Sadly my crusin' days are over.

Just got off the Rhapsody last Sunday. Sad to say probably for the last time. I stayed sick almost the entire time. I usually will get sick on the first night and then be ok. This lasted the whole time. I took Bonine and phenergan for about 3 days before the cruise. Put the patch on the morning of. Got sick as a dog anyway. Didn't feel like anything because I was always on the verge of getting sick. Love crusing but I guess I'll just have to fly anywhere from now on. Also was on the aft corner cabin, although it was beautiful to watch the water and the islands float away it was rocky, more so than deck 2 mid ship. Oh well, I'll miss it.

VISION OF THE SEAS 9/2000

STATENDAM 5/2002

HOLIDAY 1/2003

RHAPSODY 4/2003

RHAPSODY 4/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;4;18;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I am so sorry to here that.I have never had a problem,although never experienced really ruff seas either.My sister has such issues with vertigo,nausea sea sickness etc.She cant ride any amuesment park rides..

I wonder how much so you think having the aft cabin had to do with it?/

I am truely sorry you did not get to enjoy yourself more!

<RCI-Rhapsody- 2003

RCI-Rhapsody- 2004

until the return to the Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

netdiver.gif

Perhaps you could try the inside passage of Alaska...very smooth waters ( unless they go to Sitka!).

I get a bit squeemish (not real sick) but had no trouble at all in Alaska....

and...it's the prettiest place on Earth!

Steve-O

I don't get seasick. My DW does though.That is why I have never got an Aft Suite ever again(too much motion). DW always seems fine in the center of the ship.

Alaska inside is also a great choice as suggested already.

Alaska (my BIG 50)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Probably the reason you were sick the whole time was your choice of cabin. I have heard that there is a lot of motion in the aft section. You should probably stay in a lower part of the ship and in the middle. Try a short cruise to see what happens. Try a balcony on deck six or if you don't mind the window, an oceanview. But before you throw in the towel, try a short one, then decide what you want to do. Hope you go and don't have the same problems that you had. I'm sorry you had such an awful time.

Happy Cruising

Patty

Actually there are no guarantees in Alaska and it is a MYTH of the "smooth as glass" sailing. More and more ships are doing less inside passage sailing ( a lot less than 10 years ago). 3 out of 10 of my trips had rough sailing, one trip lasting 3 days.

Oh dear icon_eek.gif I'm sorry to hear about your most recent cruise.

If that were me, I would give it another try. Maybe you had a bug for the week or something. But to give up cruising totally - I just couldn't do it. Maybe a 3 - 4 day cruise???

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Another thought--have you used the patch before? some people react badly to it. Why not just stick to Bonine or meclazine (generic Bonine) for the whole time. Maybe changing up meds was not good for you? I hope you can try again. No one wants to give up cruising. icon_frown.gif Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

We have friends who were boaters their entire married lives (50 years). Cruised and boated everywhere. About 5 years ago the wife started getting seasick and now can't go near a ship/boat. They have received gifts of cruises from their children, but for her it just isn't worth it.

They did a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi last year and she was fine. They are going again this year. You might try that.

I know there is nothing worse than seasickness.

If this was the first time you have been this sick through out a cruise, perhaps you had something else going. I have a problem with wax build up in my ears and have to use ear drops before flying and cruising because I get dizzy and that causes me to become nauseous. You could also have sinus problems that cause dizziness and nausea. Or even the start of a head cold.

Maybe you could explore other causes for feeling sick before giving up on cruises. It sure couldn't hurt.

Nancy

Voyager 2/04

Voyager 2/03

Grand 2/02

Archived