RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We just returned from our Med. cruise and used RIL in Rome, Livorno & Naples....anything I would have to say would be redundant !:) They were absolutely FABULOUS. There were 8 in each of our groups. We are planning to use them again next fall.

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations or done any of the other tours they offer in Rome, Livorno & Naples, since we did the " Basic" ones this time ?

Thanks...Terry

We just returned from our Med. cruise and used RIL in Rome, Livorno & Naples....anything I would have to say would be redundant !:) They were absolutely FABULOUS. There were 8 in each of our groups. We are planning to use them again next fall.

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations or done any of the other tours they offer in Rome, Livorno & Naples, since we did the " Basic" ones this time ?

Thanks...Terry

Terry,

We agree with you that RIL is FABULOUS!

We used them while we were in Rome for 4 days in August.

We saw the Vatican and St. Peter's (met Duman, the owner, and Sarah, our guide for the Vatican. Outstanding)

On our second day, we did the city highlights tour of all the sites in Rome. Angelo was awesome.

We visited the Catacombs and Borghese Gallery, and some of the basilicas. Another day we went to Tivoli and on our last day we did the Etruscan tour on our way to the port in Civitavecchia.

As you know, RIL will customize your tour however you want, just ask and they are so willing to accommodate requests.

We will be going to Naples in July and we are using RIL again. I am looking at tours of the Tuscany region and they are giving me suggestions for there, too.

We booked RIL for all 3 ports on our recent Ruby Princess cruise (sept 26). Being a first time cruiser, I was a little anxious about booking a private tour, but took a chance after reading all the wonderful things about RIL on these message boards.

In all 3 ports we were picked up promptly and returned to the ship without a worry. The guides were super. Uli, Lorenzo and Stefano really love their cities and certainly we were able to see that as they guided us around Florence, Rome and Naples.

Our group really enjoyed these tours and it was a real disapointment to use the Princess ship tours after such wonderful experiences with private touring. I only wish they were in all the other ports we visited!

We used RIL (Rome In Limo) for two separate tours last week. One was in Sorrento (Antonino) and the other was in Florence (Gian). They were prompt and waiting for us as we disembarked our ship. They had comfortable vehicles, a great sense of humor and best of all, phone communication to their head office where they were informed of any problems that might arise. On the way to Pompeii, there was a 3 hr. morning strike. Our driver got a call from the head office and found out, so we turned around, visiting Positano instead in the morning hours. We later went back to Pompeii for the afternoon.

The only thing that bothered me about the Livorno (for Florence) tour was the fact that I was told ahead of time that we would have time to visit both the Uffizi and the Accademia (which was really a waste of time other than 5 mins. to see the David). Once we were all in the van, we were informed that we would not have time to do both. We weren't running late, but the driver wanted to take us where THEY wanted us to go. We ended up wasting a couple hours shopping. This is one thing we did NOT want to do at all. We could have had plenty of time to see the rooms I wanted to see at the Uffizi if we hadn't wasted time shopping. No one bought much of anything and it was very sad for me not to get to see the world-famous museum.

A word of advice for those that book any private tour: make sure you go over your itinerary with the DRIVER before you start out for the day. The drivers do not seem to get the same information that you may have previously exchanged with Jany at the head office. I should've been very specific about what we wanted to see for the day with the driver and I wasn't. Instead, we saw and did what they think all Americans want to see & do (shop).

We still had a great time on both tours, but the Florence one was definitely dampened because of not going to see the one attraction I was told we would see.

I don't know why, but the guide was with the driver when they picked us up at our hotel. She stayed with us the whole time. We even talked into having lunch with us, that was nice because we could sit and talk. Her name was Catherine and she really gave us a full day. Romeinlimo is very accomodating, they will give you the best. We also used them for Florence and Tuscany and Naples. In Naples they took us to Pompeii, a cameo factory where we saw them actually carving a cameo, the Amalfi coast, which was breathtaking, we had pizza in Sorrento. You must use them, it is a experience you will remember for the rest of your life. my email marthalb@optonline if you have any other questions. madmarti:D

We have used Romeinlimo over the years, and would never use anyone else. We customize our days, choose different itineraries that we make up, since we have been to the ports several times each. Duman and Jany, to me, are the most professional duo I have found in any of the cities we've traveled. This past trip, we decided not to go to Ravella, because it's even higher than Positano and I am a little terrified of heights, but Ravella will be on our next tour-last time we were in Naples, we decided to go to Pompeii and Positano-this time, we chose to go to Positano and spend more time there, also to have leisurely lunch, then to do some shopping around Sorrento-great guide, Giovanni, found us the wine we wanted, did everything we wanted. Same thing in Rome and Livorno-we customized and we also were able to spend time in Florence doing all we wanted, and then off to a winery for a fantastic tour and sampling. In other words, we choose our designated priorities, and then we discuss with our drivers other alternatives to maximize the experience. We have never been disappointed. We've traveled with our kids and with friends, and all will tell you that Romeinlimo has been incredible to us. The couple we traveled with last month were so delighted they are researching their next Italy cruise already. I want Romeinlimo to open in a few other places-like everywhere! His concept and customer service are unbeatable, in my opinion and experiences.

