RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Great company to deal with, I had booked 4 vans in Naples, Rome, Florence with my group of 32 and another van in Naples a second time coming back on second leg of 28 day cruise. Everybody was well pleased with drivers & itinerary . Got to points of interest quick & safe, they know what they are doing. Just a couple drivers I had were Walter in Florence, Carmine in Naples, Mirko in Naples, forgot out driver in Rome but he was GREAT also. We had a guide in Pompeii Teasciana I believe her name is but she was great in keeping group together & could hear her even though we were a large group. If you need more info-questions

Don Perepchuk

2575 Meridian Ct

Woodburn, Or 97071

503-982-4250

We returned a couple weeks ago from a cruise where we used RIL a couple times. Usual great job but with an unusual step on this cruise. We did our tour of the surrounding areas of Rome and then we stopped at Livorno the next day for our tour there. We had 14 of us for two vans but my wife wasn't feeling well and it was raining so the two of us decided not to go. I found two people to take my place and waited for the two cars in the morning and told both drivers of our situation. Off everyone went. About Noon I got a call from ships security telling me there was someone who wanted to see me at the gangway. Made me a little nervous. I went out and it was a RIL driver asking if my wife was feeling better and if she was he would take the two of us on our own tour. She wasn't and we didn't go but I thought that was a very good gesture. You think I might use them again. All 14 people had a great tour there.

We used RIL for 3 ports in November - they were wonderful. I suggest a guide for the vatican, we had Sara and she was wonderful. All arranged in advance. We also had a guide for Pompeii - well worth it. We did tip on top of the cost of the trip - the guides were well worth it. There is just the guide who drives also. If you are going to the coloseum in Rome get tickets in advance - also Tower of Pisa but check with RIL for best times. The best part of using them is they are able to get very close to the sights so you don't waste time. Enjoy, we did.

• 3 weeks later...

just putting in my recommendation-we've used Romeinlimo for every port in Italy we could over the past three years, and every single trip--some to the same cities-have been different, awesome, and we are again booking june with Jany--you cannot beat the personal service, customized days, information, you name it. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to find RIL and continue to do business with them. Just a small example of their service--in August 2010 I mentioned i wanted to find a particular wine to try, only created in Naples. I didn't mention it to Giovanni, our driver, until we were nearly in Positano. When we were at the beach, he got the wine, sliced peaches, had it waiting for us at the van when we came from the beach/shopping. That's priceless to me, that my single days in port are memorable because of the customized service we get from Duman and Jany and all the men and women drivers and guides we have met. Another little aside--we had a fantastic guide for the Vatican, booked by RIL, who was a wonderful woman, scholar, incredibly bright, and we loved meeting her. We considered her the best of the best. Next trip to the Vatican, with different friends, we booked another guide through RIL. She was ALSO fantastic! Totally different experience, totally awesome. And we actually have been at the Vatican multiple times over the years, but with the two guides we had via RIL, we had a better experience than all the hours spent on our own inside Vatican city. You always feel special the way you are treated. You always feel that you are their only client, their most important client. Cannot beat that for a great experience.

jesse, I totally agree with everything you said, and could not have said it better. We have used them many times and feel the same way each time: What a fantastic job. The little things mean alot and make a memory that is unforgetable.

Rosemarie :):)

just putting in my recommendation-we've used Romeinlimo for every port in Italy we could over the past three years, and every single trip--some to the same cities-have been different, awesome, and we are again booking june with Jany--you cannot beat the personal service, customized days, information, you name it. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to find RIL and continue to do business with them. Just a small example of their service--in August 2010 I mentioned i wanted to find a particular wine to try, only created in Naples. I didn't mention it to Giovanni, our driver, until we were nearly in Positano. When we were at the beach, he got the wine, sliced peaches, had it waiting for us at the van when we came from the beach/shopping. That's priceless to me, that my single days in port are memorable because of the customized service we get from Duman and Jany and all the men and women drivers and guides we have met. Another little aside--we had a fantastic guide for the Vatican, booked by RIL, who was a wonderful woman, scholar, incredibly bright, and we loved meeting her. We considered her the best of the best. Next trip to the Vatican, with different friends, we booked another guide through RIL. She was ALSO fantastic! Totally different experience, totally awesome. And we actually have been at the Vatican multiple times over the years, but with the two guides we had via RIL, we had a better experience than all the hours spent on our own inside Vatican city. You always feel special the way you are treated. You always feel that you are their only client, their most important client. Cannot beat that for a great experience.

