Cya later Coke, welcome aboard Pepsi

ohioNCLcruiser

Coke & Pepsi are definitely two totally different products for sure. I understand how one could truly dislike Pepsi because I truly dislike Coke. But I am LMAO here thinking that some people will actually stop cruising NCL because they'll no longer carry Coke products! :eek:

You all can't be serious???????

Being a Pepsi lover, myself it never bothered me to suck it up on ALL my cruises (because up until now, all lines carried Coke) and just drink it.

LOL...I can just imagine saying that I'd never cruise at all because all lines carry Coke. :rolleyes:

Good grief!

I agree! What type of soft drinks they serve is not a deciding factor for me. Gee l Think I would rather pay more money, be forced to eat at specific times and have to dress up to go to eat but it is all worth it because I will have coke to drink LMAO

You absolutely correct...cruiselines must sign an exclusive contract. It's either one or the other...not both! This time, I guess Pepsi had the best price. I'll be bringing my own Diet Coke on board, now. It will probably be my luck to be made an example of by NCL police! :D

DT

They do not have to sign an exclusive contract - they have chosen to do so because the discounts are larger if they do. There are a few places around here that serve both coke and pepsi, but not many. FYI - Sonic used to (20-25 years ago) but it was more profitable to sign an exclusive contract than to carry both.

Dr. Pepper is an independent and has contracted with the local bottlers to be distributed by both coke and pepsi. I don't know how the contracts are set up now, but back when I worked for pepsi, schwepps was distributed by pepsi and canada dry was by coke. I know the bottler I worked for distributed A&W products (independent), but I don't know if that was just for our market or was national - I tend to think national.

Did ya know - if a pepsi or coke employee was spotted drinking a competitor's product in public, they could be fired? I don't know if that's the case now, but it was in the employee handbook back in the mid-80s.

And I don't even drink pop now......

Regarding Coke vs. Pepsi, frankly my response would be: "A Pox On Both Their Houses" (with apologies to Shakespere).

If it were even remotely possible, I'd ask NCL, RCCL, and every other cruise line out there to consider stocking a rather obscure brand of soda, but one that is beloved here in the east coast of the US, specifically New Jersey: Boylan Soda Works. The difference between them and most of the other soda companies? They use real cane sugar in the mix INSTEAD OF HFCS. Frankly, it makes a world of difference.

The Boylan Cola is the single greatest thing known to humanity, with the Red Birch Beer and regular Birch Beer a close second.

Alas, my dream of seeing Boylan on a cruise ship anytime soon is about as likely as winning the MegaMillions Lottery Jackpot here in NJ tonight.

Michael

Just a side-note for those who are concerned what they eat and drink... anyone else, please ignore this post.

Most people never even noticed that when they brought "Classic Coke" back from the dead, the recipe had changed from the original. It no longer was made with sugar, but high fructose corn syrup. Now about 99 percent of the sodas made in the USA are full of that poison. Even Jones soda-- which boasts "pure cane sugar" is bad for you. It's made with "inverted sugar" which is the same process as they do to corn syrup and it's just as bad for you.

High fructose corn syrup has snuck into most of our cakes, cookies, salad dressing, crackers, and even in Yoplait yogurt!!! (You think you're eating healthy, but you're not!)

HFCS has been linked with the development of obesity, fatty liver disease and type II diabetes.

So the bottom line... if you care about your health, you might want to consider skipping the soda card on the ship, and sticking with water.

LOL, but the high fructose corn syrup is much safer for you than the poison that they put in the diet drinks! I rarely drink any soda at all anymore, but when I do, it's Dr. Pepper!

I know. Mine too, minus the emoticons.

Just funning.

I make use of the emoticons because I realize that on the Internet we can't see someone's facial expressions, body language, or hear their tone of voice, so at times it can be difficult to tell if someone is joking or serious. ;)

NCL has created a whole new set of problems. Now there is total confusion when you go ashore and tell the locals that you can't get coke on the ship and need to buy some.

What next to complicate our lives !!

In some ports this won't be a problem! :eek:

NCL has created a whole new set of problems. Now there is total confusion when you go ashore and tell the locals that you can't get coke on the ship and need to buy some.

What next to complicate our lives !!

NCL will now have headlines on this board and in newspapers saying:

"NCL Passengers Caught Bringing Coke Onboard" :p:p

The DEA might be raiding the NCL ships more when they hear chatter of the NCL passengers bringing "coke" on to the ship. ;):eek:;)

NCL will now have headlines on this board and in newspapers saying:

"NCL Passengers Caught Bringing Coke Onboard" :p:p

The DEA might be raiding the NCL ships more when they hear chatter of the NCL passengers bringing "coke" on to the ship. ;):eek:;)

Maybe they can do another TV show about this !!

Archived