RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Had the greatest time - used Rome in Limo for both Rome and Florence & Tuscany... had Serena in Rome and she was AMAZING and had Claro for Florence & Tuscany... Claro was able to switch things around for us last minute... again, a truly great company! Jany dealt with all of my annoying and numerous questions before hand and always extremely helpful.

With all the positive things about Rome in Limo I can't think of anything that I could add. Wonderful, Fabulous, Terrific.... etc.

We booked the Florence,Pisa tour and had Vinny as our guide. He was wonderful, planned all down to reserv. for fabulous lunch.

We also booked Rome and Vatican,Sistine Chapel with recommended guide. Maurizio was our guide and Katherine the sistine chapel guide. Both were fabulous and again, terrific italian lunch.

We booked Amalfi Coast/Naples tour; this time we had Gianlucas as our guide and the most fantastic lunch in DaConstantino in Positano.

Really can't say enough about RomeinLimo. If you could give 10 Stars I would.

Oooh, we've eaten here before in Positano also and LOVED it. I still have an ashtray they gave me (strange but cool) and I use it for dipping oil. lol

I have just returned from a three week dream vacation in Europe, which included a 12-night cruise on the Carnival Breeze. We pre-booked 4 tours with Rome In Limo: Messina/Sicily, Naples, Florence, and Rome. All 4 were outstanding. We were traveling with a group of 4 and added others to the group from our Facebook roll call for 3 of the tours. (We wanted a small group for Rome since we had to cover a lot of ground.)

In Messina, our driver/guide was Corrado, a wonderful young man who hiked up the volcano with us, showing us incredible sights. We also visited Taormina, and Corrado gave us a great lunch recommendation. We had a pretty short day in that port (back on board deadline of 3:30 pm), and Corrado made sure we got back with time to spare.

In Naples, our driver was Giovanni. He drove us to Positano, Sorrento, and Pompei. Because we had to cover a lot of distance in just one day, we didn't have as much time to see everything as we would have liked, but that's a limitation of a cruise. He was very efficient and again, got us back with plenty of time to spare.

In Rome, our guide/driver was Marco. We loved him!!! We had pre-booked our Vatican and Colusseum tickets, and he knew how to get us to the front of every line. He also knows the roads inside/out, and almost magically was able to find a creative parking/drop-off spot for each sight. Seriously, in one day, we had quality time at the Vatican, Sistine Chapel, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Colusseum, with extra time for picture taking at the Forum.

In Florence, our guide/driver was Marcia (English spelling). She was great. We had pre-booked tickets for Accademia for the morning, so she gave us a great city view on the drive in (plenty of photo taking moments), and then we hit the city. We delayed lunch until we got to the second half of the day in Tuscany. Her lunch recommendation was also great. Marcia kept us on pace for a timely return to the ship. She was very informative during the long drives.

Rome In Limo is very professional, from booking on-line, to timely pickup outside the ship, to providing wonderful and efficient drivers and guides. We also enjoyed the discount for arranging multiple tours. I highly recommend them. Don't take a cruise ship tour. Who wants to be stuck on a bus with 50 people who all want to eat, go to the bathroom, and see sights at different paces? Smaller groups enable more flexibility and more time to tour the magnificant Italian sights.

And yes, we generously tipped the guides/drivers. They deserved it!

We've booked with Romeinlimo for our Florence/Pisa and Rome visits next month. We have a driver picking us up at the port each day and will have the services of a guide for four hours at the main sights. Total cost is 500 Euro for the basic service and an additional 200 Euro for our guide. How much would you suggest we give each as a tip?

Thanks!

My apologies if this has already been answered. I skimmed the many, many postings on this thread and did not find the answer if it was there already.

We just did RomeinLimo on the Carnival Breeze. It was our second time using them in Livorno. Our driver was Elisabetta and she was great! We have kids ages 12/8 that were with us. We went to Lucca for a nice walk around the city and she was great pointing out the sites and taking time with us. We then went to Montecarlo to a winery and had a great lunch and wine tasting. They were not stingy on the wine to say the least and the price for lunch for 4 (including wine) was 45 Euro. After that we went to Pisa for the tower climb. One of my bucket list items and I was thrilled to do it.

RomeinLimo is great and highly recommend them. Cost was 500 Euro and well worth it. Price it against the cruise line any day. They are well worth it.

We've booked with Romeinlimo for our Florence/Pisa and Rome visits next month. We have a driver picking us up at the port each day and will have the services of a guide for four hours at the main sights. Total cost is 500 Euro for the basic service and an additional 200 Euro for our guide. How much would you suggest we give each as a tip?

Thanks!

My apologies if this has already been answered. I skimmed the many, many postings on this thread and did not find the answer if it was there already.

15% was our starting point.

We had very limited time while in Rome and wanted to see specific sites. RomeinLimo provided our transfers and a one day private tour and we were very pleased with their service. They were punctual, experienced and professional. Nicola and Giulia were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We will be using RomeinLimo again, hopefully in a near future.

My experience with Rome in Limo mirrors the others. Great tour guides, comfortable transportation, lots of info, etc. Highly recommend using them over any of the ship options.

