rum & pepsi just doesn't cut it for me, either. :( Coke and Pepsi (and particularly the diet versions of each) are very different products.

Coke & Pepsi are definitely two totally different products for sure. I understand how one could truly dislike Pepsi because I truly dislike Coke. But I am LMAO here thinking that some people will actually stop cruising NCL because they'll no longer carry Coke products! :eek:

You all can't be serious???????

Being a Pepsi lover, myself it never bothered me to suck it up on ALL my cruises (because up until now, all lines carried Coke) and just drink it.

LOL...I can just imagine saying that I'd never cruise at all because all lines carry Coke. :rolleyes:

Good grief!

Just a side-note for those who are concerned what they eat and drink... anyone else, please ignore this post.

Most people never even noticed that when they brought "Classic Coke" back from the dead, the recipe had changed from the original. It no longer was made with sugar, but high fructose corn syrup. Now about 99 percent of the sodas made in the USA are full of that poison. Even Jones soda-- which boasts "pure cane sugar" is bad for you. It's made with "inverted sugar" which is the same process as they do to corn syrup and it's just as bad for you.

High fructose corn syrup has snuck into most of our cakes, cookies, salad dressing, crackers, and even in Yoplait yogurt!!! (You think you're eating healthy, but you're not!)

HFCS has been linked with the development of obesity, fatty liver disease and type II diabetes.

So the bottom line... if you care about your health, you might want to consider skipping the soda card on the ship, and sticking with water.

I think it's a bad idea.... prefer coke too.....

My favorite Pepsi line however is related to their advertising tagline a number of years ago:

- Pepsi, the taste of a New Generation.

There's a marketing case-study where the Chinese (or Japanese...my memory is fading) translation of that campaign read:

"Pepsi, it will bring your ancestors back to life".

I've avoided it ever since ;)

It won't change my plans for sailing on NCL but it doesn't make me happy. I do not like Pepsi and I never have. I guess there will be fewer sodas on my next cruise. It's a little bit of an inconvenience for a non-alcohol drinker such as myself.

Take care,

Mike

It truly sucks that cruise lines and all businesses can't carry both to give people a choice.

But, it is what it is.

Does NCL allow you to carry soda on?? Maybe you can bring your own Coke?

Archived