Unbelievable last minute pricing

HI, Can you get me a price on the Splendor for May 17.Military rate, past guest, and i live in Cal.We are booked on the Paradise for May 18 but may cancel.To much money for one port. Thanks Mrbill62 TRACY CA

Here you go: $435 per person for a 4B inside

$468 per person 6A outside

$558 per person for an 8C Balcony

These are a many more prices out there depending on what deck you want. Who knows what will happen down the road with the swine flu but my GUESS is if you wait a few days more and carnival decides to alter this itinerary to SF or seattle you will save HUNDREDS of $$. I think it is very likely this will happen. Just my opinion

OK I found the Conquest leaving this Sunday 5/3, 7 day, 1A for 1 person $479.41 and $669.00 for 2 people. These price include ALL taxes, fees, port fees etc. Now there are no actual 1A cabins showing and the lowest I see is a 4B so I would suspect you would get that or better but I can't be sure. As far as the Ecstasy and Fantasy like I said in an earlir post since both those ships have changed to 7 day cruises 5/2 and 5/9 for both there are NO websites to get pricing. You must call carnival or a TA to get pricing for these. I know they are real cheap for MILITARY eligible but other than that I don't know.

I took the deal on Conquest. Not that i need to go.

Military and government workers are often rewarded with absurdly low rates.

But it seems like hardly anyone does anything for the real hardest working professionals; teachers.

I doubt the military would object if you volunteer to head on over to Iraq and Afghanistan and substitute as a stand in for the bullets. Thanks to them you have the freedom to post such a moronic statement.

But it seems like hardly anyone does anything for the real hardest working professionals; teachers.

Teachers are grossly underpaid & under appreciated and true they sometimes chose to work in crime ridden urban areas, but there is no comparison with the soldier that sleeps in a foxhole and takes his/her life in their hands 24/7. In my opinion our military doesn't get enough of a break!

Mel

I know I may be too late....but where is everyone getting these super good deals?

I just went to carnival.com and put in my stats, to check the price someone above gave me for conquest. Its the price anyone can get, not a call in special price. Its just cheaper than usual.

I know I may be too late....but where is everyone getting these super good deals?

I would guess that you will have to Carnival direct as the deals are not shown on the web site. That is the best advice they can give you as they can not name a TA.

Iv talked to someone who says she cant get me the prices you are quoting on Fantasy. military is low thats true :( sad, or Id be booked by now. Iv been hoping for a deal all day and PVP cant find me one.

I can get to either new orleans OR galveston, dont even care, but with my PVP on vacation, I feel like my hands are tied to find a deal and cant even see ecstasy and fantasy online rates because they have been pulled. Im so frustrated.

I paid $349 pp plus tax, or a bit more than that - it was $20 pp cheaper when I originally called around 10 AM, but by the time I called back it had gone up. It saddens me to know I could have gotten a better deal, but them's the breaks with these last minute deals!

I paid $349 pp plus tax, or a bit more than that - it was $20 pp cheaper when I originally called around 10 AM, but by the time I called back it had gone up. It saddens me to know I could have gotten a better deal, but them's the breaks with these last minute deals!

I just booked Ecstasy this Saturday 7day 6b for $349.00 10 min ago but my pvp did it from his house office is closed.

I doubt the military would object if you volunteer to head on over to Iraq and Afghanistan and substitute as a stand in for the bullets. Thanks to them you have the freedom to post such a moronic statement.

SORRY but just had to chime in -

DH has been to Iraq 3 times and is now medically retiring because of it.

Until you have walked in those shoes......

I CHOOSE to homeschool my 3 children and will gladly do that ANYDAY over driving a military truck with 30 wheels through Iraq

PS- sorry milehigh, this rant of course was not for you.

Forgot to add my thanks for backing our great military!

Thanks for that thought. It would be nice.:)

I would guess that you will have to Carnival direct as the deals are not shown on the web site. That is the best advice they can give you as they can not name a TA.

I finally called Carnival direct, I thought I was missing something on their website! Thanks and YES the prices are amazing! Being in San Diego and semi retired we are very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I sincerely hope that you had tongue in cheek with that statement. No disrespect to teachers out there. I know it's difficult sometimes (I've done it). But to compare being a teacher to laying your life down in service to your country. Being willing to die to guarantee freedom, including the freedom to teach ......WOW!!! And, and to think, you shape young minds.

Teachers are grossly underpaid & under appreciated and true they sometimes chose to work in crime ridden urban areas, but there is no comparison with the soldier that sleeps in a foxhole and takes his/her life in their hands 24/7. In my opinion our military doesn't get enough of a break!

Mel

I'm a teacher too and when I read this I knew the OP would get slammed, I'm just surprised it took so long. I wouldn't trade jobs for the world with somebody in the military and I think they deserve every break they get!

I didnt call about the Conquest, I just used the above quote, and checked it online. Gave up on Ecstasy when for the same money I can have a better cabin I decided. So, I dont know if rates have gone up or down on the May 3rd Conquest today, didnt look until tonight. I got a port hole, good enough for me. I hope you snagged a decent cabin too. Im not sure what you booked at that rate to compare?? did you pick a cabin?

isnt our price guaranteed for 48 hours or something. rolf!!! wouldnt it be funny if prices went down tomorrow, NOT. lol. I think I booked about 8 pm. Was only watching and looking for Ecstasy, so didnt watch Conquest, until late tonight.

If you make a new booking on a cruise with a changed port, are you still eligible for the OBCs that Carnival is offering to guests?

Beats me, but maybe?? Would they have it in their system when you booked?? someone posted on Conquest they got a email they would be getting $20 pp onboard credit for only having two ports, instead of three. They are skipping cozumel.

good question. I know some folks are getting $75, so that would be a lot of OBC.

I didnt call about the Conquest, I just used the above quote, and checked it online. Gave up on Ecstasy when for the same money I can have a better cabin I decided. So, I dont know if rates have gone up or down on the May 3rd Conquest today, didnt look until tonight. I got a port hole, good enough for me. I hope you snagged a decent cabin too. Im not sure what you booked at that rate to compare?? did you pick a cabin?

isnt our price guaranteed for 48 hours or something. rolf!!! wouldnt it be funny if prices went down tomorrow, NOT. lol. I think I booked about 8 pm. Was only watching and looking for Ecstasy, so didnt watch Conquest, until late tonight.

Good for you firefly!! Enjoy the cruise

Good for you firefly!! Enjoy the cruise

I emailed the rate you got to the PVP and she said there was one port hole left, and thats what I got for that rate. Better than bunk beds on the Ecstasy for the same rate!!! I was concentrating on Ecstasy and not watching Conquest until you mentioned it. about the exact same price.

PS I got what you did, no cabins showing up to pick from but the PVP could see there was one vacant now.

Seriously? You are going to post something like that on a board that military members and veterans frequent? It is because of us that people with opinions like yours can actually voice them. Why don't you join and go fight in Iraq and Afghanistan then?

And you know what? If it wasn't for our wonderful military then we would not be the country we are now. Try going overseas and living in another country, see how they are treated...

I am a teacher too, but I will take teaching any day to what my brother went through in the army over in Iraq for 12 months. Those guys and girls deserve way better than they get!

Amy

Exactly. Thank you. I have no idea what that person was complaining about. It isn't like he/she is over there dodging bullets/IEDs. :mad: I am so glad there are so many thankful people in our country. Makes being in the military a little bit better.

Thanks to everyone that is supportive.

Archived