For the couple that have only two - RIL has a sharing website where you can see what other tours are booked and looking for participants. Not sure how you list your own tour but I'm sure RIL would help you out with that. www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/ Good luck.

We tipped an average of 10% of the full cost of the tour and split it between the participants, usually worked out to 5 - 10 Euros per person. I agree that 20 Euros per person seems high.

Rome in Limo met our needs very well. If you can gather 6 people, it is much cheaper than the ship's excursions. Our driver, Clara, in Florence, increased our enjoyment of this port day. A scenic drive instead of the highway to Florence, and a stop of everything we wanted to see as well as her recommended sights.

My experience with Rome in Limo mirrors the others. Great tour guides, comfortable transportation, lots of info, etc. Highly recommend using them over any of the ship options.

For the couple that have only two - RIL has a sharing website where you can see what other tours are booked and looking for participants. Not sure how you list your own tour but I'm sure RIL would help you out with that. www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/ Good luck.

We tipped an average of 10% of the full cost of the tour and split it between the participants, usually worked out to 5 - 10 Euros per person. I agree that 20 Euros per person seems high.

Thank for that sharing tour site link and suggestion, is very helpful :)

I found RomeInLimo to be absolutely wonderful! My husband and I recently returned from a Mediterranean cruise, which included Italian stops in Florence, Rome, and the Amalfi Coast. We were fortunate enough to be part of RomeInLimo tours at our Rome and Amalfi (Salerno) ports. I have started a blog about our experience. My latest two entries are about Rome (and I'm not even finished). We saw SO much there, thanks to having a private driver. I welcome you to view my blog:

www.SandySetsSail.wordpress.com

I arranged for RomeInLimo to take my two daughters to Rome and Florence from our recent Regent cruise in the Mediterranean. This company was picked because I had used them a year ago to do a quick tour of Rome prior to a cruise and was very impressed with their driver, Mauro, who covered so much territory in such a short time.

This time they were picked up at the ship and the tour was for all day in Rome. I had purchased Vatican Museum tickets in advance so time wouldn’t be wasted standing in line. Also arranged with RomeInLimo was a guide for the Vatican. My daughters were most impressed with the driver Nicola and the Vatican guide Guilia. Nicola was very knowledgeable about Rome and also about Canada (we are Canadians) as he had lived in Canada for a time. They loved their tour of the Vatican Museum and the Basilica with Guilia. She was excellent and having your own guide makes such a difference as you aren’t competing with about 30 other people trying to hear what is being said. Also purchased in advance were tickets to the Coliseum but a guide was not needed. Nicola recommended a good restaurant for their lunch.

The next day, from Livorno, they went to Pisa and Florence with Marzia and found her to be an excellent driver and very informative. I had purchased tickets to the Academia in advance so there was no waiting to see David. A guide was not needed for this. On the way back to the ship they visited a lovely winery which they enjoyed very much. This was another excellent day because of the wonderful service of RomeInLimo.

We just returned from a cruise that included Naples and Rome. We used RIL in both cities. In Naples we had Tony as our driver and he was excellent, very personable and knowledgeable. He offered very useful suggestions and recommended a great place to eat in Sorrento. We booked a guide for Pompeii through RIL. We had Carmine who was fabulous - very knowledgeable and quite animated which was fun. He got us through a two hour tour very efficiently and we left with the sense that we really experienced the site even though you would really need several days. In Rome, we used RIL and Franco was our driver. He knew the city inside out and was very knowledgeable. Friends who were following our blog commented that we saw more in 8 hours than they saw in 3 days on their own. That is a testimony to Franco. Our experience is definitely use a guide. You will only be there once, so get the most out of it. You may save a few bucks doing it on your own but you will miss a lot. Doug

We just returned from our 21 day Mediterranean cruise. We used RomeinLimo and had an absolutely fantastic day. Frederico showed us almost everything of importance in Rome. There wasn't time for the catacombs, but we left feeling we had truly experienced Rome. If there again, I would definitely use their services.

Linda

Had a completely awesome experience with RIL in 3 ports...Florence/Pisa, Rome, and Naples. Even before the cruise I had a good feeling as I had asked many questions of Jany...their internet correspondant...and she had always answered promptly and informatively. We had Clara in Florence/Pisa and she was most informative and also easy to work with as we just kinda made decesions along the way with the time we had to work with. Great touch with the stop at an olive oil pressing facility ...with no pressure to buy anything. In Naples we had Stephano. He had us to Pompei well before the massive herds arrived. Very informative and considering the drive along the Amalfi Coast...a very good driver. Took us to a great little eatery overlooking Poisitano and the view and the food was awesome. Now for the other port...Roma! We had Lucca as our guide this day and he was BY FAR the best guide we have ever had. We had so much to see in just 1 day in such a magnificient city but somehow Lucca got it all in. I knew we were in for a great day when we were just getting near the Vatican and workers had a road closed off meaning we would have to sit in traffic for a long time...well Lucca pulled over and had a chat with the flag guy...in about 30 seconds the guy was motioning us around the barricades and through the closed street...no other cars were allowed to follow! We made it to the Vatican with time to spare for our scheduled tour. At the Vatican RIL supplied us with a tour guide named Max. He was a walking encyclopedia...with help from his Ipad. As we walked through the massive art displays...Max would have a pic of the paintings on the ceilings above us and he would be able to point out intricate features of each painting that we would have never been able to see looking high above us. Overall I was highly impressed with our service and equipment...so much so I will definately use RIL on our next trip to Italy.

