Cya later Coke, welcome aboard Pepsi

ohioNCLcruiser

Yikes....hope it's still aboard Majesty when I sail her in October. May have to rethink Star to Alaska May 2010.....why'd you do this to me NCL?

Is this really a deciding factor to you?

I can't remember ever having this be part of the equation in any vacation purchase...

Personally speaking, I say hurray! I drink Coke products if Pepsi isn't available - Pepsi tastes better. So thank you NCL! :D

And I say Coke tastes better than Pepsi.:p

If Coke is not available, I'll go without rather than drink that "other stuff.":D

Never bothered to do it before but it looks like I'll be schlepping along some COKE this year.:D

Sorry if this has already been said here but yesterday the POA got Pepsi and no longer sells coke brand drinks. This is going fleet wide just not sure the dates.

As a Pepsi lover, this is great news!

Sorry if this has already been said here but yesterday the POA got Pepsi and no longer sells coke brand drinks. This is going fleet wide just not sure the dates.

Do they have new cups to go with the Pepsi, since the old ones say Coke on them?

Is this really a deciding factor to you?

I can't remember ever having this be part of the equation in any vacation purchase...

Not a deciding factor, but not so good news to say the least. I admit that both DH and I are coke-aholics. Only coke, not nasty Pepsi. I can manage if I must but DH refuses to drink Pepsi...hates it.

Will we still criuse NCL? Of course, but it'll mean dragging a LOT more Coke on board for the week instead of just the 2 fridge packs that we take on now to keep in the cabin. Now, if NCL ever stops passengers from bringing their own soda on board, then it truly could be a problem for my DH.

I know it sounds weird, but hey, there are worse addictions. :p

CG

I've always been a champion of the consumer. So I believe that a company should provide both products and let the consumer decide what they wish to purchase instead of having the decision made for them.

I'm thrilled to see that NCL has broken from the pack and is now offering Pepsi products, but wish they'd also offer coke as well.

I prefer Pepsi when drinking a plain soft drink, so have purchased some to bring with me when boarding the ships. Nice to see that I don't have to do that any longer :cool:.

But, I do hope Coke is still available in the bar areas for mixing with alcoholic drinks. Whiskey and Pepsi just isn't the same as Whiskey and Coke.

On edit: Now that would live up to "Free to whatever...". A NCL commercial where the passenger bellies up to the bar asking for a soda and the bartender places a can of Pepsi and a can of Coke in front of the guest and asks which he or she prefers. :B

I would not be suprised top see a LARGE decrease in soda card sales.

NCL just lost my families soda sales, let me see if I can get some Coke, the drinkable kind, smuggled past the naughty room?

Will restaurants charge me a Cokeage fee?

This would definitely keep me from booking NCL. bummer... but there are plenty that still serve the nectar of the Gods.

I've always been a champion of the consumer. So I believe that a company should provide both products and let the consumer decide what they wish to purchase instead of having the decision made for them.

I'm thrilled to see that NCL has broken from the pack and is now offering Pepsi products, but wish they'd also offer coke as well.

I prefer Pepsi when drinking a plain soft drink, so have purchased some to bring with me when boarding the ships. Nice to see that I don't have to do that any longer :cool:.

But, I do hope Coke is still available in the bar areas for mixing with alcoholic drinks. Whiskey and Pepsi just isn't the same as Whiskey and Coke.

On edit: Now that would live up to "Free to whatever...". A NCL commercial where the passenger bellies up to the bar asking for a soda and the bartender places a can of Pepsi and a can of Coke in front of the guest and asks which he or she prefers. :B

It will be just Pepsi products im sure. The soda market is a one or the other market. Nowhere im aware of carries both, im pretty sure its a contractual thing.

I would not be suprised top see a LARGE decrease in soda card sales.

NCL just lost my families soda sales, let me see if I can get some Coke, the drinkable kind, smuggled past the naughty room?

Will restaurants charge me a Cokeage fee?

hee hee hee! too cute!

I agree... NO way does a Jack and Coke... or a Rum and Coke, taste the same with Pepsi. Ick!

Yeah... NCL should stick to "whatever" and offer both:D

It will be just Pepsi products im sure. The soda market is a one or the other market. Nowhere im aware of carries both, im pretty sure its a contractual thing.

You are correct about restaurants and some businesses only selling one brand or the other.

I've never understood why buisnesses can't or won't sell both to their customers :confused:.

Local grocery stores used to run sales on one brand or the other (when they weren't running a sale on other soft drink brands). Then they wisened up and started running both on sale, at times, and letting the shopper decide which they wanted to purchase. A great move in my opinion since both products got sold and the shopper didn't have to "settle" for what was on sale :cool:. Many times I'd see people purchase both brands, and I've done the same.

And I say Coke tastes better than Pepsi.:p

If Coke is not available, I'll go without rather than drink that "other stuff.":D

Never bothered to do it before but it looks like I'll be schlepping along some COKE this year.:D

I have to agree, I like either regular coke or at a pinch pepsi but try putting diet pepsi or diet coke with rum and the result, to my taste, is awful.

However Coke Zero with rum is more or less acceptable.

And thats why we have taken our own for the past several years, as NCL didn't have Coke Zero when it came out (maybe they do now???)

so nothing will change for us.

Hey, I'd rather have regular Coke but the 5 teaspoons of sugar per can would not help my diet, already severely compromised by cruising.

Pepsi stock which someone mentioned in this thread has for the last few years mostly been tracking the DJ pretty closely, and also matching the swings in Coke. As stocks go I felt it was one of the better ones, now if you want a real bad one try RCL, but even RCL would have made you big $$ if you had bought it a few weeks ago and sold last week. Timing is everything.

You are correct about restaurants and some businesses only selling one brand or the other.

I've never understood why buisnesses can't or won't sell both to their customers :confused:.

The reason why is because the cola companies give restaurants (businesses) lower wholesale prices for exclusively. Colas selling at the same price bought at a cheaper price means higher profits for the restaurants. Buy goods low and sell goods high has and will always be a goal for all businesses.

The reason why is because the cola companies give restaurants (businesses) lower wholesale prices for exclusively. Colas selling at the same price bought at a cheaper price means higher profits for the restaurants. Buy goods low and sell goods high has and will always be a goal for all businesses.

Thank you for the explanation :).

That makes it understandable why they do it then.

Archived