What a want for Mother's day? a 3 day cruise by myself!!

Florida_cruisers

Ah, that WOULD be a great gift, I agree! :) I'd settle even for a cruise to no where, ha! Although it wasn't a cruise, I have done a weekend away by myself at the beach. I've gone when it's considered "off season" and it's really cheap! And let me tell ya, it was nice!!!!! Even when I couldn't get away for a weekend, I've gone to a local hotel for just a night. That is even refreshing. I get there as early as possible, take a pile of food with me, a book, my laptop and will often get a room with a whirl-pool. *sigh* I haven't done that in forever. Sorry, I got off subject....:o But just thought I'd throw the idea out there for all you moms. :D

OK, I can't resist bragging a little. I AM going on a cruise for Mothers' Day! It is a family cruise with hubby and my 3-year-old, and we're bringing my mother as part of HER Mothers' Day gift. It's going to be the best Mothers' Day yet! :D

I'm already spoiled - hubby is very good about cooking and cleaning and helping out with our little one. (They're great pals.) Now I get to add a 7-night Caribbean dream to it. I am very blessed, indeed. :)

Sorry - didn't mean to rub it in. I'm just super excited because we're leaving this SATURDAY!! YAY! I'll be sure to give everyone a recap of our daughter's first cruise when we get back.

I'm not sure I would enjoy a solo cruise, b/c after a few hours I would be wishing DH and kids were around.

But--I did take a cruise with my DD and mother, as well as my best friend, her DD, and her mom. That was a great girls weekend, and the kids spent A LOT of time together in the kids club.

I'm also taking DS on a 3-day cruise later this year---just he and I. That should be some fun bonding time.

CeleBrat

I'm doing it!

DH is the most frustrating non-booker ever. I've been asking for many months now to OK booking a family cruise. I do all the research for best itineraries/prices and lay it all out for him. Somehow, all I get is Hmmmm. Drives me nuts. More than nuts, actually. (Note: we have the money saved and agree on the general parameters.)

So I booked a 3-day repo on Holland America on Veendam up the Pacific Coast, May 14-17. Couldn't find a friend to go. Oh well. It's still costing less than $500, airfare and all.

To me a vacation without my family wouldn't be any fun. Like Lady Jag, I've got a great kid and a great husband. We enjoy doing things together. Being forced to go off alone? Doesn't sound like a nice thing to me!

DH and I have done this twice. We live in Ft Lauderdale so its just a quick ride down to Miami and away we go. DD stays with her grandparents and we have 3 nights of relaxation and fun.

Personally, it's just the right amount of time to be away from DD and she is having a blast getting spoiled by the grandparents.

It is pure bliss especially when you are sitting at the pool relaxing with a cocktail and see the parents with thier kids knowing that could be you but it isn't :D

To me mother's day without my children is an oxymoron. Spending the day without my children would only happen if I went to jail or something... :(

And going on a cruise alone would make me feel miserable. What a poisoned sad gift that would be. I would ask for the divorce if my husband had such an idea!

I don't think wanting time to oneself means that one doesn't have a great spouse or kids. Some, like myself, crave "alone" time as well as enjoy and love our kids and spouses.

I love cruising with my husband, love family cruises with our son, and think a 3 day cruise solo sounds AWESOME!!!

Well, I don't but surely never on mother's day - that's a day to be spent with your kids, not away from them... :eek:

I like a little of both on Mother's Day. DH takes DD out for a good amount of time so I can have some rare alone time to catch up on reading or all the programs I've TIVO'd for the past 6 month.

Remember, to each there own and there is no right or wrong. A 3 day cruise alone can be great for some and awful for others.

I'm going *for* Mother's Day, but not *on* it. My idea, not DH's. And yeah, going by myself is not ideal, but it's better than nothing. If I waited for ideal I'd never go anywhere.

We have two family camping trips planned in the next couple of months, and while they are fun, they are also WORK for Mom. I'm really looking forward to a couple of days of just waking up when I wake up (not getting 3 kids dressed, fed, and dropped off), eating (what I want, when I want, without having to go to the grocery store, cook for 5 people, and clean afterward) and reading (something other than "Where the Wild Things Are").

This trip came about because during DH's last trip (1) the cat got sick all over the house, (2) the refridgerator broke (had to toss everything), and (3) DD got headlice. I said, "@%$ it. I'm taking a break." DH didn't quibble.

This trip came about because during DH's last trip (1) the cat got sick all over the house, (2) the refridgerator broke (had to toss everything), and (3) DD got headlice. I said, "@%$ it. I'm taking a break." DH didn't quibble.

This statement cracked me up! :D Go Mom!

Archived