We took 2 RomeInLimo Tours during our recent Mediterranean Cruise on the Ruby Princess and both were fantastic. Our tour of Siena and San Gimignano with Elizabeth on 9/28 was incredible. Elizabeth was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The sites were beautiful and I highly compliment her on doing such a wonderful job.

Our tour of Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast with Vito on 9/30 was equally great. Vito was an excellent guide, extremely personable and was superb at navigating the gorgeous and challenging terrain. He was especially helpful when we needed to rearrange our day due to a demonstration in the morning at Pompeii and also with meeting all the needs of the people in our group. Like Elizabeth, I can't recommend Vito enough!!

Our group of 9 ladies used Rome in Limo for both our cruise tours and our land tours and were very pleased.

In Florence, Mauurizio Tocchioni was very, very informative and friendly. His art knowledge was amazind. We had our best gelato ever.

In Rome, Onofrio was also very good and interesting, Sarah was our guide in the Vatican, and she was very good, although the Vatican was so crowded it was very difficult. We almost got trampled trying to get out of the Sistine Chapel doorway! She navigated us around the big groups and was very informative and kind.

Carmelo was a fun, great guide for the Almalfi area and Lucia was a very informative guide at Pompeii. A great day.

In Cinque Terre, Francesco was a good driver, and our guide Jane was absolutely fabulous. She took us to a lot of viewpoints and hidden places. Another really wonderful day.

We have used RIL for our Amalfi Coast tours twice and loved both experiences. The first time we did the typical drive through Naples, tour Pompeii (our driver got us there quickly so we were the first ones there and didn't see another tour group for the first hour...amazing to see it in the morning stillness without the craziness of thousands of tourists), drive the coast to Sorrento and Positano with a wonderfully long Italian lunch and time to wonder the last two towns on our own.

The second time we skipped Pompeii and chose their tour that took us to Ravello, Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano and along the Amalfi Coast line. After leaving Naples our driver took us to Ravello through the mountains instead of the coast line. This was amazing to see as you could see the Med from a different perspective. Ravello was our first stop and it was amazing. So quiet and quaint. A beautiful museum type villa with amazing grounds and architecture was one of our favorite sites. Then we went to the town of Amalfi for some touring. From there we took the coast line road back to Positano and Sorrento where we had plenty of time to shop, site see, and enjoy lunch on our own. Most of our group chose a quick little pizza place right on the water so we could spend more time touring, while others opted for the full Italian lunch. Both ways our entire group (8 people) had a wonderful experience!

The great thing about RomeInLimo.com is even if they don't have a specific itinerary listed on their website that meets your desires, they can build you one. They are flexible and customer focused so they make your family's dreams come true! They did ours.

Ciao!

We used RIL (Rome In Limo) for two separate tours last week. One was in Sorrento (Antonino) and the other was in Florence (Gian). They were prompt and waiting for us as we disembarked our ship. They had comfortable vehicles, a great sense of humor and best of all, phone communication to their head office where they were informed of any problems that might arise. On the way to Pompeii, there was a 3 hr. morning strike. Our driver got a call from the head office and found out, so we turned around, visiting Positano instead in the morning hours. We later went back to Pompeii for the afternoon.

The only thing that bothered me about the Livorno (for Florence) tour was the fact that I was told ahead of time that we would have time to visit both the Uffizi and the Accademia (which was really a waste of time other than 5 mins. to see the David). Once we were all in the van, we were informed that we would not have time to do both. We weren't running late, but the driver wanted to take us where THEY wanted us to go. We ended up wasting a couple hours shopping. This is one thing we did NOT want to do at all. We could have had plenty of time to see the rooms I wanted to see at the Uffizi if we hadn't wasted time shopping. No one bought much of anything and it was very sad for me not to get to see the world-famous museum.

A word of advice for those that book any private tour: make sure you go over your itinerary with the DRIVER before you start out for the day. The drivers do not seem to get the same information that you may have previously exchanged with Jany at the head office. I should've been very specific about what we wanted to see for the day with the driver and I wasn't. Instead, we saw and did what they think all Americans want to see & do (shop).

We still had a great time on both tours, but the Florence one was definitely dampened because of not going to see the one attraction I was told we would see.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us

My husband and I are booked on the Royal Caribbean Cruise for the

Mediterrain on Sept. 8th from Rome. We are going to be in Rome starting on September 4th till Sept.8th when we transfer to the ship. We are looking 2 people to share our private tours listed below. The cost is extremely lower for 4 than 2.

September 4, 2011 3 hour private night tour of Rome. Shared $200.00 euro for 4 people.

September 5, 2011 8 hour pvt car tour of Rome. Including Vatican and Museums Shared $380.00 euro for 4 people.

September 6,2011 We are doing a day tour to Florence from Rome and 8 hour touring.

We do not pay now and can cancel 7 days prior to the tour by e-mail

Lecbc

Have you checked your roll call? That is where you will find people on your cruise, and where you should post "share" requests. You didn't indicate what RCCL ship you are on, so I can't do a search.

