Window washing on Solstice

grotbags

Don't know if the equipment is near your balcony, but even if it is--it obstructs nothing! It's "ladder-like" and see-through, and takes up very little space at the top of the balcony ceiling. Don't worry! Your views will be just fine.

The poster above most probably didn't have the blooming thing parked in front of his premium cabin for the whole duration of the cruise, like we had in Summit in 2007. It's an awful nuisance and it really blotches the view. Do make sure it's not in front of yours, as you'll have a dreadful time afterwards claiming a refund.

We are in a Sky Suite on the Solstice (leaving in a week) and found out that the window washing equipment is next to us. I'm hoping it doesn't obscure our view or interfere with our enjoyment of the balcony. It's hard to believe that the view of an S1 cabin would have any flaws as that's what we pay the extra money for.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a window washing story. Was on a ship (actually forgot which one) and we were one level below the Lido Deck. So I am sitting on my balcony in my robe enjoying the ocean breeze, the sun and my breakfast, reading a book when I hear this sound. Before I know it I see 3 men on window washing equipment which is moving along our deck to clean the windows above.

I run into the cabin and the entire balcony with my breakfast gets wet. After they are way past our cabin, I go dry off my stuff, sit down and you know it.....I hear the equipment again heading back my way. I grab everything this time and once again our balcony gets soaked. You would think they would prewarn us.

We did complain and got a lovely bottle of bad wine for our inconvenience.

Shirley, could you kindly reveal the number of the cabin you had so I'll know whether to start worrying about my upcoming Equinox cruise which is supposed to be partly a compensation for the window wahser blotched one?

I have a window washing story. Was on a ship (actually forgot which one) and we were one level below the Lido Deck. So I am sitting on my balcony in my robe enjoying the ocean breeze, the sun and my breakfast, reading a book when I hear this sound. Before I know it I see 3 men on window washing equipment which is moving along our deck to clean the windows above.

I run into the cabin and the entire balcony with my breakfast gets wet. After they are way past our cabin, I go dry off my stuff, sit down and you know it.....I hear the equipment again heading back my way. I grab everything this time and once again our balcony gets soaked. You would think they would prewarn us.

We did complain and got a lovely bottle of bad wine for our inconvenience.

This is a great story! You WOULD think they would prewarn you!

Unless I'm mistaken, the window washing rig is stored at the very aft and does not hang down over any balconies. I believe you will be fine.

Our friends were in 1198 on Solstice (aft SS, deck 10). Their aft view was completely unobstructed, but when you look to the side, you are very, very aware of the equipment's presence. I would definitely call it a partially obstructed view from the veranda. We were one deck up, also a corner SS, and our friends were jealous of our more "pure" view.

Shirley, could you kindly reveal the number of the cabin you had so I'll know whether to start worrying about my upcoming Equinox cruise which is supposed to be partly a compensation for the window wahser blotched one?

1198 - sky suite - corner aft.

I am booked into Cabin 1048 and am a bit concerned that the window washing equipment may obscure view,any comments?

You can see it in this photo by Aquahound. I don't know if you can determine if it is in front of "your" cabin but you can at least see how it drops down in front of that row of cabins.

2063910250080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived