RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

i bet LOL! Thanks for the info. there are 4 in our group and i'm hoping to get 4 more. I just checked and there was no roll call for my cruise yet so I started one.

Is it pretty easy to get others to join? Jany recommended the roll call, but also said I could sign up on their website. I'm hoping we get at least 2-4 more to join.

i bet LOL! Thanks for the info. there are 4 in our group and i'm hoping to get 4 more. I just checked and there was no roll call for my cruise yet so I started one.

Is it pretty easy to get others to join? Jany recommended the roll call, but also said I could sign up on their website. I'm hoping we get at least 2-4 more to join.

You don't need a guide for the Coliseum UNLESS you want to do the underground tour....which is wonderful...something you should consider....

Never knew about an *underground* tour?

RIL did not give an option for that?

Hmmmm :o

Happy Cruising....

DonnaF :D

The Underground Tour is handled by tour guides only at the Colosseum. We did it last year. RIL does not set this up for you. You get it yourself ahead of time. There are only about 24 per group and only about 3 tours of english speaking a day, so you have to be diligent about it. You can coordinate with RIL if you want them to drop you off and you have the tickets reserved ahead of time and waiting for you. Last summer you could only reserve about 30-45 days in advance and they do not do it all months of the year.

It's a great tour, you see the underground and then you go up to the restricted upper levels. The view is amazing! Only downside is the guides are not the best.

If you search for Colosseum underground tour on here you will find more info and links.

The Underground Tour is handled by tour guides only at the Colosseum. We did it last year. RIL does not set this up for you. You get it yourself ahead of time. There are only about 24 per group and only about 3 tours of english speaking a day, so you have to be diligent about it. You can coordinate with RIL if you want them to drop you off and you have the tickets reserved ahead of time and waiting for you. Last summer you could only reserve about 30-45 days in advance and they do not do it all months of the year.

It's a great tour, you see the underground and then you go up to the restricted upper levels. The view is amazing! Only downside is the guides are not the best.

If you search for Colosseum underground tour on here you will find more info and links.

Our guide was wonderful, so I guess it's hit or miss. She really knew her history and was very helpful. You buy your tickets on line ahead of time and meet inside the Coliseum, it really is cool and worth it to me and it's not expensive, I don't remember exact amount but it also allows admission into the rest of the Coliseum and the Forum for the rest of the day.

Just returned from a Med cruise and used RomeInLimo in 3 ports. There were 6 of us in the vehicle in 2 ports and another joined to make it 7 at the last port. I will say these tours were excellent and the best decision I ever made. Jany was so helpful to work with and always answered my questions in a very timely manner. Quoted below is a "thank you" I emailed her upon our return. I would never hesitate to use their services again!

"I want to take this opportunity to thank you and Rome in Limo for three of the greatest excursions we have ever taken while using your services in Livorno/Florence, Civitavecchia/Rome and Naples while cruising on the Celebrity Solstice these past two weeks. Your company came highly recommended from other cruisers on the Cruise Critic message board and now I know why. Your drivers, Laura in Florence, Sergio in Rome and Carmine in Naples were the best I have EVER had while using private tours when cruising into foreign ports. Each of these drivers were unique in their own individual way, very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and just a real pleasure to spend the day with. By the end of the tour, we actually felt like we made a new friend and became a part of their family for a day."

Just returned from a Med cruise and used RomeInLimo in 3 ports. There were 6 of us in the vehicle in 2 ports and another joined to make it 7 at the last port. I will say these tours were excellent and the best decision I ever made. Jany was so helpful to work with and always answered my questions in a very timely manner. Quoted below is a "thank you" I emailed her upon our return. I would never hesitate to use their services again!

"I want to take this opportunity to thank you and Rome in Limo for three of the greatest excursions we have ever taken while using your services in Livorno/Florence, Civitavecchia/Rome and Naples while cruising on the Celebrity Solstice these past two weeks. Your company came highly recommended from other cruisers on the Cruise Critic message board and now I know why. Your drivers, Laura in Florence, Sergio in Rome and Carmine in Naples were the best I have EVER had while using private tours when cruising into foreign ports. Each of these drivers were unique in their own individual way, very friendly, extremely knowledgeable and just a real pleasure to spend the day with. By the end of the tour, we actually felt like we made a new friend and became a part of their family for a day."

That's awesome to hear! I'm really getting excited about this and it's not for several more months ;-). Thanks for your mini review!

We booked Pisa and Florence, Rome Highlights and Herculaneum, Amalfi and Positano (Naples). Our drivers were Elisabeth, Mike (Mauro), and Giovanni. All very professional and personable with a passion for their home cities.

We loved all three tours! And working with Jany was a pleasure. A perfect 10 all around!