What a wonderful review, thanks for sharing it with us :)

My family had the great fortune of using Romeinlimo two years ago for their wonderful Rome in a Day tour, including the Vatican with guide, after disembarking at the end of a Celebrity cruise in Civitiavecchia. Beyond the excellent job they do organizing the tours, and taking the worry out of planning, what made our experience special was the way our driver and our Vatican guide (Julia) kept our two boys (8 and 4 years old at the time) involved and entertained during the tour. We were worried that they would be disinterested with the sights and history of Rome, but they both did an excellent job of keeping them entertained and involved between the tour stops and at the Vatican. Without hesitation, I would recommend Romeinlimo for families wanting to explore the historical beauty of Rome.

As we are returning for another Celebrity cruise this summer, this time with a stop in Naples, has anyone had experience with Romeinlimo's kid friendly excursions in Naples, keeping in mind we will have a 9 and 5 year old with us. Would you recommend one of their specific tours over another?

We just used RIL earlier this month. Our guide was Vinny. He was really laid back and had a good sense of humor. He gave us options to maximize our time. For lunch, he gave us options in a few price ranges. For 20 euros a person, we had the best meal I have ever tasted. I say that and i don't have the name if the restaurant handy, but it was right near St.Peter's Square. It was amazing. I don't really drink wine, but the waiter suggested it and it came with the meal....and when in Rome! The wine was incredible. As a reference, we paid 650 euros for 7 of us and 150 euros of the 650 was for the private guide at the Vatican. I really want to go back and do RIL's Angels and Demons tour. I hear that was excellent as well. BTW, we did theRome Highlights. Concerning the price, keep in mind that we were in the off season so there was a discounted price. We also had to pay for the Catacombs and the Colleseum. They were not included in the price.

I have been singing the praises of RIL since 2007 when we first had the pleasure of using them for a tour of Rome. In Oct/11 we will be using them for the third time in Rome and Naples. They cannot be beat for their professionalism and customer satisfaction.

Shelly

I have been singing RIL's praises since 2007 when we took our first tour with them. In Oct/11, we will be using them for the third time around for Rome and Naples. You cannot beat them in terms of professionalism and customer s

Rome in Limo is EXCELLENT! Worth every Penny (Euro)-- and actually they are much much cheaper than any cruise ship's tour you could take-- and WAY WAY BETTER! Their staff is A+++++. You get great service. We used them for 2 ports in Italy... and when we went on a ship's tour for the 3rd port, we were kicking ourselves all day with how awful it was compared to Rome in Limo.

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND them! You get the best service, fun, professionalism, knowledge and charm from your tour guides. Wonderful! :)

We had two differnt tours with Rome in Limo... excellent! The drivers are so knowledgeable, they know sooo much. Other than Vatican and Pompeii, I would not get a separate guide for anything else.

If you do want to go to Pompei for the day from Rome--I would use Rome in Limo. They know what they are doing, can get you there the fastest with the best service.

Also, for the Vatican, let Rome in Limo arrange for the guide in advance... ours was A+++ and we didnt have the hassle of doing it ourselves.

And YES== "Tipping" is not a City in China. The service is so excellent, we tipped our guides-- happily-- as we felt we go so much out of it. It was worth it. :)

We had two differnt tours with Rome in Limo... excellent! The drivers are so knowledgeable, they know sooo much. Other than Vatican and Pompeii, I would not get a separate guide for anything else.

If you do want to go to Pompei for the day from Rome--I would use Rome in Limo. They know what they are doing, can get you there the fastest with the best service.

Also, for the Vatican, let Rome in Limo arrange for the guide in advance... ours was A+++ and we didnt have the hassle of doing it ourselves.

And YES== "Tipping" is not a City in China. The service is so excellent, we tipped our guides-- happily-- as we felt we go so much out of it. It was worth it. :)

Thanks for the comments. We're doing exactly that and have arranged for RIL to take our group of 9 to take a trip to Pompeii from Rome. We've also arranged a guide for the ruins through them.

And we're doing the Vatican through them too, with the added guide.

So excited, your comments make me feel even better about my choice since I'm the one arranging for our group.

Not sure I can add anything more to the excellent reviews here about RIL.

We used them this past September for three tours Rome with Vinny, Naples with Giovanni,and Livorno with Gian (sigh) ! LOL;)

From the organizing with Jany (who never sleeps) , to most the gracious, fun, entertaining and knowledgeable drivers, these were absolutely the best tours.

We are returning to the Med again this September, and have booked all of our Italy tours with Duman& RIL ...can't wait !:D

Terry

I have read where people take an hour long leisurely lunch on this tour but was wondering if that type of lunch rushed you when you were going through the Vatican ? I have read that most get their Vatican tickets for 2 pm and it also takes 2+ hours to see it properly. Are you being rushed if you wait for 2 pm or should you get the tickets for and earlier time and forego a longer lunch ? I do not want to see us jeopardizing getting back to the ship on time. Just wondering what others experiences were on this tour with regards to a longer lunch and if took away from seeing things properly.

