Solstice TA's For 2010 have disappeared

dmk

This is just a shot in the dark...but I was just on RCCL Independence a few weeks ago...the concierge told me that he had just got word that this winter was the last winter that IOS would be sailing the Caribbean....in summer 2010 it would start alternating between the summers out of Southampton and winters out of Dubai....well that didn't come to be as they just announced that IOS would start going out of Southampton all year as of 2010....so I wonder with that change if one of these ships are going to happen to wonder over to Dubai instead:confused:

Couldn't imagine that they would keep both in the Caribbean as with the addition of Oasis and her sister ship Allure there is going to be a lot of Caribbean ship added already.

This is just a shot in the dark...but I was just on RCCL Independence a few weeks ago...the concierge told me that he had just got word that this winter was the last winter that IOS would be sailing the Caribbean....in summer 2010 it would start alternating between the summers out of Southampton and winters out of Dubai....well that didn't come to be as they just announced that IOS would start going out of Southampton all year as of 2010....so I wonder with that change if one of these ships are going to happen to wonder over to Dubai instead:confused:

Hi Bajathree !

There is virtually zero chance of Celebrity sending a ship to Dubai. Hopefully, the answers will be known within a few days.

Europe is likely to reappear. Infinity's Alaska did the same thing. But I would expect the TA to be moved up by 13 days

When you say moved up, around what date do you imagine?

Hi Cruise Junky !

I worded it incorrectly, as Emerald is sailing Europe in 2009. I should have said Emerald is not returning to Europe.... but I am correct in saying that Emerald will be sailing the Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale in the Summer of 2010.

I just wanted to make it clear that Princess did not release itineraries on Emerald for the Med. and then pull them.

I booked through a TA and she was told by Celebrity that my cruise is sold out, which is frankly more annoying then simply saying they don't know. How could all of Europe on the Solstice be sold out over a year in advance? I am more unhappy by the lack of info then anything else. Yeah, I can hopefully get an insurance credit, although I am not certain. I just wish that once a decision was made we could be notified right away. I don't crusie as often as some so perhaps this is a bigger deal to me than it would be to others.

Hi Clemm !

You should call Celebrity, or check their website. As of tonight, it looks like your Cruise may be happening, but on Equinox. While I cannot compare every Solstice and Equinox sailing date, it looks like the Solstice Europe itineraries have been switched to Equinox. I hope everything works out for you. Please let us know if everything worked out for you. Good Luck !

My cruise is also back, but on the Equinox. Now I wonder what changes will happen with the price...

Hi Tammy !

Has the price changed on the website ? Typically, as long as you have a deposit on your booking, and the itinerary has not changed, your price should be the same. I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck !

Hi Tammy !

Has the price changed on the website ? Typically, as long as you have a deposit on your booking, and the itinerary has not changed, your price should be the same. I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck !

Right now, all the May-Oct, 2010 on Equinox are showing as Sold Out; I'm guessing that is so that Solstice people who are already booked can have first chance to get cabins booked?

Right now, all the May-Oct, 2010 on Equinox are showing as Sold Out; I'm guessing that is so that Solstice people who are already booked can have first chance to get cabins booked?

Hi Jwattle !

Yes, Celebrity may keep them closed "for new bookings" for a day or 2, so they can move the Solstice bookings over, and contact those who are booked. It's just an educated guess, but when things like this have happened in the past, that is how it was handled. I hope this helps !

It seems nothing has changed on my cruise except ship.

Does this mean our existing cruise is cancelled?

Will I have to re-book or will they automatically change everyone over?

Will the prices remain the same?

I booked with a big UK TA who aren't particularily helpful so I'm not expecting a phone call from them anytime soon and I'm not spending my time and money ringing them on their premium rate phone line just yet. I'll

wait a few days to see how this pans out.

In the meantime any advice from CC'ers would he much appreciated!

I booked with a big UK TA who aren't particularily helpful so I'm not expecting a phone call from them anytime soon and I'm not spending my time and money ringing them on their premium rate phone line just yet. I'll

To avoid o845/0870 and 0890 try this site, they may just have a geographic number for the company you want.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Hi Tammy !

OK, well I put a hold on my room 2 nights ago. Then spoke to my boss to make sure I could get the time off before making the deposit. ( Due May 5 ) So last night I planned on making the deposit and the cruise was gone.

Will they still honor my price? I've got a confirmation #, a room requst, etc...just haven't put the money down yet?

I just got off the phone with Celebrity. They said that they are transferring everybody that booked the Solstice TA to the Equinox. It will take until Monday to complete it. Each of us will be notified by email.

Our prices and cabins are protected. Eventhough the Equinox went on sale today, you will notice that that the particular cabin you had booked is not available.

Well, I called Celebrity this morning. My cruise was showing exactly the same ( including price :D ) except that it is now sailing on the Equinox. Made my deposit and I'm ready to go!

Hi Tammy !

Thats great to hear. I'm happy that everything worked out well for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

I just got off the phone with Celebrity. They said that they are transferring everybody that booked the Solstice TA to the Equinox. It will take until Monday to complete it. Each of us will be notified by email.

Our prices and cabins are protected. Eventhough the Equinox went on sale today, you will notice that that the particular cabin you had booked is not available.

Hi Dmk !

Thanks for the update. I fully expected that Celebrity would transfer everyone to Equinox, and protect your price and cabin. They do a wonderful job in these situations. I am happy to hear that everything worked out well for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Livylotte !

As others have reported, Celebrity should be moving your booking to Equinox, and everything should remain the same. However, I highly recommend you get in touch with your TA, and confirm everything..... especially as you are in the UK, and I am not 100% certain if the rules are the same as the US.

I am hopeful that everything will work out fine. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hi Dmk !

Thanks for the update. I fully expected that Celebrity would transfer everyone to Equinox, and protect your price and cabin. They do a wonderful job in these situations. I am happy to hear that everything worked out well for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

In your experience what is the most likely outcome for everyone like me who was booked on the Equinox but now find they have no itinerary and, seemingly, behind those previously booked on Solstice in the queue for decent cabins?.

I assume full refunds are an option?

Hi Livylotte !

As others have reported, Celebrity should be moving your booking to Equinox, and everything should remain the same. However, I highly recommend you get in touch with your TA, and confirm everything..... especially as you are in the UK, and I am not 100% certain if the rules are the same as the US.

I am hopeful that everything will work out fine. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Thanks Andy, I've spoken to my TA and they know nothing about it but are going to look into it.

I'll post back when I know what's happening.

I wonder who will get to keep their cabins ... the Equinox people or the Solstice people :confused: I imagine they will try to accomodate everyone with their orginal cabins, but obviously they will run into problems when 2 sets of passengers want the same cabin! Just incase they are operating on a first come first save basis it might be a good idea if we call our TA or Celebrity to let them know you want to keep your cabin.

I knew that the prices on the Equinox were TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE!

I booked my A1 cabin 9292 with the extra large balcony (fitting for a balcony virgin) for the 9/27/10 sailing and one week later the price went up $150.

And everyday I faithfully check and today....the cruises went poof!

I hope I get to keep my 9292 if those Soltice people get moved over. And I hope my price holds!

If

this cruise has been taken over by equinox -- chk back in a few days they are substituting Equinox for Solstice and doing some other shifting - Once they have it settled and all the merging done, they should put it back up.

We were just going to book this cruise and our TA called celebrity and we were told to chk back in a few days and book then once it is all back up.

Archived