After reading many reviews on Rome in Limo I decided to contact the company and book everything we could with them. We were a large group of over 50 people. We used Rome in Limo for Rome Day and also Night tour, Naples, and Florence, as well as transfers from our hotels to the cruise ship. We were never disappointed and their service is above and beyond. They go the extra mile to make you happy. They were always there waiting for all tours before their scheduled time, with friendly drivers. Vehicles were all in excellent condition. The knowledge of their drivers and guides amaze me. I could never say enough about this company.

We had the following guides and drivers for our services with Rome in Limo -

-Serena was our guide for a day in Rome - tour of 16 people - She was excellent. You could never ask for a better guide and I would highly recommend asking for her if you are looking for a Rome in Limo Day Tour of Rome. She was very friendly, answered all questions, and took us everywhere in Rome. She is just the kind of person you can really warm up to, and become friends very quickly. She was wonderful!

- Marco and Francesco were our drivers on our night tour of Rome, - who had champagne for our group of 15. We had a busy day walking with the day tour and everyone was very tired and did not want to walk far. They were wonderful at tweaking our itinerary, and getting us very close to sights where we did not have to do a lot of walking on the Night Tour. Rome is just as beautiful after dark as it is in the day time.

- Maurizio drove us to the port - a very fast driver, but got us there with no problems. We also had a second vehicle, but sorry I do not remember the name of the second driver. We had two vehicles of 8 passengers per vehicle.

- In Livorno / Florence we had 5 vehicles of 8 per vehicle. Our drivers were Gianmaria, Vinny, Fabrizio, Riccardo and Giovanni. Each vehicle thought they had the best drivers and everyone had a wonderful day.

- Port of Naples, we had four vehicles of 8 people per vehicle. Carmine, Giampiero, Americo and Luigi - I must say Carmine made our whole vacation! I rate him as the #1 tour driver of all times, and this is over 35 cruises for us. He made our day so much fun, and we fell in love with him from the time we left the port. So friendly, and so funny! He is a real great guy and Rome and Limo should be very proud to have him on staff. This was by far my most favorite day. If you get a chance to ever go here, ask for Carmine and you will have the best tour possible. Sorrento was wonderful and wish we would of had more time here, but our ship was 1.5 hours late docking so we lost some tour time, but Carmine did a very good job of making up time and working with the schedule. Pompeii was much larger then I was expecting and we did not see a lot of it in the two hours scheduled, but enjoyed every minute of the time we did have there. Amalfi Coast was breathtaking and the highlight of the trip! We stopped on the mountain top for lunch and had the most amazing view you could ever ask for, with real Italian food made by Mamma. Thanks so much for taking us here!

Please book your tours with Rome in Limo you will be glad you did! Our group of 50+ loved every tour, and their friendly service!

Chris and Shelley Roach

PEI Canada

After reading many reviews on Rome in Limo I decided to contact the company and book everything we could with them. We were a large group of over 50 people. We used Rome in Limo for Rome Day and also Night tour, Naples, and Florence, as well as transfers from our hotels to the cruise ship. We were never disappointed and their service is above and beyond. They go the extra mile to make you happy. They were always there waiting for all tours before their scheduled time, with friendly drivers. Vehicles were all in excellent condition. The knowledge of their drivers and guides amaze me. I could never say enough about this company.

We had the following guides and drivers for our services with Rome in Limo -

-Serena was our guide for a day in Rome - tour of 16 people - She was excellent. You could never ask for a better guide and I would highly recommend asking for her if you are looking for a Rome in Limo Day Tour of Rome. She was very friendly, answered all questions, and took us everywhere in Rome. She is just the kind of person you can really warm up to, and become friends very quickly. She was wonderful!

- Marco and Francesco were our drivers on our night tour of Rome, - who had champagne for our group of 15. We had a busy day walking with the day tour and everyone was very tired and did not want to walk far. They were wonderful at tweaking our itinerary, and getting us very close to sights where we did not have to do a lot of walking on the Night Tour. Rome is just as beautiful after dark as it is in the day time.

- Maurizio drove us to the port - a very fast driver, but got us there with no problems. We also had a second vehicle, but sorry I do not remember the name of the second driver. We had two vehicles of 8 passengers per vehicle.

- In Livorno / Florence we had 5 vehicles of 8 per vehicle. Our drivers were Gianmaria, Vinny, Fabrizio, Riccardo and Giovanni. Each vehicle thought they had the best drivers and everyone had a wonderful day.

