The LAFFNVEGAS LIVE From the Statendam Panama Canal Cruise

LAFFNVEGAS

Well I am very Full, Happy, Tired and a bit Tipsy sounds like cousins of the 7 Dwarfs :D

My 2 hour nap did not quite make up for the lack of not really going to bed last night so after having this jumbo strong Margarita at Gators I think I am about ready to call an end to Thursday so we can look forward to Friday and boarding the Statendam. Had to make stop at Publix store after dinner because i realized I forgot to pack the aloe vera gel in case we got sunburned and the one thing I did forget was mascara :eek: I bought some Loreal stuff but I hope they have my Este Lauder on the ship. I usually buy some when I cruise because it is usually about $3.00 cheaper than buying it at Macys plus no tax. But they do not always have it :o

I cannot wait to walk across that gangway tomorrow :)

Signing off from the Embassy Suites in FLL

Hi Lisa!

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you on your great cruise!!

Could you do me a favor - see if James Sutcliffe is the IT/Comms officer on the ship? You may recall the story I told you about a FDA named Joanne - James was her friend. Last I heard he was on the Statendam, but that was a couple of years ago. If you see him, please say hi for us! I'll try to find a picture and attach it so you might recognize him.

Mary

JamesJeff.jpg

1503992024067870248AtJFoO?vhost=travel

Signing off from almost being on the Statendam but instead at the Embassy Suite in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am attaching if it works a picture of the Statendam leaving Port Everglade that I took from the Eurodam starting our 2nd half of our B2B. Little did i know when I took this pictures that we would be sailing out of Port Everglades on the Statendam just 4 months later.

Lisa Tom

I am just about 4 hours from boarding the Statendam and hope I find

you guys on board. I will be the guy wearing the "Singles at Sea" blue tee shirt. :D I just might wear it the first day but play it by ear the other days.:o

You get a chance call me in stateroom 824.

Have a nice day

Dick

Hi Lisa!

I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you on your great cruise!!

Could you do me a favor - see if James Sutcliffe is the IT/Comms officer on the ship? You may recall the story I told you about a FDA named Joanne - James was her friend. Last I heard he was on the Statendam, but that was a couple of years ago. If you see him, please say hi for us! I'll try to find a picture and attach it so you might recognize him.

Mary

JamesJeff.jpg

Mary, I have th list of current officers on the Statendam and the current IT Officer is Geoffrey delos Reyes not James :( Which is too bad because I would of liked to find out how Joanne was doing as well because we had her as our Concierge a few times and was definitely was of the better ones :)

Lisa and Tom, have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat PC cruise on Statendam! I will let Capt. Frrrrrrans know you're coming on tomorrow!:)

John Thanks but I have already been in contact with Frrrrrrans :D If he has not done so have him send you a recent picture taken of him with Miss Pacifico his grin says it all ;)

Good Morning from Fort Lauderdale Florida where the weather is extreme breezy right up there with how Las Vegas has been lately but being a bit more humid and a bit warmer temps.

OK First off I must strike a comment a made about the actual shower head here at the Embassy Suite. Both Tom and I took showers yesterday and could not believe how terrible it was but this morning I discovered we were either very tired, very blonde or getting old and I vote for the tired ;) because I found this other lever that moves and makes all the water go to the shower head and OH what a difference it made. So yes the showers are good here at the Embassy Suites. But that does not help the fact that I think the tub could look cleaner. :o

We got up and attempted to go downstairs to their breakfast. Now in the front section of the hotel only one elevator is working and it took 2 tries to get into an elevator, we really should have taken the stairs :rolleyes: The breakfast down stairs is so very very bad:mad: It really is down right disgusting even for a hotel that is far from full there was a long line for the made to order eggs so I got the already made scrambled and hashbrowns took one bite of both and pushed the tray away. Tom was a bit smarter and in looking at everything thought it all looked pretty disgusting and said he will gladly wait till we get to the Lido. But I will give them points for their coffee, amazingly they have a very tasty coffee that does not seem to have a lot of acid. Wish I could bring the coffee with me because I am not fond of the coffee in the Lido :o (only the main dining room and even this coffee is better than that)

We plan to do Express Check out at about 10:30 then will grab a taxi to Port Everglades. For the life of me I cannot remember the pier number. I think it is 28, I am sure she will be at the same pier that the Eurodam is on Saturdays and the Westerdam is on Sunday since there are only 2 ships in port today.

It will definitely feel good to be back on a DAM ship, our excitement is actually building and we are like kids on Christmas morning :D

I think we will go take a walk aroung the hotel and see if we can go to a higher level of the hotel and find a window that looks out over by Port Everglades, in December we could see the ships from our room.

Signing off from the Embassy Suites in FLL and and soon to be on board the MS Statendam

Only a few hours to go until you're standing on the deck of the Statendam!

Nice to hear the showers at the Embassy were OK. I really liked the Embassy I stayed in in Tampa, but I think I'll avoid the one in FLL on your recommendation!

Hi Lisa

Wishing you a wonderful trip through the Panama Canal on one of our favorite ships, enjoy the Statendam, we really did. If you get a chance please say "Hello and our regards" to Captain Frans from Hal & Marisa Abrams, we had a wonderful dinner with him on our cruise last month.

Lisa,

Love your "blow by blow" commentary of your trip. I feel like I'm reading your journal!!;)

We are going on the Statendam in June to Alaska so I'm interested to hear about the ship. Have never been on HAL before so we are looking forward to our Alaskan adventure.

Have a great time and looking forward to reading your threads. Sue

Only a few hours to go until you're standing on the deck of the Statendam!

Nice to hear the showers at the Embassy were OK. I really liked the Embassy I stayed in in Tampa, but I think I'll avoid the one in FLL on your recommendation!

Go to Hyatt Pier 66. Much better IMO and you can go to one of the travel sites to get a decent rate. Very nice property very near Embassy Suites and front of hotel has full view of Port Everglades. jFun to see 'your ship come in.'

Happy Embarkation Day, Lisa and Tom. No one runs shore ops better than the ladies in FLL. You should have a very smooth, fast Embark. Great you have a pretty day for sailaway!

Lisa,

Although we haven't sailed on her, we had lunch on the Statendam once in Vancouver, BC back in May 2004 when we were up there for the IGLTA conference. (No, I'm NOT a travel agent! :D)

How I envy you your wonderful two weeks aaanboard!

I hope you have a delightful cruise and I can't wait to get your expert opinion on the Panama Rolls next week. ;)

Happy Sails!

-Alan

Archived