Naughty Room on RCCL Ships?

DH had to report to the "Naughty Room" two weeks ago on the Adventure of the Seas. We had received all but one piece of luggage by the time we went to the diningroom on the first night. When we returned, the missing piece was still nowhere in sight. We suspected where it might be, but we were not contacted nor were we left a note of any kind. DH contacted the desk and was told to go down to deck 1, I believe. Yes, to the "Naughty Room". There they asked him to open his suitcase and he had to remove a knife that he had taken with him. (guess its a guy thing) :rolleyes: They kept the knife until the end of the cruise and then he picked it up once we stepped off the ship.

He said there were many suitcases there and many bottles of wine, liquer etc.

Two years ago they delivered the suitcase with a note inside saying they had taken a bottle of wine out. This time it appears there was a different procedure. I am told it may depend on the departure port.

So yes, RCCL does have the "Naughty Room".

Why confiscate a pocket knife? :rolleyes:

So if someone really wants a knife where could they go and get one?

Ummm- the dining room... and a nice steak knife..

RCI could end this smuggling debate rather quickly.

If they find a bottle of booze in a pax suitcase they should direct their staff to break the bottle and make certain the contents saturate the contents of the suitcase. Then when the pax come to claim their bags in the naughty room RCI can say "We are so sorry something has been leaking in your suitcase".:p

Maybe then they would stop smuggling.:)

RCI could end this smuggling debate rather quickly.

If they find a bottle of booze in a pax suitcase they should direct their staff to break the bottle and make certain the contents saturate the contents of the suitcase. Then when the pax come to claim their bags in the naughty room RCI can say "We are so sorry something has been leaking in your suitcase".:p

Maybe then they would stop smuggling.:)

Vandalism is also illegal. Funny how those who like the rules, are encouraging the cruiseline to break actual laws. :p

Plus, as a veteran traveler who has seen broken bottles of wine, I know to always take a waterproof float bag in which to store all of my liquids in my checked luggage.

jc

G'MA

Originally Posted by KandMGIn viewpost.gif

I do know I am going to steal portriats when I get gussied up for formal night, stand infront of the stairs and ask a complete stranger to take my picture. I know I am going to steal a massage and a polish when DH uses lotion I brought to rub me down and when I change my polish in my bathroom. This is cutting into the ships profit just as much as a recovering alcohol does when they come on board. The HUGE gorilla in your statements here is this: there are NO rules in place prohibiting lotions, having your picture taken, polishing your own nails. There IS a rule in place prohibiting alcohol.

What is with the Gorillas....OK...anyways....it does not matter if they are rules or not. They still want that revenue and they are not getting it. So it is uping your cost.

Come on you alcoholics...drink already! I don't want to pay more because you are causing RCI to lose money...and don't even get me started on the recovering gamblers...:mad:. My bringing a rum runner on the ship is the same as my choosing not to drink alcohol on the ship. Not the same at all...another gorilla. There is no rule saying you MUST consume alcohol..so, if you choose not to drink, fine.

More with the Gorlllas...:rolleyes:...If everyone decided not to drink, RCI would double your price. Of course it matters. Duh.

If I couldn't bring my own and get it through security, then I just would not drink rather that pay those prices. I would get liquored up at the ports and drink the free stuff at the tastings, crown and anchor and such events. So still...NO PROFIT. Do you not believe that RCCL and other cruise lines have averages and statistics they have gathered over many years and KNOW what average percentage of their passengers drink, don't drink, smuggle? To believe they don't know exactly what they are doing and exactly what they need to do to meet targe revenues is simply too precious and naive. And, how sad that your idea of a "good" cruise is getting "liquored up".......as cheaply as possible.

Thankfully no Gorillas, and....I do not care about RCI stats. They have no idea if I am a non drinker or a smuggler. In that case, they will be raising the price of your cruise based on the fact that I am not drinking...does not matter why I am not.

Also....liquored up was a term....I actually drink about 2 drinks a day on a cruise.....(which does get me liquored up since I don't drink very often)...BUT...I love how saddened you are being surronded by NON uptight, pompous, richy.....I drink on drink a day and it costs me 700.00 people.

LIVE AND LET DIE...or atleast just the latter.

