Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

We have a Seabourn Referral Coupon available for any first time Seabourn cruisers who will make their final payment before mid November. If you email me at "pat.schafer" at "mac" dot "com" I will get the necessary details and forward the Coupon to Seabourn.

(Our final payment was paid Sept 6 for a cruise on Dec 5. We are based in Sydney, Australia.)

Thanks.

Luxurylizard, and anyone else wishing to give out a referral coupon - bear in mind that now (I am sure this has changed, though Seabourn deny this) your newbie has to sail before you do for you to have your credit for your already paid for cruise, otherwise it remains on 'credit' for your next cruise. I think the logic is that if your newbie should cancel even after payment you have not in fact 'introduced' them to SB.;)

Lincslady, thanks for that tip - I now have a response from someone who fortunately is sailing before me. I guess a credit for a future cruise is OK as well as long as one is planning on taking another cruise. Right now even though I am fairly new to Seabourn (this will be our second cruise) - I find they seem to be the best value for money in the small(er) luxury ships.

We have referral coupons available for anyone sailing with Seabourn for the first time and would like to receive $400 on board credit for free!:) Ideally you will be sailing on or before 10 November, but not essential, and have paid in full for your cruise. Please contact me at jcwrigglesworth@gmail.com and I will post the coupon to Seabourn with your cruise details.

dalliowner - it certainly looks like it! And it is hard for anyone else to get a look in. Since you can apparently use one referral credit for each leg of a multi segment cruise, obviously when you are on for months at a time there is lots of scope to use coupons.

What you have to ask is - will Seabourn stop the referrals if you are using the system 4-6-8 times a year rather than once or twice? If you are using it that amount or more, it becomes obvious that it is not a genuine referral !

I have used this year alone 14 Referral Coupons on bookings alone from Referrals from this Board and also from elsewhere also with my Carnival Shareholder Benefit. Oh, so Seabourn would accept that I only cruise with them once or twice a year?:rolleyes: My Shareholder Benefit alone has netted me over $2300.00 in Onboard Credit on a stock purchase of $3000.00 ( I bought 100 shares when they were at $29.00) does this mean they will cancel the Shareholder Benefit Program?

To avoid over-posting of referral offers, I may need to change the rules of this thread. My thought is that a new SB cruiser must request a coupon first before another member can offer the coupon. This seems a bit more "fair". I'll keep you all posted.

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan

To avoid over-posting of referral offers, I may need to change the rules of this thread. My thought is that a new SB cruiser must request a coupon first before another member can offer the coupon. This seems a bit more "fair". I'll keep you all posted.

Host Dan

Perfect idea Dan! Will stop all of the unuseful whining on here by some!

I have used this year alone 14 Referral Coupons on bookings alone from Referrals from this Board and also from elsewhere also with my Carnival Shareholder Benefit. Oh, so Seabourn would accept that I only cruise with them once or twice a year?:rolleyes: My Shareholder Benefit alone has netted me over $2300.00 in Onboard Credit on a stock purchase of $3000.00 ( I bought 100 shares when they were at $29.00) does this mean they will cancel the Shareholder Benefit Program?

Frankly, I'm jealous. :p:)

Host Dan

Sorry Dan but don't think it will. If you read back the last few week's postings here you will see that one poster generally responds within a matter of minutes to virtually every request that goes up. Others of us with either a job, or a life, don't have time or opportunity to sit hunched over an i-Pad or phone waiting for the next request to come in.

If you move to the system you propose it will actually exacerbate the situation in that no-one else will get a look in.

Only trouble is, as a newbie this year myself, I had no clue until someone offered me one. So how to ask if you don't know they exist?

That's the point, your friends who have already sailed on Seabourn should know and refer you. The intent is not for a 'match-up' Forum. It was not designed for a 'newbie' to ask for a referral.

That's the point, your friends who have already sailed on Seabourn should know and refer you. The intent is not for a 'match-up' Forum. It was not designed for a 'newbie' to ask for a referral.

