Question about price drops

I have only cruised once on Princess so I am new to RCCL. I see a lot of threads about price drops and people getting huge discounts. Some in the $500 to $700 range.

My question is, how are they getting these? It seems to me from watching prices online that the price seems to stay pretty much the same all the time. I am interested in a 7 day Mexico cruise in January (assuming the flu thing is over) and the rate for a balcony is $799. Its in line with what I paid on my last cruise on Princess for a balcony. When and where do these prices change? Or am I missing something else completely?

Thanks.

That's a great price...and it might not change. For whatever reason, certain cruises do not sell well, and sometimes only certain cabin categories do not sell well. In that case Royal Cariibbean might lower the price, and you will frequently see it posted on here.

If I had to guess, I would say that are many cruises sailing that never have price drops and may even experience price increases. But people don't post about those. So, it is a little skewed. The prices just seem to fluctuate quite a bit. :)

Make it part of your daily online ritual - like checking email - to check for price drops.

Make sure you have cleared cookies and run cleaning programs like crap cleaner.

As Behrhunter stated - some prices do not change...

It is all supply and demand...

Supply and Demand for your Specific Date in General...

And Supply and Demand for your particular cabin category within your Specific sailing date...

Good Luck!

And keep checking!!

If the price you see now is a price you can live with, book it! If the price goes up, you are still paying what you "locked in" for. If after you book the cruise, you check the site and see the price has gone down for your stateroom category (which you can check by doing a fake booking) call RCI and ask them to honor the price drop. They will usually do so unless the lower rate is for new bookings only. We booked our last cruise over 14 mos in advance. Did not see any price drops til about 3 months before we sailed. Still I kept checking about 1-2 time a day to make sure.

That's a great price...and it might not change. For whatever reason, certain cruises do not sell well, and sometimes only certain cabin categories do not sell well. In that case Royal Cariibbean might lower the price, and you will frequently see it posted on here.

If I had to guess, I would say that are many cruises sailing that never have price drops and may even experience price increases. But people don't post about those. So, it is a little skewed. The prices just seem to fluctuate quite a bit. :)

Absolutly true. We're going on our 4th cruise out of Baltimore this July, our 3rd on Granduer, and this year is the 1st time we've seen a price drop since our initial deposit and it has dropped several times over the last year, $645 worth of drops.

would a balcony cabin, like the E2 or E3 on RCCL be a potential cabin that would see a price decrease, if a price decrease did happen??

would a balcony cabin, like the E2 or E3 on RCCL be a potential cabin that would see a price decrease, if a price decrease did happen??

There is the potential for it toi happen on any cabin grade, so yes, it *might* happen.

Thanks to all who responded. I will most likely be booking this rate. I don't expect it to fall much if anything from the current listed price.

Keep watching and you might get lucky. I've gotten price drops on 2 of my last 3 cruises.

And where in the ArkLaTex are you located?

Yes, keep checking those prices everyone. I just called my TA with the FOURTH one in 4 months on our family cruise this December. If there is ever a cruise where I want price drops it's the one where we are paying for 3 cabins!!!!

Yes, keep checking those prices everyone. I just called my TA with the FOURTH one in 4 months on our family cruise this December. If there is ever a cruise where I want price drops it's the one where we are paying for 3 cabins!!!!

So if you book, then get a price drop, can you still receive more price drops? Will Royal Caribbean keep dropping the price for you?

I just received price drops for our two cabins, around $1000 for the two. Sure would like more price drops.

So if you book, then get a price drop, can you still receive more price drops? Will Royal Caribbean keep dropping the price for you?

I just received price drops for our two cabins, around $1000 for the two. Sure would like more price drops.

Yes, as long as the price drops aren't for new bookings only, RCCL will allow you to have as many price drops as you can find.:)

Yes, as long as the price drops aren't for new bookings only, RCCL will allow you to have as many price drops as you can find.:)

Awesome! let there be many more :D

thanks

And where in the ArkLaTex are you located?

Actually I am not. There is a long story behind why my profile says that but I forgot about it and really need to change it. But I did stay in Shreveport LA for a week.

I'm from Ireland but live in the Boston suburb called New Hampshire.

I am guessing that once your cruise is paid in full then no more price drops?

Also, I am trying to decide whether we should book now for a cruise where final payment is due next week? I am not loving the current prices so I thought we would maybe chance it and wait to book until after all current guests need to have their full payments in thinking that there may be a number of cancellations and that would cause a price drop? A little risky I know. What do you think?

I am guessing that once your cruise is paid in full then no more price drops?

Also, I am trying to decide whether we should book now for a cruise where final payment is due next week? I am not loving the current prices so I thought we would maybe chance it and wait to book until after all current guests need to have their full payments in thinking that there may be a number of cancellations and that would cause a price drop? A little risky I know. What do you think?

No, this is one of the nice things about RCI, as long as the price drop is not for a special sale you can still get it even after final payment. I've done it twice in the past and hoping I can again with my upcoming cruise!

Actually I am not. There is a long story behind why my profile says that but I forgot about it and really need to change it. But I did stay in Shreveport LA for a week.

I'm from Ireland but live in the Boston suburb called New Hampshire.

Ah!!! Love the explanation!!:D

• 1 month later...
I am new at this, so I apologize if this question is answered elsewhere. How do you find out about the price drops? Is it from the cruise line's site? Thanks for your help.

Yes, go through the booking process until you see the prices displayed. This is so you can enter your state of residence and if you're over 55. Then you will see the prices for each category.

Also, check this link every week for the Tuesday specials:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Join the Crown and Anchor Society if you have been on one RCCL cruise and haven't joined yet. Then log into the C&A web site and click on Special Offers.

Repeat all of the above

first suggestion daily.

the second suggestion weekly

the third suggestion quarterly

Yes, go through the booking process until you see the prices displayed. This is so you can enter your state of residence and if you're over 55. Then you will see the prices for each category.

Also, check this link every week for the Tuesday specials:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

Join the Crown and Anchor Society if you have been on one RCCL cruise and haven't joined yet. Then log into the C&A web site and click on Special Offers.

Repeat all of the above

first suggestion daily.

the second suggestion weekly

the third suggestion quarterly

RCCL will NOT honor price drops that are on the Tuesday Sales events. Those are for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY. They are great IF you don't already have a cruise booked but are worthless and frustrating if you do.

RCCL will NOT honor price drops that are on the Tuesday Sales events. Those are for NEW BOOKINGS ONLY. They are great IF you don't already have a cruise booked but are worthless and frustrating if you do.

Agreed, but not everyone checks for price drops after they book. Some check them to see if they go down to a price they want to pay, and then book. I've used the Tuesday specials to cancel and rebook on a different ship for a near date because it was such a better deal.

Agreed, but not everyone checks for price drops after they book. Some check them to see if they go down to a price they want to pay, and then book. I've used the Tuesday specials to cancel and rebook on a different ship for a near date because it was such a better deal.

sorry you sounded like you were using them as a source to look for price drops .

Your explanation is the same as mine otherwise. LOL;)

Archived