Anywho....please do not insult yourself by saying "i..." in your posts. It says nothing about the person you are responding to and everything about yourself.

Vandalism is also illegal. Funny how those who like the rules, are encouraging the cruiseline to break actual laws. :p

Plus, as a veteran traveler who has seen broken bottles of wine, I know to always take a waterproof float bag in which to store all of my liquids in my checked luggage.

jc

If you smuggle you deserve whatever happens when you get caught.

Baggage handlers have been known to "drop" things. I'm sure RCI employees can "drop" things as well.

"It was an accident".;)

Great idea, Bakincakes. But why stop there?

After RC institutes the practice of smashing the bottles they should really enforce the rest of their RULES. We certainly don't want anarchy aboard ship. How about if they:

Refuse food service to those who arrive a minute late to the dining room. Lateness is nothing short of blatant inconsideration for others! Time is money and RULES is RULES.

Hire dress code police to lock down offenders attired in unsuitable garb during formal evenings. Hey Buddy, I don't want to see your hairy legs - put on some long pants. Didn't you read the RULES?

Banishing chair hogs from the pool area for the duration of the cruise. You can't be two places at once, Sister. If you're in the pool you can't be on the chair. You get 10 minutes to reclaim your chair and offending possessions or they get auctioned off after Quest. RULES, people, RULES!

Revoke (without a refund) the drink pass from anyone who permits a sip of a their soda-pass-beverage by a non-soda-pass holder. Hey - you knew the RULES when you bought the card. The cruise lines relies on this revenue.

Disallow public bathroom privileges to those caught using a handicapped stall but can't prove a handicap. Dress code police can do double duty (as it were) on this code enforcement during non MDR times. Check the handicap RULES. And no, it doesn't matter if no handicap person is in line behind you.

Buffet line jumpers - even those who ask to reach in for a pat of butter - should be bodily removed from the food area. We're all in line here… Don't you know the RULES of a queue?

People who talk, joke, don't put on their life jackets and blow their whistles during the muster drill should be placed in the brig for the duration of the cruise. These are international safety RULES and disobedience will not be tolerated.

Have fun everyone, and um, enjoy your cruise.

After taking several cruises on RCI and always taking a small iron, I was finally BUSTED on my previous Mariner cruise last week! We've always taken a small iron and even on the Voyager last year, we took a large steamer, the one with wheels on it and it passed! I'm well aware of the fire hazzards that these items may create and taking the risk of packing it in our luggage always made me a bit nervous. This time they kept my big luggage down in the "naughty room" on deck 1 (near the Medical facility) and no notice was given to me that they were holding it. I just knew that around 7 o'clock when it didn't arrive that I knew it was because of the iron. I asked my stateroom attendant and she said it was probably down there for either alcohol, irons or other items that may not be allowed on board. Went downstairs, they asked me to open it, and then tagged my iron. I was instructed that I could get it back after the cruise in the luggage area after debarking. My problem was that I almost forgot about it when we finished with Customs! There is a little area after you exit customs where these items can be retrieved. You give them your voucher and they in turn issue your item back.

Not entirely sure I was happy about it all cuz I was a bit wrinkled throughout the week (lol) but I know it's a safety factor and it was interesting to find out what happens in these situations first hand!

Peace!:cool:

LOL - Thanks for the tip. I'm cruising soon and posted a tale on another thread about using Rum Runners.

Since I already enrolled in the Meet & Mingle on board ship - and that enrollment requires my Cruise Critic handle, I figured I needed a new pseudonym that RCL doesn't associate with me before posting that story. No sense tipping my hand with respect to any contraband I may be bringing aboard.

lol - thanks for the tip. I'm cruising soon and posted a tale on another thread about using rum runners.

Since i already enrolled in the meet & mingle on board ship - and that enrollment requires my cruise critic handle' date=' i figured i needed a new pseudonym that rcl doesn't associate with me before posting that story. No sense tipping my hand with respect to any contraband i may be bringing aboard.[/quote']

roflmao!!! Classic!!!!!

