Naughty Room on RCCL Ships?

We had to report to the "naughty room" on Navigator 2 weeks ago and they made us open our bag. There was a voicemail in our cabin alerting us to report to Deck 1. We had a bottle of wine that we were supposed to have drunk the night before--however we were stuck in Atlanta while our luggage went on to FLL. By the next day we had forgotten about the wine... I have to say that it was all "matter of fact" and we were not made to feel like "criminals". Also, there were a lot of other folks in the "same boat"...

They said they had confiscated over 5000 bottles on the previous cruise! (Spring Break)!!!!!

I was telling my mum about the rum runners. She has mostly cruised P&O, where there are few restrictions re alchol, but has given me a cheque for £150 to stop me having to read any more rum runner threads! We hardly ever drink and I wouldn't have bothered even trying to take anything on board, but it was really nice of her to give us the gift.

Were any of these experiences with rum runners? Has there really been more success with them? Carry-on or checked?

My DH has two rum runners in his suitcase. When he went to the "Naughty Room" to get the suitcase, they told him it had an unidentified object and unidentified liquids. When DH took out the knife he had in his suitcase, they closed it and let him take it. We will try to use the rum runners again for sure, but they are not 100% fool proof! :(

They didn't take my locks off my luggage on Adventure of the Seas. The "naughty" room was way down like on deck 2 or something. I went all the way down only to find out I had to have my keys- went all the way back up got the keys - all the way back down......opened my luggage and TA-DA!! It really WAS Club Soda in that bottle!! LOL! They let me go.......:p

:p WE took a 24 pack of water, yes just plain 'ol water on our recent cruise on Navigator. After dinner the first night, our water had to post bail and get out of the naughty room;). We were told that the large amount of liquid raised the red flag. So, no harm no foul.

Ok, so on the Freedom of the Seas can I bring a bottle of wine with an opener?? On Disney they did allow you to bring it on, so just wondering what the policy is if there is one.

The policy is no alcohol of any kind and that includes wine.

Were any of these experiences with rum runners? Has there really been more success with them? Carry-on or checked?

We have always used rumrunners with no peoblem until this last time. I think the reason my bag was searched was because I had all the bodywash,mouthwash,shampoo,conditioner in it. They went through everything. My husbands suitcase had on the same orange luggahe strap on it and was searched too ,but they didn't take out his runrunner!We;ll use them again but pack all of them in my DH bag without all the other containers which is what we usually do.

• 5 months later...
We have always used rumrunners with no peoblem until this last time. I think the reason my bag was searched was because I had all the bodywash,mouthwash,shampoo,conditioner in it. They went through everything. My husbands suitcase had on the same orange luggahe strap on it and was searched too ,but they didn't take out his runrunner!We;ll use them again but pack all of them in my DH bag without all the other containers which is what we usually do.

Did you have any rumrunner's in your suitcase? Did they open the suitcase or have you open it and then they then rummaged? I usually pack some diet Dr. Pepper in my suitcase, vacuumed sealed, but, also, have a rum runner with rye in it elsewhere. Wondering if I should just carry the diet Dr. Pepper in my carry-on since I don't have any other bottles in my suitcase that would attract any interest.

Tucker in Texas

I had diet dr pepper in my checked bags last year. I brought it from home, as I was told I couldn't find it in San Jaun. As far as I know, our bags where never checked, and they were not delayed (at least I assume not they came before 4) We also had another seperate duffel bag that we used as we bought water and some other soda when arriving in san juan. Everything came at the same time.

how do they tell the difference?? I don't think my soda was checked???

Hmmmmmm NO naughty room on Princess...I guess they still respect their passengers, and still allow wine to be carried on with no questions asked.

Oh there's a naughty room on Princess. I have been. Got into my cabin to find a voice message to come a designated room ona lower deck regarding my luggage. In my luggage was a steamer and several nipps. When i got down to the room i was in good company. One of the security ladies asked me to identify my bag and to open it. My suitcase had a large piece of tape on it saying "HUGE KNIFE"; she proceeded to remove items as i told her there is not knife in the bag. She removed the steamer ( which looks like an iron..i said..its a steamer; she opened the bag with the nipps, i shrugged my shoulders and then she found a small pair of scissors ( i had forgotten i brought them to alter my daughters halloween costume which i picked up from her dorm room in Miami before going to port in FLL). THere was no knife but the scissors somehow must have been placed in the bag and looked like a large (HUGE) knife.

She let me keep everything in the bag:)!

Anybody notice how old this thread is? Oh well, it makes for entertainment either way.

FWIW, Serenade's crew did not scoop alcohol on our cruise in January. I walked on a full bottle of rum in Philipsburg and another in Castries. I even sent it through the scanner. The one guy there made some remark about checking it, but no one was set up to do so, so I shrugged and hauled it on up to the cabin.

Change in times? Or am I just a natural born smuggler with a lucky streak? :)

Anybody notice how old this thread is? Oh well, it makes for entertainment either way.

Change in times? Or am I just a natural born smuggler with a lucky streak? :)

Ooops, you are right, I didn't check it. I need to routinely do that because I got all excited when I read a post that said they were going to let you combine stockholder OBC with Diamond balcony discounts for sailings after December 31. After reading a few more posts that said that wasn't right that they had been told after December 31 you could not combine, I went back and realized the poster meant December 31, 2008. Rats! I'd rather be able to combine benefits than use a Diamond lounge.

I've only heard of one or two cases where rumrunners have been taken up but never gotten an answer on whether they were discovered because they were looking for something else and came across them, in their carry-on, etc. Just how they were found.

Tucker in Texas

You don't need to unlock a suitcase to open it. A locked bag can be opened and searched without removing the lock or destroying the bag.

Dear CL&A-

I'm VERY curious about your statement above. Is it a big mystery (how this can be done) or am I just dense/naive?:confused:

RCI won't bust open your lock. They will contact you to come down and open your luggage for inspection.

March 2008, Vision leaving LA - My wife and I had picked up two bottles of wine at a local shop the night before to tossed them in our checked bag. After dinner our bags were delivered to our room, one had the plastic zip tie that had been though it's zippers removed, a note put inside saying we could pick up our wine at the end of the cruise, and a new zip tie (different color) though the zippers.

I personally think when you're called and caught with bottles there should be a fine attached. Just how cheap are some of you that you take this sort of risk for a few dollars. Or maybe it's the thrill of getting away with it like a child. Whatever. If it were up to me I'd throw you off the ship.

I personally think when you're called and caught with bottles there should be a fine attached. Just how cheap are some of you that you take this sort of risk for a few dollars. Or maybe it's the thrill of getting away with it like a child. Whatever. If it were up to me I'd throw you off the ship.

while i dont agree with a fine ..... i think you should lose the booze

this will deter people from doing it again

freeing up hundreds of man hours every cruise

Dear CL&A-

I'm VERY curious about your statement above. Is it a big mystery (how this can be done) or am I just dense/naive?:confused:

I have seen on youtube how to open a suitcase if it has a zipper. IF it is secured with latches, then I am not sure how you would open it.

while i dont agree with a fine ..... i think you should lose the booze

this will deter people from doing it again

freeing up hundreds of man hours every cruise

I don't know why I am responding to this kind of post.... it must be a weakness of mine, but do you seriously think it is ok to steal?

The booze is my private property, and I am legally allowed to possess that property, no different than a knife of scissors. I still think stealing is a crime and that taking a bottle of booze on a cruise is not.

jc

Archived