Also, you are a little under 11 months out, so a roll call might be a little slow. In fact, many have not even booked the crusie yet!

We've booked RIL for two tours (Pisa/Florence and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast) during our 2011 Med cruise based on all the positive reviews on CC. However, I'm confused by some of the posts. Some seem to refer to guides and drivers. Are they not one and the same? (Except for in museums such as the Uffizi or in the Pompeii ruins of course)

In other words, should we expect some kind of commentary from the drivers as we go from museum to museum or drive along the coast?

I have a question of someone who has recently returned from a tour of the Vatican Museum.

Did they actually require some ID for you to enter with your prepurchased ticket? Here's our problem: We prepurchased tickets, and part of the procedure was to give the names of those who would be entering. We have had a change in our group - one person replacing another. Can the new person just use the ticket the former person would have used?

(I guess this should be responded to by someone who fairly recently went, since there may be a change in procedure.)

Many thanks.

Kathy

We've booked RIL for two tours (Pisa/Florence and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast) during our 2011 Med cruise based on all the positive reviews on CC. However, I'm confused by some of the posts. Some seem to refer to guides and drivers. Are they not one and the same? (Except for in museums such as the Uffizi or in the Pompeii ruins of course)

In other words, should we expect some kind of commentary from the drivers as we go from museum to museum or drive along the coast?

RIL will provide car and driver. If you want a "guide" that is an extra fee. The drivers are very knowledgeable, but they are not guides. Do not expect to get the details from the driver as you would get from a guide. Also, the driver will point you in the direction, but will not walk around with you.

Did they actually require some ID for you to enter with your prepurchased ticket? Here's our problem: We prepurchased tickets, and part of the procedure was to give the names of those who would be entering. We have had a change in our group - one person replacing another. Can the new person just use the ticket the former person would have used?

We didn't pre-purchase our tickets, but we didn't do any sort of identification process as we purchased our tickets at the door, or as we entered. There were just standard security issues- searching purses, etc. This was in Sept.

Don't think you are going to have any problem.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I'm trying to remember the process back in April when we used our pre-purchased tickets to enter the Vatican.

I know we had vouchers that had been emailed to us that we handed in at the ticket counter. I do not think we had to show ID that our names were the same as on the vouchers, but I can't guarantee that.

Okay, I just went back and looked at our voucher, which I had saved in our email. Ours had the date and time and one name on it (my husbands) but then said Pax: X2. My name was not on the voucher.

The directious said to present the voucher at the entrance to the museum with ID, which must of just been my husband's ID, since my name was not listed, then after going through security we exchanged the voucher for actual tickets.

The voucher does have a big non-transferable logo on it. But, it also says that if the voucher needs to be modified, to present yourself to the 'reception desk' to request a new voucher. It also says changes can only be made once, up to one hour before the tour time and that the number of participants can't be changed and there are no refunds.

I take this to mean that you can request a change in your voucher when you get there, following the rules above, if necessary. I'm not sure you will need a change if your voucher just has one name on it, like ours, with the number of people (but not their names) listed, for instance, John Brown Pax: X4.

Of course, I am no expert and can't guarantee anything, but it looks like you should be ok.

We used RomeInLimo during our recent Mediterranean cruise. The reviews on the Cruise Critic message boards were very impressive. Their website is extremely well designed and communications were answered quickly and efficiently. No question was too trivial. Jany made all things possible.

We first toured with Francesco doing a Highlights of Rome tour. He was very knowledgeable and spoke English well. He took us to all the sights one can possibly see in such a short time and made it easy – no standing in long lines. We were brought to the heart of the sites that no tour bus could manage and given plenty of time to explore and take it all in. He truly set the standard for all our other tours over the next 14 days! We had a delightful tour of the Amalfi Coast with Vito who was entertaining as well as informative. He introduced us to our Private Guide in Pompeii who was a wealth of knowledge and efficiently helped us navigate the ruins. We then toured Vatican City with a wonderful Private Guide Paola which was also arranged by RomeInLimo.

The vehicles used were all comfortable and in immaculate condition. The drivers were easy to spot – they were professionally dressed in suit and tie! They were courteous, often entertaining and knowledgeable about regions and places we visited. We also used RomeInLimo for our transfers to/from the port and finally the airport. No hassles.

We were impressed when Mr. Duman himself took the time to meet us and confirm that our tours and arrangements were in order and to our satisfaction. This is a really class organization. Would highly recommend RomeInLimo services. If only they operated in all the other ports we visited!

I've personally done Rome tours with Rome In Limo twice! Last week I booked my mom and her friends with RIL and my mother raved about Duman and his driver Angelo! They were surprised when a luxury car came to pick them up directly on the steps of the hotel. They loved Angelo! He was professional and took them to the main "attractions" and also to those little out of the way places you'll never see with anyone else! Out of all the tours they took on their cruise, their favorite was with Angelo! No huge groups or buses and best of all no lines!

I've recommended RIL to many of my friends who have traveled to Rome and they've never been disappointed! They are truly offer first class service and a friendly and familial environment!