- Port of Naples, we had four vehicles of 8 people per vehicle. Carmine, Giampiero, Americo and Luigi - I must say Carmine made our whole vacation! I rate him as the #1 tour driver of all times, and this is over 35 cruises for us. He made our day so much fun, and we fell in love with him from the time we left the port. So friendly, and so funny! He is a real great guy and Rome and Limo should be very proud to have him on staff. This was by far my most favorite day. If you get a chance to ever go here, ask for Carmine and you will have the best tour possible. Sorrento was wonderful and wish we would of had more time here, but our ship was 1.5 hours late docking so we lost some tour time, but Carmine did a very good job of making up time and working with the schedule. Pompeii was much larger then I was expecting and we did not see a lot of it in the two hours scheduled, but enjoyed every minute of the time we did have there. Amalfi Coast was breathtaking and the highlight of the trip! We stopped on the mountain top for lunch and had the most amazing view you could ever ask for, with real Italian food made by Mamma. Thanks so much for taking us here!

Please book your tours with Rome in Limo you will be glad you did! Our group of 50+ loved every tour, and their friendly service!

Chris and Shelley Roach

PEI Canada

Serena was our guide for both our walking tour and our Vatican tour....she was wonderful....felt like we were friends at the end. This company does such a good job, we've used for two different trips and many different tours and transports and all were excellent....you might find another company for a few less dollars but the trust that I have in RIL to get the job done is well worth every penny spent.

We had one of the best tours ever with Rome in LImo. We were on a cruise ship in the Port of Livorno. We were picked up promptly and taken to Sienna and San Gimignano by one of the best tour guides we have ever had. She was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us a running commentary as we were driving. She, aside from her knowledge and love of the area, was so charming and delightful that we all fell in love with her. In fact we are again going to Livorno in May, and have booked Rome In Limo and specifically asked for the same guide. The vehicle that we had was the most comfortable we have toured in . The eight of us on that tour all agreed that it was the best day of the cruise. I highly recommend Rome in Limo for our tours in Italy.

We also recently used Rome in Limo. Jany is so wonderful to deal with. Very prompt with email replies and full of helpful suggestions. Of all the private excursions we used during our cruise we felt Rome in Limo was the most professional. Marco was our full day guide for Pisa/Florence and he was extremely knowlegable. The larger van was so clean and comfortable. We got to Pisa well before the 'buses' arrived and Marco lead us through the streets of Florence telling us such interesting facts along the way. We did the Accademia Museum and had a great lunch in a local restaurant.

The next day 8 of our group did a Rome/Vatican tour and say it was the absolute highlight of their trip. They could not stop thanking me for arranging it, it was a huge hit. Their guide I believe was Serena? And because of her, they all plan to return to Rome for a longer stay.

This is the second time in the past 3 years I have used Rome in Limo and they continue to exceed my expectations. They are simply the BEST!

If you only had one night to see Rome and and wanted to do it right this is your tour!! We spent one night in Rome between our Silver Anniversay tour of Venice, Florence, Rome pre cruise, Royal Carribean Eastern Med cruise and back to Rome for 3 days post cruise adventure.

I booked "Rome in a Limo" for the hight before we took the train to the port for the cruise. As a surprise present for my bride of 25 years.

This is considered one of the highlites of our trip.

Angelo our driver was professional, extremely knowledgeable and informative. Angello is to be considered the bench mark by which all 5 star tours should be rated. We had access to many points we would have never been able to see in such a limited time as well as a professional photographer. This tour gave us an educated backround on what to see on our return to Rome after the trip. Book with this company and ask for Angelo and you will not be dissapointed.

Question about ride sharing. How successful has it been? We have a group of 4 of us, and we would love to be able to make it a group of 8 to save money. Jany suggested using our roll call on these boards and she also suggested we sign up on their rome in limo sharing website. I have started a thread in the Royal Caribbean "Meet and Mingle" roll call thread for Libert of the Seas, but so far no one has posted anything at all. Again, this may be because we are still several months out too :-)

I guess I"m wondering do most of you have good experiences finding others to join you on your tour? We were told we could sign up and cancel if we don't have enough in our party, but I think regardless we'll go even if it's just the four of us. I would just really love to be able to save a little money by having 2-4 more join our party.

We are looking to do the Rome Highlights tour. Also, our sailing isn't until April. Can someone tell me how far in advance you would recommend booking with them?

Hello slyster, I have used RIL many, many times and have always had great respose to getting folks to join a tour from the Roll Call thread.

If there no responses on the roll call thread maybe try listing it as Liberty OTS and the sail date, it may catch someones eye easier. Little response may also be that it is a 5 day cruise, who knows. I will tell you with no hesitation that the 4 of you will have a great day touring with RIL. They have made soooo many wonderful memories for us and friends (both new & old). If you donot get anyone else, just go and enjoy, it is worth every penny and more.

I hope you have a great trip.

BTW: we used to be old neighbors (kinda), we lived in Northern VA for 17 years.

