Unbelievable last minute pricing

Military and government workers are often rewarded with absurdly low rates.

But it seems like hardly anyone does anything for the real hardest working professionals; teachers.

Excuse me, not to put to fine a point on it, but which private corporation do you or your teacher friends work for? Seriously, military discounts are widespread, and everyone with any sense understands and supports them...

I am not aware of many "govt worker" discounts, teacher or otherwise, although often times Labor Unions, which represent most government worker-bees, whether DMV Clerks or Teachers, get discount deals they pass on to their members

I am watching Tampa and Mobile. I was hoping to snag a deal, but haven't seen any yet. I understand none out of J'ville and Pt Canv. but just give me one good deal out of Tampa or Moblie! Please!! Okay I am done whining...

Congrats on all your good deals! I'm going to see how far it is from Atl to Galveston....

That would be correct! Have a nice cruise firefly you did not do so bad yourself as far as price goes.

lol thats what I said, I didnt do as well as military but not bad at all. I decided a bird in hand and all that .... conquest only had one cabin at that price, but it was a port hole, so that was enough to sway me. It is on Main deck, even better than Riveria.

Been calling all day for a cancellation on a Balcony or Suite, every hour on the hour, and so far nothing available except OV or insides. Arrrrgggg!!!! Need a Balcony....come on someone....CANCEL. lol

We picked our ocean view.......not alot left to choose from but we got to pick.

wow you got that price on a OV?? even better. I got a senior rate. I like that you dont have to be like 60 or 65 (airlines) to get a discount.

You done REALLY good if thats all you paid for a OV.

Been calling all day for a cancellation on a Balcony or Suite, every hour on the hour, and so far nothing available except OV or insides. Arrrrgggg!!!! Need a Balcony....come on someone....CANCEL. lol

What ship are you watching?

DUH !!! The Splendor leaving out of L.A. on 5/3

DUH :D ok, Im a duh!!! I didnt know they managed to book all the balconys at that $299 rate, but I guess they did. Unfortunately, cant even see MY cruise or what's open that leaves tomorrow.

What cruise are you looking for? There were still balconies on Splendor 5/10 available when I looked an hour ago.

What cruise are you looking for? There were still balconies on Splendor 5/10 available when I looked an hour ago.

Im thinking she wants to go tomorrow, not the following sunday. (but I could be a duh!!! on that too and have misunderstood. lol

Im thinking she wants to go tomorrow, not the following sunday. (but I could be a duh!!! on that too and have misunderstood. lol

Firefly....the Duh was for ME not you. Couldn't believe I hadn't mentioned date or ship. lol I keep calling Carnival every hour, just got off the phone with them again, and still no cancellations on a balcony or suite. Can't do without fresh air in the cabin for 7 days.

Firefly....the Duh was for ME not you. Couldn't believe I hadn't mentioned date or ship. lol I keep calling Carnival every hour, just got off the phone with them again, and still no cancellations on a balcony or suite. Can't do without fresh air in the cabin for 7 days.

Your signature says you are going on the NCL Pearl 5/09. Are you trying to go on the Splendor in addition to or instead of the Pearl? Just curious (or nosey).:p

very observant of you firefly! Yes, we do have a cabin on the Pearl also leaving Sunday 5/3, but it is a 5 day repo with a stop in S.F. and Astoria. We'd rather go round trip LA, have 7 days and go to Victoria. Yes, I am crazy!! Aft suite, air fare, etc. all paid for and yes, we would forfiet about $1100 when all is said and done. But for $700 for the 2 of us....I'll throw caution (and my $$) to the wind. Anyone want to Cancel their suite or balcony on the Splendor leaving Sunday? lol

We live in San Diego and are loking also for something cheap from here. I'm also looking at the weekend Paradise as it is close enough to drive. Can't do 7 days..

Liteweight...I booked the Elation May 10th 2 days ago for a 4 dayer OV cat 6b..

I took a $25 @person Welcome Back Credit for cruising the last 60 days...A Carninval E-mail the last minute for $50 @person OBC .for extra sea day..so the costs was reduced to $156.10 each...They had a extra $50 resident rate but I missed that one by 1/2 hr..Bummer

If you go to vacation to go dot com a resident rate is back of $169 @person for OV for Elation May 7th-3 day (week-end)and May 10th-4day..(week-day) same price...

Oh wow, that May 10 Splendor sailing is now showing a Michigan resident rate of 199.00 for an inside....Oh how I wish the kids weren't in school.

That is why they are in school to learn while you are on the Spendor learning how great MI rates are...

:) I just booked a 7 day SPLENDOR from San Perdo stopping in Vancover and Victoria and we paid 180 pp military for a room with a window. This is a last minute deal that we just could not pass up.

Im always calling myself a duuh!!! Im very forgetfull. Yep, Im thinking if anyone was going to cancel, they would have cancelled already for tomorrow. Wonder how full my ship will be?

Archived