WOW Sale- Be careful

Just booked for Brilliance of the Seas for September 2010, got my e-mail confirmation and noticed that there is an additional $900.00 deposit due by 5/13/09 - that is on top of the $450.00 I just gave them today. Has anybody else booked and noticed an additional deposit so soon?

Thanks

Are you sure? I've seen that before on the RCCL tab...but it's not actually correct. I think you may have misread it. Well I HOPE you misread it.

After the reduced deposit, all you should have is final payment due by some time in June/July.

As it was explained to me when I booked during the previous WOW sale, you will always see a "payment due" notice on the web site due to the reduced deposit. Their system gets messed up with the reduced deposit. You can ignore the payment due notice and just pay by final payment due date. :)

I find that we half to make an additional deposit of $500.00 the 20th of this month for our Canada/New england cruise in Sept. Final payment is to be in July. I guess I'll go with the flow. It all has to be paid anyway.

They must be hurting for money.

Elyse

I hope that is the case, but I just checked the e-mail confirmation again and it definitely says "Payment Deposit of $900.00 is due by 12, May 2009, 5:00 EST. Final Payment is due 04, Jul 2010, 5:00 EST." I am going to call RCCL to double check but I was on hold for 35 minutes before I spoke to a Representative and I'm at work, don't have time to be on the phone that long now. Never mind being on the computer....lol......

Just booked for Brilliance of the Seas for September 2010, got my e-mail confirmation and noticed that there is an additional $900.00 deposit due by 5/13/09 - that is on top of the $450.00 I just gave them today. Has anybody else booked and noticed an additional deposit so soon?

Thanks

Our confirmation also indicated more of a down payment due, and we did get through to C & A, he said it was a glitch in the system and we only had to make a final payment, no more deposit was due.

As it was explained to me when I booked during the previous WOW sale, you will always see a "payment due" notice on the web site due to the reduced deposit. Their system gets messed up with the reduced deposit. You can ignore the payment due notice and just pay by final payment due date. :)

This is true.

No worries - you do not owe the rest of the deposit amount until final payment. It should have been explained to you when you made the reservation that it will appear of the invoice due to their computer program, but it is not actually due. If you look at the WOW sale advertisement, it states that cruises booked online will not reflect the reduced deposit on the invoice because of the same issue.

Are you traveling as a group?

We put the 50% deposit down, but then booked enough cabins to be considered a group. GROUPS have to put down the full deposit, so we had to make an additional deposit before final payment.

I just got off the phone and made a reservation for 9/10/11 on the Oasis. The rep told me to ignore anything about another deposit being due. it's an issue with the system - they can't program it to not do that just for a 2 day sale. she said just get the final payment in by the due date.

I hope that is the case, but I just checked the e-mail confirmation again and it definitely says "Payment Deposit of $900.00 is due by 12, May 2009, 5:00 EST. Final Payment is due 04, Jul 2010, 5:00 EST." I am going to call RCCL to double check but I was on hold for 35 minutes before I spoke to a Representative and I'm at work, don't have time to be on the phone that long now. Never mind being on the computer....lol......

Your email is correct, it just depends how you read it, what is is saying is that the deposit of $900 is due by May 12th. This is the full deposit for the trip, you have already paid $450.00 towards that deposit, so your remaining deposit is $450, however this part of the deposit requirement is waived, due to you booking during the WOW sale. If you read the flyer for the WOW sale, it does say that the deposit will show as the full amount, but they will only collect the 50%

Thanks for the responses....it just frecked me out when I saw that and after being on hold for so long when I called I couldn't do that again...I was planning on double checking once the phones die down a little. The rep didn't mention anything about the reservation showing the full deposit amount though. :)

Booked a future cruise today also. Be careful that Cruise Care wasn't added to your bill. We received our invoice and the amounts were not correct, Diamond discount was not applied. Called and corrected and found out that they had added Cruise Care (travel insurance) without asking me! Had that removed as well. Just look at your invoice very very carefully!

Our confirmation also indicated more of a down payment due, and we did get through to C & A, he said it was a glitch in the system and we only had to make a final payment, no more deposit was due.

Mine was the same. I also phoned for confirmation. Was told by Rep and they system was at fault and I would continue to get that on my stuff until I paid in full when it was due.

It's been my experience that you always have to call C&A to get the diamond discount applied. I've never booked during a WOW sale, but I would be surprised if you got both the diamond discount and the onboard credit. Nowadays, it seems you just get one of these.

torpeedo - I thought you could get NOTHING in addition to the OBC and reduced deposit, yet you called C&A after the WOW booking and got your diamond discount applied?? If that is correct, I may call tomorrow. I saw posted from RCI (I thought), rules about WOW that definitely named C&A discounts as not combinable with WOW OBC. Anyone been able to do this on previous WOW sales?

Archived