RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Well, you have made us all curious. You can only use your credit card for holding your reservations since you have to pay in cash or travelers checks so we are wondering what kind of problems you might have had. I know I gave my credit card and had no issues and so has everyone else that has used them as that is the only way to hold the reservation. I'm guessing there must have been some fraud on the card. Have you used it anywhere else on line?

Question on vehicle size for RIL. We need a vehicle for four people for touring Rome. I see that the Mercedes sedan is recommended. My husband is 6'3". The other two people are adults as well. Is the sedan going to be comfortable for us or do we need to book the minivan? Thanks!

Its just a regular sedan so you need to ask yourself... If your husband sits in the front seat his seat will need to be pushed back for his legs which means a short person needs to sit behind him. The three butts will be side by side in the back. How wide are they? I could have done it with my adult children but it would have been snug and touching will be involved. Three over weight people will NOT be comfortable.

Edited by notentirelynormal

We had no problems, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point their web site that handles the credit card entry was compromised, possibly without their knowledge. That happened to us somewhere else and the service provider didn't know until we told them, since the breach was at their host.

Yes, at least 3 of us that I know of and no we didn´t all go on the same tour or on the same cruise. I don´t want to go into too much detail at this time because of credit card investigations. I was just curious in case there were other people who had.

Sandy in Spain

We had the minivan for a group of 8 in each port. The styles vary, the one in Rome was a little cozier in the front seat for 2, but the 6 in the back were fine. Plenty of headroom for me at 5'11. I would contact Jany directly and explain your concern, depending on bookings that day they may be able to work something out (each driver has their own vehicle it seems, so they may be able to arrange things to get a more spacious sedan or something).

Thanks! Kind of like we ride in taxis! "Touching" ---it is a long ride from port to Rome so it would be cozy to say the least. and the two adults are our children! Have you seen the minivans?

Thanks! Kind of like we ride in taxis! "Touching" ---it is a long ride from port to Rome so it would be cozy to say the least. and the two adults are our children! Have you seen the minivans?

We had a comfortable mini van for 4 of us, hotel to port. Tell them you have lots of bags. You will get a van, not a sedan.

Question on vehicle size for RIL. We need a vehicle for four people for touring Rome. I see that the Mercedes sedan is recommended. My husband is 6'3". The other two people are adults as well. Is the sedan going to be comfortable for us or do we need to book the minivan? Thanks!

I would book the mini van and try to get another couple to join you or embrace the cost:D I booked a sedan once for just my mother and me. But, I met some people on my Roll Call that I ended up clicking with and changed the booking to a mini van with no problem. I would not want a sedan for 4 people though. That's for sure.

snip... I'm guessing there must have been some fraud on the card. Have you used it anywhere else on line?

No the card was only used with RIL.

Still credit card fraud and police are sorting it out. From what I know from others who also had the same problem, the amounts were small on each card, but if there was a pattern of small amounts across large numbers of cards all for purchases in AUS it would all mount up.

But we could have just been unfortunate, or it might only have been a temporary employee...who knows or as Loonbeam wrote

<We had no problems, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point their web site that handles the credit card entry was compromised, possibly without their knowledge. That happened to us somewhere else and the service provider didn't know until we told them, since the breach was at their host.>

We did have a good enjoyable day tour with RIL, so I would use them again

Sandy in Spain

Email is probably less secure than the site.

Problems happen, but given the very limited number of reports, I'd wager this is not an ongoing issue and probably a single breach which has been secured.

I'm a bit wary now about giving my credit card on the RIL Sharing site. Is that the way most people reserve or is there an alternative (email/call)?

As was discussed a long time ago, one method to reduce the risk in this process is to send your credit card number in segments spread over 3-5 e mails. That way hacking one e mail doesn't get all the info, and if your credit card number does get stolen, it narrows the likely leaks a little. We have done this with a number of overseas bookings, and, thus far, no problems.

Yet another happy couple here telling you how great our day in Naples was with Raphael of Rome in Limo. We did the Naples (Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano) tour and it was wonderful! Raphael even took us to see an olive processing orchard that was over 400 years in the same family. We tasted different types of olive oil and I finally figured out why some are so much better than others. All the stops were great with just the right mix of time for shopping, lunch and touring. The Almafi coast was so beautiful and on the way back we listened to some excellent Italian music. The entire experience was perfect and well worth the money. I can highly recommend this operation. :D

Hi, our summer cruise takes us to the port of La Spezia. Trying to decide between RIL's excursions to Pisa/Lucca or Pisa/Florence. We will be there on a monday so accademia and uffizi museums will be closed. We want to climb the leaning tower in pisa.

Is it still worth the long car ride to go to Florence? or are we better off going to Lucca.

thanks, ellen

Hi, our summer cruise takes us to the port of La Spezia. Trying to decide between RIL's excursions to Pisa/Lucca or Pisa/Florence. We will be there on a monday so accademia and uffizi museums will be closed. We want to climb the leaning tower in pisa.

Is it still worth the long car ride to go to Florence? or are we better off going to Lucca.

thanks, ellen

We suggest the Lucca route. Lucca is an old city with lots of history. If you can request Ricardo as your guide, he is a walking history book and was born inside the city. Ricardo took us to an old winery in the country and knows the area well.

We just got back from our SECOND trip to Liverno port & Rome for a few days. I used Romeinlimo AGAIN as I did two years ago. Had groups which I found with my bookings and they as well as us found the tours & guides great. Yes we had a guide in the Vatican(this one was worth every penny as she knew the answers to every question as she was a walking history book), if you just want the Sisine Chapel and church you can skip the guide BUT you still as someone pointed out have to contend with the LONG lines to get in. I would recommend Romeinlimo to anyone who asks, Jany was great in getting the best for us. The other past trip we used them for Southern Italy ports, no change in my comments there.