Thanks!

We have just returned to the most wonderful trip of our lives, and a great part of it was due to the WONDERFUL three tours we have booked with RIL. I had asked Jany at the RIL office if it would be possible to include a winery visit on our Pise/Florence tour and Giovanni made it happen. Just great! The next day we went to Rome with Maurizio and at the Vatican we had the great great guide Rosie provided to us by RIL. She was amazing! We spent a little more time than planned, which made Maurizio a little nervous, but he managed to get us to the Coleseum and the Pantheon, with some free time at the Fountain of Trevi. Then, on our last day with RIL, with hit the jackpot with CARMINE! What a day we had! And it happened to be my birthday and he was wonderful about it and I will remember it for the rest of my life. After some free time in Amalfi, he took us to Ravello for wine and limoncello tasting, than after the spectacular drive on the Amalfi coast, he brought us at the top of the mountain to a little restaurant overlooking Positano, Trattoria La Fagliata, where they grow their own tomatoes, herbs, make their own pasta, etc. and you don't order, they just put all kinds of wonderful, fresh food on the table, plus red and white wine, and with the breathtaking view, you think you have died and gone to heaven! We were 8 pax on our tour, and that wonderful lunch came to 25 euros/person! And then it was on to Pompei.

As for tips, we gave 10 euros per person, except for Carmine where we gave 15 each.

If you are on a cruise, it is really the only way to visit a lot of places, in a short amount of time, with minimal walking. And don't worry about missing the ship. They are extremely conscious of it, as their reputation is on the line, so they make sure we get back in plenty of time. I give it a 5+.

We just got back from Meditaranean cruise on Liberty of the Seas, including Rome and Naples. Had tours by Rome in Limo in both of these ports. You need a guide for the Vatican and you need a guide for Pompeii. The Vatican is so huge that you will not be able to navigate through it in the time allowed without a guide, the guides are wonderful stores of history and information you cannot get otherwise. We had Mauro as our driver in Rome and our guide was Julia, their English is excellent and their knowledge of the history and events makes the tour so much better. For Pompeii if you don't have a guide you will be lost, the site is huge and we met countless people trying to do it on their own that were lost. We had Giovanni as our driver and our guide was Sacha. If you are dead set against a guide at least download one of Rick Steves Audiotours from his website or itunes for these locations.

Have a great trip.

Peter

So can someone walk me through this? for the Rome Highlights tour? Once you start through the online booking system, there is a question: Include Vatican Guide and then price. That's where I get confused.

We would like someone to meet us to take us on a tour of the vatican. Can someone share how much that costs and if RomeinLimo helps arrange that for you? From what I can tell, we buy our own tickets, but I didn't see where or how to arrange the guide. I'm just not sure how that works. Like do you reserve the guide for a certain time and let RomeinLimo know or do they help coordinate the time?

Also, with the price, is that just the price (number of people) you are choosing? So for example, there are 4 of us and if we choose a vehicle for 4, it's 500 Euros. So am I entering 500 under the price?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by slyster

So can someone walk me through this? for the Rome Highlights tour? Once you start through the online booking system, there is a question: Include Vatican Guide and then price. That's where I get confused.

We would like someone to meet us to take us on a tour of the vatican. Can someone share how much that costs and if RomeinLimo helps arrange that for you? From what I can tell, we buy our own tickets, but I didn't see where or how to arrange the guide. I'm just not sure how that works. Like do you reserve the guide for a certain time and let RomeinLimo know or do they help coordinate the time?

Also, with the price, is that just the price (number of people) you are choosing? So for example, there are 4 of us and if we choose a vehicle for 4, it's 500 Euros. So am I entering 500 under the price?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about the price part because I didn't have to fill in an amount but you request a guide. They supply the guide for an additional fee. I think the price is around $150 for the guide but I don't remember. Your driver will pull up in front of the Vatican, your guide will join you, get your voucher from you, get your ticket from the Vatican while you wait with your driver. After you are done with the tour the guide will call the driver. It can't get any easier.

For lunch you pay but you can tell them what kind of a meal you are looking for and how much you want to spend for money and time.

If the car is a 4 seater then remember the driver has to sit somewhere so unless you squeeze 3 people into the back seat you will need a bigger vehicle.

Thanks in advance!

If you email Jany at Rome In Limo she will give you answers to all your questions and very quickly. That's what we did and we never really filled out a reservation form..once we had decided what we wanted based on our emails she did the reservation and emailed us to make sure it was what we wanted. They really are an excellent company and I doubt there are any questions regarding touring in Rome that they can't answer.