Rosemarie :)

Hi Rosemarie...thank you! Did you see my thread in the meet and mingle? I'm asking because I named it without Liberty of the Seas in the title. I figured since it was in the Liberty of the Seas section, folks would know. However, later on, I began to notice almost all the titles had the name Liberty of the Seas in it LOL!

Maybe being this early, I should just make another one. It's almost to page two anyway.

I have no doubts that RIL will give us a wonderful experience. With my group, they seem to agree that RIL will give us a more personable, more relaxing trip than the excursion provided by Royal Caribbean, however we have to consider our budget. That's why we are hoping to get at least 2-4 more to join us so that we will actually, not only have a WONDERFUL experience, but we'll also save a little money too. You can't beat that!

However, I do think I have them convinced even if we aren't able to get others to join us, it's still worth paying a little bit more to have that great, personable, more relaxing experience :-)

Thanks for your post...oh, and my mom and dad actually live in Fredericksburg, VA...that's probably even closer to where you used to live!

Hopefully you can get 2 - 4 more ppl to join you, because if RIL is really booked up [which they often are in Rome] they will give you a Mercedes sedan so 3 in the back and one in the front with the driver. Not very comfy for 4 ppl. If you have more ppl you will get a van. Our friends had a sedan for 4 of them and it wasn't as comfy a ride as it could have been. Just saying......

Happy Cruising....

DonnaF :D

Question about ride sharing. How successful has it been?

We are looking to do the Rome Highlights tour. Also, our sailing isn't until April. Can someone tell me how far in advance you would recommend booking with them?

Hello Slyster!

Just wanted to tell you... I would join your Roll Call NOW and advertise your tour on there NOW... and go ahead and open-up your Rome Highlights Tour with RIL Tour Sharing... NOW. You have plenty of time to get a great response.. and you probably will! :D

We are cruising October 2013 and I started two different RIL tour groups (of 8) last month... and we are now down to only needing 4 more people. I have been following some European cruise roll calls (Carnival) for April & May 2013 and two of those roll calls have already had groups of 8 be completely filled-up and closed so they are having to start new groups. Anyway, here is a link to our current roll call and if you look at this page (and the previous page) you can see how I've tried to "sell" the RIL tour to my fellow cruisers... so they have an idea of what we will be doing that day and a link to sign-up, etc... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572272&page=7 Hope this helps you! :)

Hubby, parents and I used Rome in Limo on 10-4 for Rome Off the Carnival Breeze. I was sceptical at first, as the glowing reviews seemed too good to be true, but it turns out we wished we had used them in every port. Shared between 4 people, the small extra cost over cruise excursions is minimal and you cannot beat the experience of ditching the cattle call.

Mike was our driver and he was right outside the ship waiting for us. I swear he must have had a PHD in history because he knew every fact from ancient times to present and no question stumped him. Even more priceless, was his unofficial knowledge as a local and what it was like to live there. He also took us to places no one else would see.

When RIL says they use Mercedes, they mean it and they are comfortable. The 4 of us had an SUV with plenty of room and it was quite comfy. Mike got us close to every site too which was awesome. He got us mere steps away from most of the sites. Even better, he knew how to bypass the lines which saved frustration and allowed us to see everything we wanted.

In one day, we saw St. Peters Square and Cathedral, the Pantheon, Circus Maximus, The Forum, The Colisseum inside, Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps, The Malta Nights, the tallest hill above Rome where the views were amazing, had a long lunch and even went to a grocery store to get some olive oil and vinegar. We had a few hours left over had we wanted to do something else, but we were tired by that point. I had wanted to go to the catecombs, but Mike knew that there were many steps which might be wet and a couple of us with limited mobility decided it wasn't a good idea We were taken right back to the ship at the end of a perfect day.

If you are hesitating about the cost or anything else about Rome in Limo, don't. It is the perfect way to do european cities and the cost for 4 is not much more than doing the cruise ship excursions where, even if you just use the transportation only, is still a cattle call. Honestly, although it was a great cruise, every port after Rome was rather disappointing after our perfect experience with Rome in Limo and Mike.

Just do it! You won't be sorry! Rome in Limo will take an awesome cruise and make it perfect! Thanks Mike and RIL, we forever treasure our perfect day!

We recently used Rome In Limo for a Highlights of Rome tour when we were on the Oct. 6, 2012 sailing of the Liberty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). Nick, our driver and guide, was very personable,knowledgeable, & fun! He took us to a small neighborhood restaurant so we could taste the pizza for lunch and stopped for some delicious gelato! He certainly showed us the beautiful city of Rome and advised us how to get in and out of places easily! We had a very enjoyable day and would definitely recommend this tour company!