Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

My boss and his wife are taking their first Seabourn cruise in July 2013. They have already sent in their final payment. Can they still use a referral coupon from a previous Seabourn sailor?

Jane

Who, Unfortunately, is Not Going Anywhere on Seabourn....

My boss and his wife are taking their first Seabourn cruise in July 2013. They have already sent in their final payment. Can they still use a referral coupon from a previous Seabourn sailor?

Jane

Who, Unfortunately, is Not Going Anywhere on Seabourn....

yes up to 10 days prior to sailing the coupon can be mailed into Seabourn. If you need one I have one left? email me anthonymorales640@gmail.com

Does the person one is referring receive any notice or do they just know for sure when they get on board? I cannot remember receiving anything in advance but it's been a few years since my first Seabourn

No Seabourn is not that sophisticated yet with their IT systems that the person is automaticaly notified prior to embarking on a ship. They will receive a card in the Suite that says how much OBC they have received to use onboard. That's why when I refer someone, I always tell them to check with the Seabourn Club Desk approx 14 days after submitting the coupon to see if it has been applied or not.

P.S. Still have a coupon available for any first time Seabourn cruiser wishing $400.00 Onboard Credit. Email me at anthonymorales640@gmail.com

Edited by cookiedough88

No Seabourn is not that sophisticated yet with their IT systems that the person is automaticaly notified prior to embarking on a ship. They will receive a card in the Suite that says how much OBC they have received to use onboard. That's why when I refer someone, I always tell them to check with the Seabourn Club Desk approx 14 days after submitting the coupon to see if it has been applied or not.

P.S. Still have a coupon available for any first time Seabourn cruiser wishing $400.00 Onboard Credit. Email me at anthonymorales640@gmail.com

thanks; also you've referred a few times--have you gotten a certificate prior or just the card in the suite

thanks; also you've referred a few times--have you gotten a certificate prior or just the card in the suite

Being the "referrer" the person receiving the coupon and OBC is always notified with a card in their Suite. You being the person that referred them, get a slip in the mail from Seabourn Club Desk that shows the people names and sail date and booking that you qualified for the referral.

While we are discussing the mechanics of the referral system ...

We received two coupons, and one is winging its way to a new cruiser. That leaves one coupon, BUT, I gather that you can only have one credit applied per cruise (as the refer-er). So, I take it that there is no advantage to me of sending out another coupon, unless the first person cancels their cruise, and it would be better (or more public-spirited LOL!) of me to just hold on to that second coupon and let someone else make a referral. Is that correct?

I'm a first-time previous SB cruiser, so I'm not up to speed on all the nuances. What I do know is how much I appreciated that referral coupon for my first cruise, and how much I intend to appreciate the OBC from the refer-er coupon on my second cruise!

You are correct in that you can only receive one referral benefit per Cruise (either the referrer or new cruiser). It is better not to send two referral vouchers out unless you have two cruises booked and much better to allow somebody else the chance.:)

I note that on the new referral coupons it states that the past guest must not sail prior to the new guest - I think this must have changed because last time I used a coupon the new guests were definitely sailing after us. If the person referring sails prior to the new guests, they are not now credited with the OBC but instead get a referral certificate good for 2 years from the date of issue. Anyone else noticed this?