This is the story I posted that I suspected might put me on RC's "watch this one, she's a trouble-maker" list:

Up until a few years ago, RC had a special Gift Shop sale the first night - as soon as the ship hit international waters. Passengers could purchase bottles of vodka, gin, etc., and bring them to their rooms for use during the cruise. The prices were only a bit higher than mainland prices, but at least people didn't have to smuggle.

Last year my hubby & I went on a RC Caribbean Cruise that sailed out of Puerto Rico. We stayed in PR a couple of days before embarkation date and brought our trusty rum runners with us. On sailing date we realized that we had forgotten to buy alcohol. En route to the port our cabbie drove us to a liquor store. We sat in a quasi-abandoned ourdoor mall and poured the lovely PR rum into the rum runners. My husband elbowed me, and I turned around to see a PR policewoman watching us! :eek: EEK!

As it turned out, she didn't arrest us. In fact, she seemed to find our scheme rather amusing. As we completed our task she did request that instead of throwing them out, we give our empty glass bottles to a (homeless looking) man lurking nearby. He apparently earned his own booze money by recycling bottles! :D

Need I add that we fell in love with Puerto Rico?

I would love to be on a cruise like that, Just Can't Wait.

Be careful, low posters are frowned on by the guy with the little car.

I loved his post, I think it describes your world perfectly. Further, if you think the little car is a little car, think again, it is fire breathing twisty corner eating monster. More fun than any car on the highway on a twisty stretch of road, and I have a driven a lot of sports cars including several exotics, on and off the track. The MINI is a super charged little monster. I have broken several rules in that little monster...:D

jc

I guess DH and I have been lucky. On every cruise we have brought alcohol and wine and have never had it confiscated, nor have we been asked to go to the "naughty room" and open our bags. We are usually very careful about how we pack and we usually don't go overboard (no pun intended), when we have in the past we ended up bringing it home with us. On our last cruise we had a nice bartender who gave us half of our drinks for free so we ended up bringing most of what we brought onboard home with us. :D I didn't know about the "naughty room" . We will have to be more careful, although I think that they are more diligent when there many college students onboard.

Hmm, you break driving rules too. That would seem to suit you well. You obviously don't care anything about other drivers safety or your family should something happen. Quite selfish, don't you think? Utter disregard for anyone but yourself.

I''l bet you even take your own dessert to restaurants because

A. Youuu don't like what they have to offer

B. Youuu don't like the price they charge

C. Youuu want to treat your friends

My My what a class act even with all those posts

:confused: I checked this thread rather thoroughly and can't find any post that describe unlawful or dangerous driving practices. Did I miss something?

I don't know who in particular you were dissing with this post, but sometimes people DO bring their own desserts to a restaurant for all three reasons you cite. (Wedding cakes and birthday cakes spring to mind.) Interestingly enough, the restaurants continue to flourish despite the obvious loss of dessert sale revenue. :rolleyes:

:confused: I checked this thread rather thoroughly and can't find any post that describe unlawful or dangerous driving practices. Did I miss something?

I don't know who in particular you were dissing with this post, but sometimes people DO bring their own desserts to a restaurant for all three reasons you cite. (Wedding cakes and birthday cakes spring to mind.) Interestingly enough, the restaurants continue to flourish despite the obvious loss of dessert sale revenue. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, RCCL sister company Celebrity allows you to take two bottles on wine onboard with you....:eek:

I wouldn't mind paying more if you could buy a couple of bottles onboard and have them in your suite aswell, its nice to offer a drink to a friend... mark

You can do this on RCCL. Before the cruise go to RCCL website and the Deals and Gifts. There is a place to preorder as much wine as you would like. It will then be in your stateroom when you arrive. Also once onboard you buy a bottle of wine from one or two of the bars (I think the Schooner bar is the usual one).

I loved his post, I think it describes your world perfectly. Further, if you think the little car is a little car, think again, it is fire breathing twisty corner eating monster. More fun than any car on the highway on a twisty stretch of road, and I have a driven a lot of sports cars including several exotics, on and off the track. The MINI is a super charged little monster. I have broken several rules in that little monster...:D

jc

Geez that also describes our little Miata it does all those things also and is cheap to drive and upkeep unlike a Corvette plus it can squeeze into the tiniest of parking spaces,a major plus in obtaining free parking during tourist season

:cj

Archived