Received Carnival Conquest docs today. Cardboard. No Faux Leather

DFD1

LOL... Recieved Carnival Conquest documents today for Jan 30 cruise out of New Orleans....They came in torn cardboard folder in a business sized envelope that looked like it has been dragged thru the Sahara. I hope this is not an indication to things to come.....Keep your fingers crossed... LOL

LOL... Recieved Carnival Conquest documents today for Jan 30 cruise out of New Orleans....They came in torn cardboard folder in a business sized envelope that looked like it has been dragged thru the Sahara. I hope this is not an indication to things to come.....Keep your fingers crossed... LOL
That's disgraceful. You should not have to deal with such a thing. I'll take them off your hands for you.:D

Celebrity now sends out EDocs which we're all going to have to get used to on all lines very soon. Good bye faux leather and good bye cardboard. Huge cost savings for the cruiselines and TA's alike.

Frankly I could care less. Whatever I get I stick them in my little HAL faux leather pouch and off I go:) .

I`m with you. I use one of my HAL folders whenever I travel, whether its just plane tiks, or resort docs, or whatever. I`ve given them to our kids, friends and associates as I have collected so many over the years. If all of the cruise lines are going to E Docs, guess I`d better hang onto a couple of them!!....jean :cool:

El-cheap-o indeed! Back on June 15th I posted on a 'picking up docs at pier' thread that it would be a matter of time before we didn't have docs ... that they'd become e-docs like the airlines are doing now. It is inevitable as it is a major cost savings. Since everything is in the computer system now, all it takes is your name or booking number, credit/debit card, and valid I.D. and bingo ... you're in. The paperwork really isn't necessary. The only 'gotcha' will be for those who don't have computer access to complete their forms online. They'll have to visit a library or such to be ready for the cruise.

El-cheap-o indeed! Back on June 15th I posted on a 'picking up docs at pier' thread that it would be a matter of time before we didn't have docs ... that they'd become e-docs like the airlines are doing now. It is inevitable as it is a major cost savings. Since everything is in the computer system now, all it takes is your name or booking number, credit/debit card, and valid I.D. and bingo ... you're in. The paperwork really isn't necessary. The only 'gotcha' will be for those who don't have computer access to complete their forms online. They'll have to visit a library or such to be ready for the cruise.

Actually, they will still mail out documents, but you have to pay extra for them. I had that choice when I was on Celebrity last year. And there were no baggage tags. You get them at the pier which is ridiculous. I called Celebrity and demanded and got them sent to me.

My TA no longer sends me the faux leather due to the cost of mailing it. So he sent my docs in a clear plastic envelope ... actually it's quite nice just as KK says. Didn't bother me because I have one of the "leather" wallets. When I asked him about it he offered to mail dozens if I wanted them. He says he saves a ton of money by not sending them out.

How will we be able to do an 'E-Ticket' happy dance?

Believe me, you can:D . You print them out, put them in your nice "wallet" and do the dance. I promise ... it works;) .

It was the baggage tags that bothered me. Not filling out baggage tags is not a good thing. Some people do still get the little booklet Celebrity gives. So maybe you'll get lucky. But my TA gets the Edocs. I will say they come a bit sooner ... so that's the good news!!!:)

How will we be able to do an 'E-Ticket' happy dance?
With an e-document, you will do an e-dance. This is great (and much safer) as it puts no strain on your back, hips or knees. Maybe HAL will include an animated GIF to do the dance when you open your e-document. :D

Archived