Has anyone used RIL for their Pisa/Lucca tour? We have been to Florence before and are looking for something different on that day.

Also, how does it feel with 4 people in the sedan as opposed to the minivan? We have three relatively small people (myself and my two teen girls) and my regular-sized husband!

A sedan would be tight for 4 people although given your description the 3 ladies could squeeze in the back, given there is a bit of driving involved. I'd go with the minivan for comfort and also in case you do shopping and get something too fragile for the trunk.

Has anyone used RIL for their Pisa/Lucca tour? We have been to Florence before and are looking for something different on that day.

Also, how does it feel with 4 people in the sedan as opposed to the minivan? We have three relatively small people (myself and my two teen girls) and my regular-sized husband!

We just returned from our Curnard QE cruise which terminated in Rome (failed to make 3 of the scheduled ports - Isreal for rockets flying overhead, Eqypt for protestors at the port and Naples for severe weather). We arrived to the port IN THE RAIN... our driver Nicola was waiting for us at the assigned place with an umbrella and immediately loaded the luggage and got us into his Mercedes sedan with little effort and just slightly wet.

Our first stop was traffic, and as expected we were slightly late to meet our guide at the Vatican. Katherine was EXCELLENT ! ! ! her English was almost accent-free - she truely enjoyed telling us about the many sites inside that wonderful facility - from the statues, to the tapestries, the Sistine Chappel, the Bascillica and out to the square (in the rain). She even pointed out the place where the stove is placed to produce the smoke to tell of the selection of a new Pope.

Back to the car and the driving portion of the tour of Rome with many stops to roll down the window to take pictures (did I mention the rain?). Arriving at the Collesium, we walked quickly across the plaza after identifying our meeting point and time. WOW... even with the off and on again showers, that place is amazing.

Back to the car and some much needed lunch - Nicola dropped us off about 2 blocks from the Pantheon and suggested a couple of pizza places along the way. YUM :). Continuing along the trek and another stop or 2 we arrive at our hotel. Our great day with Nicola was complete.

We will certainly look to Rome-in-Limo again when we return to the Eternal City.

I had the most amazing tours with RIL last summer. Someone starts the tour on your roll call, and hopefully folks sign up, thus reducing your cost. I'm a solo traveler, so I was the 7th person in each tour. Cost was about 77-90 with tip. Soooooo far superior to bus tours. My three RIL tours were Rome, Florence, Piza and Tuscany, and the Amalfi coast! Can't rave enough.....if you are our or RIL, just post and get others on your cruise....easy...

We just returned from our Pacific Princess 18 day TA and used RIL on

the Amalfi Coast for the 3rd year in a row. Giavanni was our driver again

and was very accomodating and the service was excellent. We visited Ravello,

Positano and Amalfi this trip. We were disappointed that our favorite

restaurant, La Tagliata, in Positano, was closed for the season..... but

Giavanni took us to a local family-type restaurant in Ravello that was

very good. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. So much great food!

Giavanni tried to make our day special in many ways. We will always

use RomeinLimo for our tours.

Jules and Joanne in Arizona

Our our first visit to Rome in 2010 we were really happy with RomeinLimo and their attention to detail. It was a logistically complex and demanding schedule and Duman, Jany and crew handled it with grace and ease.

So it was a no-brainer to work with RomeinLimo again this year for a quick visit for our small group of 5.

Our flight was late to arrive but our RiL driver greeted us with a beaming smile and flawless service in and around some local protest activity, and the following day the charming, polite, careful Alberto took our group on a wonderful full day tour of Rome. Actually, a couple of our members thought they would only do a half-day tour and then set out on their own but Alberto was such a knowledgeable pleasure that we almost had to pry them out of the Mercedes at the end of the day.

And as a happy bonus we had Alberto the next day for our transfer to Celebrity Silhouette. For a company that stays so busy I can't figure out how they find the time to keep their vehicles so incredibly clean. It's a nice change from some of the vehicles we encounter here in Canada...

We are already making plans for a larger group in 2014, and RomeinLimo will once again be an integral part of our plans.

Happy Cruising,

Alan (and Teresa)

It is my understanding then that this company will do private tours my way? We want to spend our first day at the Vatican and our second day touring the rest of Rome. Will they pick us up at our hotel? Since this may be our only trip to Rome we want to see as much as possible and are hoping two full days will be enough. With a knowledgable guide it may be possible. My biggest fear is we would get there and try to do things on our own and just end up wasting time trying to find our way around. RomeinLimo sounds like it is just what we need and I am willing to pay to relax and take it all in!!!

Do I email or contact them on line requesting a private tour? Thanks in advance for your replies:)

It is my understanding then that this company will do private tours my way? Personalized tours? Absolutely. Custom intineries? Absolutely.We want to spend our first day at the Vatican and our second day touring the rest of Rome. Will they pick us up at our hotel? Of course. Since this may be our only trip to Rome we want to see as much as possible and are hoping two full days will be enough. With a knowledgable guide it may be possible. My biggest fear is we would get there and try to do things on our own and just end up wasting time trying to find our way around. RomeinLimo sounds like it is just what we need and I am willing to pay to relax and take it all in!!!

Do I email or contact them on line requesting a private tour? Either will work. Thanks in advance for your replies:)

If your read back on this thread you will see many examples of each of the questions you have. Jany is incrdible to work with, and they will make sure you get the most out of your time.

Edited by CruiserBruce