Edited by D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

I have read where people take an hour long leisurely lunch on this tour but was wondering if that type of lunch rushed you when you were going through the Vatican ? I have read that most get their Vatican tickets for 2 pm and it also takes 2+ hours to see it properly. Are you being rushed if you wait for 2 pm or should you get the tickets for and earlier time and forego a longer lunch ? I do not want to see us jeopardizing getting back to the ship on time. Just wondering what others experiences were on this tour with regards to a longer lunch and if took away from seeing things properly.
Whether you prefer a leisurely lunch or more time in the Vatican is an entirely personal decision. My wife and my parents would prefer a leisurely lunch, but my kids and I would much rather spend the time in the Vatican. The Vatican Museums alone could take two days so 2 hours will already be rushing it in my opinion. And this doesn't include the Sistine Chapel, the basilica, the tombs, etc. I would recommend a shorter lunch and getting into the Vatican Museums by 12:30 or 1 pm when the lines are reasonably short.

Romeinlimo and their guides are great so you can always play it by ear during the tour. However I strongly recommend you and your group decide what your priorities are. Have a great trip! :)

Edited by Terpnut

We opted for a short simple lunch so we could spend more time in the Vatican and we still had to more 'briskly' to see it all. As someone else already stated you need days to see it properly. So I guess you will have to decide how important a leisurely lunch is for you. Have a great time :)

We used Rome in Limo and it was the best amount of money we spent on our entire stint in Europe! It was so helpful Nikola was our guide and he was fabulous. We didn't go to the Vatican though and can't imagine seeing all the incredible things we did if we went there (ie Knights of Malta keyhole, catacombs, etc.) We did a separate tour for the Vatican on a separate day (through Eden Walks tour) which was just as fabulous. You won't have the opportunity to poke into all the churches, go outside the city limits to the Appian way, etc if you visit the Vatican on the same day.

For the Vatican: It took around 2-4 hours, can't really remember but it was also super worth it and made the experience so much more amazing. I wouldn't have known what I was looking at without them there. At the end we toured through the Vatican catacombs (separate from the ones I mentioned above) on our own. Hope that helps! ;)

One of the wonderful things about using Romeinlimo is that you can customize the tour the way you want it.

In planning for our trip, I corresponded regularly with Jany at RIL. She always replied promptly to my questions and offered suggestions so we could make the best use of our time.

We spent four days in Rome pre-cruise, and booked 4 tours and 3 transfers with Romeinlimo.

I give RIL my highest recommendation.

Upon arrival at FCO, a RIL driver was waiting for us with our name on a sign, and off we went in a beautiful, air-conditioned Mercedes to our hotel. We checked in to our hotel, freshened up and were waiting in the hotel lobby for our next driver to pick us up for our Vatican tour. We were surprised when the owner of RIL, Duman, came to our hotel along with Sarah, our guide for the Vatican, to drive us to the Vatican.

Duman is wonderful, very professional and gracious.

Rome Day 2 – Full day tour of all the Rome highlights. Our driver, Angelo, was punctual, professional and very accommodating. He maneuvered the car around all the little streets that a big tour bus could not possibly manage. We saw so much in one day, and never felt rushed. Angelo always had cold water for us, and took us to a great place for lunch. At the end of our long day, Angelo gave us a nice bottle of Chianti to enjoy.

Rome Day 3 – Tivoli and Villa d’ Este tour and Borghese Gallery. Angelo was our driver again for this. I told him in the morning that I would like to see Borghese (not realizing I needed advanced reservations) and he made all of the arrangements for us to have the last tour of the day. We also went to the Catacombs. Again, his knowledge and communication skills were excellent. He truly knows his way around Rome, and the backstreets and shortcuts of getting to the best sites.

Rome Day 4 – Etruscan tour and transfer to port. We shared this tour with some great people I met on our Roll Call. Salvatore was our driver, and he was great. After visiting the Etruscan tombs, he took us to a local wine and olive oil tasting, and then to a restaurant. The restaurant had a beautiful view, and the BEST food I ate in Italy. After a wonderful day, Salvatore dropped us off at the port in Civitavecchia.

While in Trapani, Sicily, we used Romeinlimo for our tour. There were 7 of us from our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Our driver was right at the port waiting for us in a new Mercedes minibus. We visited the salt mines and Marsala. We went for a wine tasting at the Pelligrino winery. It was a wonderful day.

My DD and SIL are going to Rome in a few weeks, and they have their tours booked with RIL.

We are planning another trip to Italy this summer and have already booked some tours and transfers with RIL. They are simply the best!