No, I know that. However as someone in Australia who doesn't know anyone who has even cruised, let alone to refer from Seabourn, this forum is the only place i am going to make such 'friends'. So are you suggesting that people should never be referred from CC? I agree that in the 'real world' Seabourn probably had in mind some people talking about holidays over dinner and someone saying 'hey, you should try Seabourn, and look I have this mutually beneficial voucher' - but that would never have the remotest chance of happening in my case and the real world these days includes the internet. So I don't see how Seabourn could avoid the eventuality of a 'match-up' forum.

No, I know that. However as someone in Australia who doesn't know anyone who has even cruised, let alone to refer from Seabourn, this forum is the only place i am going to make such 'friends'. So are you suggesting that people should never be referred from CC? I agree that in the 'real world' Seabourn probably had in mind some people talking about holidays over dinner and someone saying 'hey, you should try Seabourn, and look I have this mutually beneficial voucher' - but that would never have the remotest chance of happening in my case and the real world these days includes the internet. So I don't see how Seabourn could avoid the eventuality of a 'match-up' forum.

Hi Lahore,

I do understand what you are saying and totally agree especially as here in Australia for a TA to give any onboard credit is rare so this is a bonus.

I think the frustrations need to be put in context. Not that long ago people would almost take turns in sharing the referral coupons, but now as one certain poster dominates and jumps on every request or even seems to search for any new to Seabourn poster it is beginning to feel like a scramble to get in before they do.

I hope this doesn't seem like sour grapes. I just liked the way it was before when it didn't seem to be a competition.

Julie

Hi Lahore,

I do understand what you are saying and totally agree especially as here in Australia for a TA to give any onboard credit is rare so this is a bonus.

I think the frustrations need to be put in context. Not that long ago people would almost take turns in sharing the referral coupons, but now as one certain poster dominates and jumps on every request or even seems to search for any new to Seabourn poster it is beginning to feel like a scramble to get in before they do.

I hope this doesn't seem like sour grapes. I just liked the way it was before when it didn't seem to be a competition.

Julie

Ah, I understand. I haven't got any history on this board of the forum so I didn't get the source of the angst.now I get it. I still respectfully disagree with some of the apparent assumptions in JaneBP's post though. It seems to assume that we all have 'real world' high end cruising friends.

Edited by lahore

>"It seems to assume that we all have 'real world' high end cruising friends."

I am not assuming that at all. For my first cruise I did not have a referral, if indeed the system was in place. I was merely stating how I interpreted the program. It was in no way meant to cast aspersions on you or anyone else.

Does XCP not realise that Seabourn will notice they have given $5600 to him already this year and think it strange.

I notice he is still trying for more, Why? how many cruises is he planning to take as you can only use 1 per cruise.

I also note he only started posting (under this name ) on Sep 15 I wonder why that is ?

Does XCP not realise that Seabourn will notice they have given $5600 to him already this year and think it strange.

I notice he is still trying for more, Why? how many cruises is he planning to take as you can only use 1 per cruise.

Darling, it's one per cruise, but on a b2b ( I am on 7 b2b cruises from Oct 20th to Jan 22nd on the Odyssey you can combine them as long as each cruise segment is booked separately and with your Carnival Shareholder Benefit as well...completely LEGIT) ...Not that it's any of your business, but to date, I am booked already on 8 cruises for next year as it stands and will probably end up being booked on a couple more by the time I have the great pleasure of meeting you on the Quest from Barcelona to Rio de Janeiro on Oct 26/13.

Anyways look it, for some reason some of you are bent out of shape over all of this. I'll call a truce right now...I won't solicitate anymore coupons while I am cruising for the next 94 days on the Odyssey to give some more people on here a chance at getting some Referral Coupons.....how about that? That way Host Dan doesn't have to find a workaround etc...and hopefully everyone is happy!:confused:

Edited by XChiefpurser