Upgrades close to sailing

There is no free upgrades usually av. upon request. You can check at pursers desk on boarding to see whats avable for a fee upgrade but Iv never found one usually whats left is nothing anyone wants as upgrades have been given to diamond members. and normall only thing left is lowest grade cabins CARL

You don't call them. They call you. I just booked Mariner yesterday (4/30) for a May

10th cruise. Booked two JS's. As we are Diamond +, I called DP desk and told them what ammenity we wanted in each. First I ask about an upgrade and they said there we're any. This afternoon the DP desk called and upgraded both our cabins to GS's. Guess moral of story is they will call when THEY want to. This is our first upgrades but only have 30 RCL cruises.

no such thing as a free upgrade unless the higher category is what you paid.

Call the regular number at RCL, but have your credit card handy.

Sorry that is not right. We were up graded to an Owner's Suite last cruise for no extra money. :eek:From a Jr. to an Owners is a nice little jump.

Sorry We were up graded to an Owner's Suite last cruise for no extra money. :eek:From a Jr. to an Owners is a nice little jump.

I was too my last cruise, that was a FANTASTIC surprise! I found out when we got on board. I guess it was because someone wanted adjoining JS's and we were the LUCKY winner and ended up in an OS! I could get USED to owner's suite treatment!

I was too my last cruise, that was a FANTASTIC surprise! I found out when we got on board. I guess it was because someone wanted adjoining JS's and we were the LUCKY winner and ended up in an OS! I could get USED to owner's suite treatment!

I suspect that in the light of the Swine Flu scare a lot of people will be getting upgrades. I also suspect that these will be mainly for diamond and D + and us lowly Borderline Platinum's will not get a chance at it. In a D2 which is just below a JS so the odds go down a bit more. Still we can only hope on it. somehow I doubt anyone will want our 7660 D2 so those odds also drop. Still any cruise beats being at home or at work

Dizzy RCCL called & offered us a Grand Suite, we turned that down. We called them & said we would take the Royal Suite, they turned us down. We settled on an Owners. Don't get me wrong it was nice. But we still love the corner aft JR Suites. You can't beat that balcony.

Archived