What do you consider the "best" table in the main DR?

I would say a round table on the main level of the dining room...

Unless cruising in Alaska,,, then I would say a table along the back of the ship right up against the windows.. We had this location on both of our Alaskan cruises and loved it!

We always have late dinner so this is a factor as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

The one I am at....LOL :p

ROFLMBO...well OBVIOUSLY...:p

I was just wondering where the best spot is to have things to see...we're taking the kiddos along for the first time. We've been stuck in the very front before and it stunk...couldn't see a thing, except the people coming in late, LOL.

We just had a round table for ten,front and center main level, right next to Captains table.We saw everything and had the best service ever(except cocktail service,think it might have been a language barrier).

Pavodol and Vladimir rock!!!!

Depending on the time of year, you may not be able to see anything outside so a window view may be irrelevant. If it's during a time where you can see, definitely one of those.

Usually a table on the main floor will give you more to see if you want to people watch. All depends on so many things.

i'm curious. Does anyone have a favorite level/location? I'm wanting to seat atleast 7 at our table. We'll have early dining time, for the first time...can you actually see anything out the windows? Thanks.

the table i'm seated at!

We've always gotten one of the long 8-10 tables by a window. I LOVE being able to watch the water go by as I'm eating - that's a phenomenal perk.

The only drawback is, as some of the other posters have said, you can really only keep up conversation with the three people surrounding you. I just don't know if I'd give up the view for easier conversation. It's SO nice to watch the sunset (assuming you're going the right way to see it!). :D

I'm curious. Does anyone have a favorite level/location? I'm wanting to seat atleast 7 at our table. We'll have early dining time, for the first time...can you actually see anything out the windows? Thanks.

Unfortunately you really don't have any choice about table location, so just hope you are not near the passageway to the galley.

Seems like the last few years I've always been at a table in the corner, or WAAAAYY off to the side. It's not so bad, I suppose, since we're by the window, but I watch videos of all the action on the main dining room floor, and I feel like we've missed so much of the dining room experience, no matter how good our waiters are.

While I know so many would love the table by the window, I would love to have a table in the middle of the main dining floor for once! :)

My group was seated at the large tables next to the windows on Inspiration. I thought it was great, especially the first night leaving Tampa. We were on the starboard (left side) and could see all of the ships passing us as the went into Tampa. Also saw the big bridge.

At sea, it was kind of cool to just look at it. This was my second cruise, and first window seat in the dining room. Also my first outside cabin. So I spent a lot of time with looking out.

It depends on what you like though. For me, I like the window. If you are more socially oriented, then look at the table types. If you want privacy, then look for those tables. If not look for a different set up. The deck plans (I think) give fairly accurate representations of how tables are arranged in the dining room.

Good luck.

I like a table for two upstairs at the railing. Then you can watch both upstairs and downstairs.

Of course for a larger table, a round in the middle would be best. Almost all of the time you can't see anything outside the windows at night.

We had a "ten-top" table and the most we had any night were eight people (do not know what happened to the other couple). At any rate, we were located towards the front, right next to the bussing area (which was fine....no excessive noise or activity there). We were able to see the Maitre'D's station and the Piano...in addition, the majority of the evenings festivities were located towards the front, where we were.

Our main concern was the service from the dining staff. They were most excellent and contributed to the entire dining experience. In our opinion, service and food quality far outweighs location...but it is always nice to have the best of both worlds....lol.

We have been at tables for 8 (7 of us usually travel - 2 families) on the main floor of the dining room (round tables). Nice to be in the center of the action. But on one cruise (Freedom) we were assigned to a long table against the back window. It was fantastic sitting there each dinner watching the wake, and the sunset. The only problem was the vibration at times. I would love to be assigned there again! (and it kept niece and nephew 7/8 very amused, as there is a large ledge there they could sit on and watch the ocean until each course came)

Just a side note, I've been able to see out the windows for almost the entire session of our dinner times. I suppose it would vary on time of year, location, and dinner seating - but I've ALWAYS had at least 35 minutes of a lovely view before the sun went down. :) It's not always dark outside for early dinner seating.

Archived