GS Room 1600

Has anyone ever stayed in this room on a radiance class ship? I have just never seen it offered for booking. It is the one Grand Suite located aft.

Thanks!

HD

Not stayed in it, but there´s a lot of pictures on my website.

The layout of the cabin is different from the regular GS cabins. It has a hallway at the entrance, that is in my eyes wasted space.

I also think that it is less spacious than the "regular" GS. Because of the different layout there´s no bar in it. Of course being an aft cabin it has a huge balcony like all aft cabins. But to me that´s the only advantage.

I know it´s "THE" cabin for many, though not for me;)

I was able to book that elusive cabin 2 weeks ago when the new bookings opened for Radiance out of Tampa! I called the day the bookings opened within the first 2 hours or so. I guess thats the time to try and get it when the bookings are brand new.

I'm sort of excited and scared - we've never stayed in an aft cabin but we always get GS.

Four weeks from today and I´ll be in 1554 on Serenade:D

My DW and I have that cabin booked on Serenade for 1/2/2010! LOL Take good care of it.:D

GS are about the perfect set-up for two people. Not too small not to big.

Enjoy.

My DW and I have that cabin booked on Serenade for 1/2/2010! LOL Take good care of it.:D

GS are about the perfect set-up for two people. Not too small not to big.

Enjoy.

Will do, I know what to expects as I´ve been in 1552 ans 1554 on Jewel.

Im in SFO at the moment and about to join the Serenade in around 4 hours and in 1600 :D we have been trying to get this suite for about 4 years now we have it and also again Jan 2010 B2B.

As we are aft cabin junkies this is the best available, after 1600 we go for in order 1100,1602 9256.8168 then its 1102 etc have a look at

http://freenet-homepage.de/panamarowdy/Aft-Cabins/Aft-Cabins_RAD-Class/aft-cabins_rad-class_18.html

for balcony views.

Im in SFO at the moment and about to join the Serenade in around 4 hours and in 1600 :D we have been trying to get this suite for about 4 years now we have it and also again Jan 2010 B2B.

As we are aft cabin junkies this is the best available, after 1600 we go for in order 1100,1602 9256.8168 then its 1102 etc have a look at

http://freenet-homepage.de/panamarowdy/Aft-Cabins/Aft-Cabins_RAD-Class/aft-cabins_rad-class_18.html

for balcony views.

Great! Have a fun on your cruise and let us know how you like GS1600.:)

for balcony views.

Scotsman, I hope you take good care of it for me and my roomies (hi roofingprincess).

Meg, I only have THREE weeks - I'm flying out a week early to go sightseeing in the Pacific Northwest! (and no, I haven't started packing yet, but I've started thinking about it! :) )

cindy...you better step away from CC and at least make a list.....!:p

The pacific NW is lovely! i'm sure you'll have a blast! say "hi" to mt ranier for me...if he's out of the fog!!:D

Not stayed in it, but there´s a lot of pictures on my website.

The layout of the cabin is different from the regular GS cabins. It has a hallway at the entrance, that is in my eyes wasted space.

I also think that it is less spacious than the "regular" GS. Because of the different layout there´s no bar in it. Of course being an aft cabin it has a huge balcony like all aft cabins. But to me that´s the only advantage.

I know it´s "THE" cabin for many, though not for me;)

Gunnar, it doesn't lose any CLOSET space, does it??? :eek:

We peeked at 1600 on the Serenade at the end of our last cruise. The layout was different from the other GS staterooms. We thought the layout looked cool, but the balcony was not as big as some of the other aft balconies. Our friends also noticed that there was no shade on this balcony. They said they actually prefer the regular aft balcony rooms when compared to 1600.

As for the bar, I don't remember if there was a bar or not...

There is no bar - the glasses are above the TV cabinet, at least they are in 1600 on Brilliance (pictures in the link in my signature). I wasn't crazy about 1600 - for the money I would book 1100 or 1602, JS cabins, with larger balconies. But if I had to....:p

The advantages of 1600 are: 1. It´s a Grand Suite and with it come the suite amenities. 2. It´s an aft cabin and thus has the best view and the nicest balconies. 3. Nice bathroom. 4. Nice layout

The disadvantages of 1600: 1. The cabin is a bit dark because it only has that one sliding door, no window. 2. The balcony is still bigger than side balconies but due to its angle not as big as the other aft balconies. Two lounge chairs make it a bit difficult to navigate around.

I would still get the cabin if the price was right. In case you are diamond and can get into the lounge anyways and thus don´t depend on concierge service that comes with the GS, I do reccommend the cabin next to it, if at all available. 1602 is the little secret! To me best sized cabin in fleet and biggest JS available!

Whatevere you book, enjoy your cruise.

The advantages of 1600 are: 1. It´s a Grand Suite and with it come the suite amenities. 2. It´s an aft cabin and thus has the best view and the nicest balconies. 3. Nice bathroom. 4. Nice layout

The disadvantages of 1600: 1. The cabin is a bit dark because it only has that one sliding door, no window. 2. The balcony is still bigger than side balconies but due to its angle not as big as the other aft balconies. Two lounge chairs make it a bit difficult to navigate around.

I would still get the cabin if the price was right. In case you are diamond and can get into the lounge anyways and thus don´t depend on concierge service that comes with the GS, I do reccommend the cabin next to it, if at all available. 1602 is the little secret! To me best sized cabin in fleet and biggest JS available!

Whatevere you book, enjoy your cruise.

Good advice. I bet JS 1602 is as hard or harder to book than GS 1600.:D

Good advice. I bet JS 1602 is as hard or harder to book than GS 1600.:D

Not necessarily, because most people try to get hold of JS 1100. That cabin is nice too but not as big as 1602 ( doesn´t show on floor plan ) and has an angled balcony, which some people like. Fact is that 1602 has the bigger and deeper balcony and is the biggest JS you can get. The perfect cabin!

On some itineraries, this room is designated Two Bedroom Suite with Balcony (TS) and has its own pricing category between OS and GS. I wonder if they are going to change it on all the ships.

On some itineraries, this room is designated Two Bedroom Suite with Balcony (TS) and has its own pricing category between OS and GS. I wonder if they are going to change it on all the ships.

It is the JS that is booked as a two bedroom suite?

Archived