Bobbie

To echo all the good comments about Rome in Limo we used them for 3 of our Port stops in October of 2009 - Livorno, 2 days in Rome and Naples. The drivers made sure we saw the sights we wanted and suggested some others, took us to great places for lunch, leather shopping in Florence and gelato just before we would head back to the ship. We used a RIL guide for the Vatican and the Colosseum/Forum in rome and for Pompeii and were delighted with all 3.

We had our Vatican tickets for 1 o'clock and had sandwiches near there at a place recommended by RIL. Don't waste your special tour time doing a big, long lunch that day. Do that on the Amalfi Coast, if you are going there. I'm away right now, but will check in here when I get home to see if I can be of further help. The sandwiches were fantastic and so is Romeinlimo. You are going to LOVE it. Alice

This will be our 3rd time using Romeinlimo this May and I echo all the previous comments about this company. They have become the BRAND for private tour companies in Italy. The driver/guides are always

accommodating...including particular interests and customizing itineraries, stopping for gelatos or finding unusual eateries, etc. They are very knowledgeable and reliable. The most important quality of Rome In Limo is that there are no surprises as they are consistent in their excellent service to visitors and tourists.

One of the wonderful things about using Romeinlimo is that you can customize the tour the way you want it.

In planning for our trip, I corresponded regularly with Jany at RIL. She always replied promptly to my questions and offered suggestions so we could make the best use of our time.

We spent four days in Rome pre-cruise, and booked 4 tours and 3 transfers with Romeinlimo.

I give RIL my highest recommendation.

Upon arrival at FCO, a RIL driver was waiting for us with our name on a sign, and off we went in a beautiful, air-conditioned Mercedes to our hotel. We checked in to our hotel, freshened up and were waiting in the hotel lobby for our next driver to pick us up for our Vatican tour. We were surprised when the owner of RIL, Duman, came to our hotel along with Sarah, our guide for the Vatican, to drive us to the Vatican.

Duman is wonderful, very professional and gracious.

Rome Day 2 – Full day tour of all the Rome highlights. Our driver, Angelo, was punctual, professional and very accommodating. He maneuvered the car around all the little streets that a big tour bus could not possibly manage. We saw so much in one day, and never felt rushed. Angelo always had cold water for us, and took us to a great place for lunch. At the end of our long day, Angelo gave us a nice bottle of Chianti to enjoy.

Rome Day 3 – Tivoli and Villa d’ Este tour and Borghese Gallery. Angelo was our driver again for this. I told him in the morning that I would like to see Borghese (not realizing I needed advanced reservations) and he made all of the arrangements for us to have the last tour of the day. We also went to the Catacombs. Again, his knowledge and communication skills were excellent. He truly knows his way around Rome, and the backstreets and shortcuts of getting to the best sites.

Rome Day 4 – Etruscan tour and transfer to port. We shared this tour with some great people I met on our Roll Call. Salvatore was our driver, and he was great. After visiting the Etruscan tombs, he took us to a local wine and olive oil tasting, and then to a restaurant. The restaurant had a beautiful view, and the BEST food I ate in Italy. After a wonderful day, Salvatore dropped us off at the port in Civitavecchia.

While in Trapani, Sicily, we used Romeinlimo for our tour. There were 7 of us from our Cruise Critic Roll Call. Our driver was right at the port waiting for us in a new Mercedes minibus. We visited the salt mines and Marsala. We went for a wine tasting at the Pelligrino winery. It was a wonderful day.

My DD and SIL are going to Rome in a few weeks, and they have their tours booked with RIL.

We are planning another trip to Italy this summer and have already booked some tours and transfers with RIL. They are simply the best!

Bobbie

WOW now to spend more than a cruise day in port!!! What great things you did--we used RIL for Rome in Dec 2009--what a great time. Still trying to find the RIGHT cruise to come back on. BUT must have Naples-Florence & VENICE on the stop, & will used RIL on all. (trying hard for this fall--but might not happen--keep hunting thru specials.)

I found for anyone taking this tour (or I suppose ANY private tour) get your group together on the ship & come off together--SAVES lots of time with people milling about off the ship & you will be lots of time ahead of the others.!!

We did have lunch (PIZZA & WINE)--followed up around the corner for Gelato-although I didn't have enough time to finish that. But NEVER felt rushed. Great company to use.

Hey Tom and Sylvia--

You should check out the RCI Oct. 22 sailing out of Venice. It includes Naples and Florence along with some other great stops. We got a fabulous deal with an online TA.

And I second the advice about gathering your group on the ship and leaving together...no matter how small the group.

Jo Ann

We used Romeinlimo for our Rome and Vatican tour and our tickets were not until 2 and we had lots of time at the Vatican. They also took us to so many other places in Rome and our lunch was not rushed at all. There were 16 of us in our group and our guide kept us rounded up and gave us a very good tour with lots of info. The best tour company I have ever used. Linda