Unbelievable last minute pricing

Military and government workers are often rewarded with absurdly low rates.

But it seems like hardly anyone does anything for the real hardest working professionals; teachers.

Your a joke and pretty dumb if your truly a teacher.!!!!!!!

Most of us definitely appreciate your sacrifices...

There was a thread here yesterday (now poofed) discussing military discounts. The overall sentiment was definitely that military families deserve the discount, but three misguided posters disagreed.

I put in a couple of posts, but then gave up with the comments the one poster was making (he wanted to glorify all he had done for his community in lieu of recognizing our service people). I went to bed angry, now the thread is gone...

Anyone know why the thread disappeared? I started it because I was truly interested in the responses. When I woke up the next day it was gone. How was this thread any different than any others?

By the way, I booked a Spa Balcony stateroom on the Splendor 5/10 for $299 each for me and DH and $159 for DS. Works out to be $923 total for 7 days (or $43.95 per person per day). Best thing about it is we live 30 minutes from the port. I can't wait. I am glad they switched the itinerary because I have zero interest in Mexico. Been there done that!!!!

By the way, I booked a Spa Balcony stateroom on the Splendor 5/10 for $299 each for me and DH and $159 for DS. Works out to be $923 total for 7 days (or $43.95 per person per day). Best thing about it is we live 30 minutes from the port. I can't wait. I am glad they switched the itinerary because I have zero interest in Mexico. Been there done that!!!!

I wanted to book that as well. We are 55 and also live in California so I checked both offers, the resident offer was for the Spa balcony, it didn't show up on the senior.

I did ask hubby but he said no. He fell during his walk last week and bruised his ribs pretty badly, he said he just couldn't do it. Oh well :(, the most important thing is for him to feel better!;)

I'm glad that you'll be able to take advantage of this great offer!

I just counted over 120 available rooms on the 5/10 splendor with 10 showing in 6 categories (potentially more rooms there). Yesterday I counted 92 with 10 in 2 categories.

Anyone think it will drop again after the 5/4 cancel deadline?

I just counted over 120 available rooms on the 5/10 splendor with 10 showing in 6 categories (potentially more rooms there). Yesterday I counted 92 with 10 in 2 categories.

..and I'm kicking myself for doing the Conquest for the thrid time last month. We would have loved to see the West Coast and DS lives in SEA. Would could have done air and the curise for less - and we thought we got a smokin deal!

It already has for MILITARY pricing. $265 per person balcony, $240 OV & $ 219 Inside. Your choice of any cabins and included all taxes and fees.

It already has for MILITARY pricing. $265 per person balcony, $240 OV & $ 219 Inside. Your choice of any cabins and included all taxes and fees.

You constantly provide those great military rates, but the problem is, only a small percentage qualify for those rates !

You constantly provide those great military rates, but the problem is, only a small percentage qualify for those rates !

I agree its frustrating. If someone puts military in the subject line, then I know to avoid the thread. But I keep looking, this is like a train wreck, you have to look.

Nealstuber..Hello again I sailed with you on the Conquest last month. The cruise was great. The CC meeting in the Vincent w/CD was interesting. Only if we can predict the future...I booked the Elation yesterday and got a good deal for a 4 dayer at $156.10 @ person... OV..no airfare..I just drive 20-30 minutes to the port or less depending on traffic...I would have taken the Splendor but my DD just moved back home from Seattle..

Sorry if you don't qualify that is why I put military in the thread. I think the % is greater than you think especially now since it includes only 2 years of service, reserves, guard etc as well as interline (airline, amtrak etc. folks) If I see great rates for past guest etc. I will post them as well but for now these last minute steals seem to be geared towards military and interline. If this mexico ban continues I feel the inventory available from cancellations will be large and perhaps great deals will be out there for anyone.

Nealstuber..Hello again I sailed with you on the Conquest last month. The cruise was great. The CC meeting in the Vincent w/CD was interesting. Only if we can predict the future...I booked the Elation yesterday and got a good deal for a 4 dayer at $156.10 @ person... OV..no airfare..I just drive 20-30 minutes to the port or less depending on traffic...I would have taken the Splendor but my DD just moved back home from Seattle..

We live in San Diego and are loking also for something cheap from here. I'm also looking at the weekend Paradise as it is close enough to drive. Can't do 7 days..

We live in San Diego and are loking also for something cheap from here. I'm also looking at the weekend Paradise as it is close enough to drive. Can't do 7 days..

If you booked Elation last Thursday, leaving that day the rate was $99 plus tax.

Your a joke and pretty dumb if your truly a teacher.!!!!!!!

It's "you're", not "your". (And I'm not sure what kind of punctuation ".!!!!!!!" is.)

Perhaps if you paid a little more attention to your teachers, you might have learned proper grammar.

Anyhow, I do not see anything inappropriate with my original statement, which you mock.

If you booked Elation last Thursday, leaving that day the rate was $99 plus tax.

I have a request with my PVP right now to be looking for those rates. I couldn't go that quickly but I have a contingency plan in place should they hit that low again between now and the end of the month. I have a high school baseball player who's coach kill me if my ds missed a game. I think I'm looking at the Paradise because he won't miss any games with a Fri-Mon cruise and his season ends the 19th. I'm hoping this continues thru the end of May. Not wishing anyone sick or messed up cruise plans, but it would bode well or good cruise deals..:rolleyes:

Thanks to cruise booking cancellations caused by the Swine Flu Hysteria, my brother, neice-in-law, and myself just booked cabins on Carnival's Splendor, departure from Long Beach on May 3, at an unheard of good deal! I am paying only $653 for a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck, single occupancy in a double cabin. That is my total price, with past-cruiser discounts, age 55+ discount, and Arizona resident discount. Also, we are THRILLED with the itineray change which takes us to San Francisco, Seattle, and Victoria BC....instead of Mexico! While a Mexican cruise can be nice, I have done that many times before...and personally jumped at the chance to re-visit three of my favorite U.S. cities on a cruise!!!!

We hope to meet other last-minute bargain hunters on this cruise who share our passion for cruising. We are also a family of "karaoke-ers"....so we will see ya'll in the Karoke lounge onboard ship! My brother will no doubt be trying out for "Elvis" in the onboard "Karoake Idol" contest (if they are still doing that).

There are some great deals out there! Fortunately, I think that I already had the Swine Flu 3-4 weeks ago (before the hysteria broke out), so am hopefully immune and definitely fully recovered. Lucky me!

Bev in Arizona

I went to the Carnival website, but I never saw a way to check on military rates or eligibility.

Are the military rates for active military only?

No, 2 years honorable service is all you need. Carnival does not have military pricing on their website you can call and get prices which is a pain especially if you want to check several cabin categories and ships. I suggest you google military cruise prices and you will find a few websites you can use online to check prices. Sorry I can't tell you what they are I will get my hand slapped if I do by CC.

It's "you're", not "your". (And I'm not sure what kind of punctuation ".!!!!!!!" is.)

Perhaps if you paid a little more attention to your teachers, you might have learned proper grammar.

Anyhow, I do not see anything inappropriate with my original statement, which you mock.

My tounge is killing me! :p

So many jokes!

Of course- I average 1.8 typos and at least one punctuation error per post - so I guess my opion is not valid.

Oh, I'm getting a stomach ache! And I don't think its swine flu!

Archived