ruby princess mini suite-mini bar

scp1

Just wondered if anyone who has booked a mini suite actually got a complimentary mini bar set up. I was reading on a post of a travel agent, and she mentioned it, but have not read that anywhere else. I did see on our personalize section on Princess.com that I was asked about my beverage choice, however not sure if I would be charged!!

Thanks.

Just wondered if anyone who has booked a mini suite actually got a complimentary mini bar set up. I was reading on a post of a travel agent, and she mentioned it, but have not read that anywhere else. I did see on our personalize section on Princess.com that I was asked about my beverage choice, however not sure if I would be charged!!

Thanks.

Sorry, unless you are an Elite member in the Captain's Circle (over 150 days sailed with Princess or over 15 actual cruises), there is no mini bar in a mini suite. Full suites are the only category that offers this perk unless you are an Elite member (if Elite, it wouldn't matter what type of category you booked, even insides receive a free one time mini bar set up).

We only used the soft drinks out of our free set-up last month. We couldn't pack the little alcohol bottles - no room & luggage was too heavy already. I hope our cabin steward enjoyed them! :D

Anything you don't like, you can request to be replaced with something you do like. They'll exchange based on value. So if you don't drink alcohol & want soda or bottled water instead, you will get the equivalent value in the # of desired replacements.

So you book a PH category cabin only for the mini bar? LOL

That seems to be the logical conclusion. Seems like a high price to pay for one free mini bar set up. I guess PT Barnum was right about one being born every second (or minute, don't remember which)

• 1 month later...
Exactly what beverages are in a standard mini-bar setup?

We are elite passengers and had the following in place for our recent Dawn princess cruise.

2 cans coca cola

2 cans sprite

2 bottles still water

2 botthels sparkling perrier

2 bottles Tonic Water

2 mini spirit bottles Gin

2 mini spirit bottles Vodka

2 mini spirit bottles Canadian Club

2 mini spirit bottles cognac

When it is set up as complimentary can you request to substitute certain things eg we prefer diet coke over any of the other soft drinks?

When it is set up as complimentary can you request to substitute certain things eg we prefer diet coke over any of the other soft drinks?
Absolutely. I request 2 vodkas in exchange for the gin, keep the 2 bottles of water, and ask to have all the rest changed to cans of Sprite Zero. My sister told me to next time, make sure I get two cans for each bottle of liquor; that's what they ask for and get.

Absolutely. I request 2 vodkas in exchange for the gin, keep the 2 bottles of water, and ask to have all the rest changed to cans of Sprite Zero. My sister told me to next time, make sure I get two cans for each bottle of liquor; that's what they ask for and get.

Who do you submit the request for the exchange? The cabin steward?

Who do you submit the request for the exchange? The cabin steward?

We just call room service after the setup is deleivered. I know, it would seem to make more sense to call before they deliver it, but they can not handle that.

We just call room service after the setup is deleivered. I know, it would seem to make more sense to call before they deliver it, but they can not handle that.

How can you call before it's delivered, when it's always in our cabin when we arrive? And, we are usually one of the first aboard ship.

Is it true that Elite members staying in full suites get two mini bar set ups?

I thought I read that somewhere.

Thanks

Several Elite members have been able to get two bar set ups in a full suite. But normally they have had to ask for them. Personally, we have always gotten only one in a full suite. ;)

No rum, and no way to substitute for Rum. The items you see are the only choices. Of coarse you can exchange for all of of the same items, such as all vodka, but that's all they offer.

oh well guess we will have to suffer :p my hubby is laughing beside me saying well he is game to try some new stuff and then see what we like and then for our 17 and 18 cruise in Jan we can switch off.

Archived