RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

The pleasure was all ours. You arranged such awesome tours with RomeInLimo. That coupled with your fun group made for one our best cruises ever. Thanks so much.

I'm already missing you and Carol. She cracks me up! I still wish I had a good photo of her and the cannoli :D

They also offer a tour sharing site to help you get people, but it hasn't achieved critical traction yet. Still, it doesn't hurt to use it . http://romeinlimotoursharing.com I think.

Help..love all the kudo's regarding Romeinlimo, so I 'm ready to book.

Believe it or not, I'm still not sure how it works. So, they'll pick us up in Civitavecchia, and drive us into Rome and to the sights mentioned on each tour - I want to do Highlights of Rome. And then drive us back to the ship?

There is only 2 of us. Will they try to get more for our group, or is it up to us? What is we don't get more? The price on the website shows 225 eu for 2 passengers. That seems to low for all day transportation. Is that each way?

And some of you mentioned a guide - I didn't see how to arrange for one or how much it would be. Maybe I didn't get far enough in the booking process.

So, let's say I set up a tour group of 6. Right now there are just two of us, but 4 others join my group. However, at port that morning they don't show up. Am I responsible for the cost for 6 people since I initiated the group? I don't want to take that risk on people I don't know. Or are they required to leave a credit card number when they join the group and they're responsible for their fare whether they show or not?

So, let's say I set up a tour group of 6. Right now there are just two of us, but 4 others join my group. However, at port that morning they don't show up. Am I responsible for the cost for 6 people since I initiated the group? I don't want to take that risk on people I don't know. Or are they required to leave a credit card number when they join the group and they're responsible for their fare whether they show or not?

Check with Jany with RIL and see what their policy is. I know if they sign up through the tour sharing on their website, they will need to put in their credit card. However, I believe the person who sets up the group is the person responsible. We just returned on the SOS and used RIL for 2 ports. In one port, we had an 8 person van (we are a family of 5 so booked with another party of 3), and in the other port we booked a van for 6 even though we only had 5 (had to pay for 6). RIL was wonderful and we highly recommend them.

I've booked with RIL for Rome and they advised to pre purchase tickets to Vatican and Coliseum. Has anyone else done this or purchased the day of? I'm concerned to buy the tickets and something comes up that we can't use them. Any experiences with pre purchasing or buying day of is welcomed.

Check with Jany with RIL and see what their policy is. I know if they sign up through the tour sharing on their website, they will need to put in their credit card. However, I believe the person who sets up the group is the person responsible. We just returned on the SOS and used RIL for 2 ports. In one port, we had an 8 person van (we are a family of 5 so booked with another party of 3), and in the other port we booked a van for 6 even though we only had 5 (had to pay for 6). RIL was wonderful and we highly recommend them.

I understand that if people don't show up, then their credit card is charged, and not the tour organiser. Otherwise, why bother getting it in the first place?

I've booked with RIL for Rome and they advised to pre purchase tickets to Vatican and Coliseum. Has anyone else done this or purchased the day of? I'm concerned to buy the tickets and something comes up that we can't use them. Any experiences with pre purchasing or buying day of is welcomed.

We just did this for our June 10th sailing. We were nervous about pre purchasing as well, but after going through it I totally recommend it. Otherwise you will spend all your time standing in line or not even get to enter. With the pre purchased tickets, RIL will get you right inside and you will not have to wait. It's really amazing considering how long the lines are.

We just did this for our June 10th sailing. We were nervous about pre purchasing as well, but after going through it I totally recommend it. Otherwise you will spend all your time standing in line or not even get to enter. With the pre purchased tickets, RIL will get you right inside and you will not have to wait. It's really amazing considering how long the lines are.

Thanks CyberTag for your reply. That makes me feel better. I assume you went through the link that RIL provided?

I would guess that this question has been asked already somewhere in this thread but being in my phone I can't search and there are just too many pages to sift through.

We are arriving to FCO the morning of our cruise departure and were considering touring Rome before heading to the cruise port. We should land before 8am and Cruise leaves at 5:00pm. We have no clue how much time it will take at the airport or how early we need to be at the cruise port but is there enough time to tour both the Colosseum and Vatican/St.Peters/Sistine Chapel? What is feasible to do in the time between airport and cruise port?

Also if our plane were to be delayed, does anyone know what their policy is?

Thanks!

Pre purchasing your tickets for the Vatican and Colosseum is so easy and such a good thing to do. It's so nice to not have to wait in line with everyone else.

SweetSummertime... I would get ahold of Romeinlimo and see what their thoughts are. I do know they've done tours in combination with an airport transfer but I'm unsure how much time you would have in Rome. We've taken a tour after the cruise before going to the airport but I know they do that in reverse. Email them... Jany will be able to tell you.

Have fun!

We used RIL for airport transfer to Rome, transfer to port and then a pick up from port with a full day tour of Tivoli before going to airport on our recent cruise of The Med.

We found all our drivers to be punctual and courteous.

I cannot recommend RIL highly enough and Jany was always very prompt in responding to my emails.

Karen

I would guess that this question has been asked already somewhere in this thread but being in my phone I can't search and there are just too many pages to sift through.

We are arriving to FCO the morning of our cruise departure and were considering touring Rome before heading to the cruise port. We should land before 8am and Cruise leaves at 5:00pm. We have no clue how much time it will take at the airport or how early we need to be at the cruise port but is there enough time to tour both the Colosseum and Vatican/St.Peters/Sistine Chapel? What is feasible to do in the time between airport and cruise port?

Also if our plane were to be delayed, does anyone know what their policy is?

Thanks!

You probably have enough time to do at least some of this. If your plane is on time it only takes a half or so to get into Rome, another hour to hour and a half to get to the port and you want to be at the port no later than 3PM. That gives you about 4 hours to tour, I think you would have to choose between the Coliseum, ancient Rome and the Vatican. Doubt there's is time to do both unless you're just doing a "driveby" the Coliseum. But email Jany at RIL she can tell you what there will be time for. As far as delays, our 1st flight into Rome was delayed nearly 2 hours and RIL was still waiting for us when we arrived. Obviously if you have serious delays they will just take you straight to the port so you don't miss the ship. Good luck, RIL is a great company to work with.:)

As mentioned you should be able to see a good portion of Rome if your plane is on time. I've used RIL several times and can't wait to use them again. They will get your tickets for you at the sites you mentioned and ship the lines. Jany does a great job there and will answer all your questions more than promptly. You are in for a great tour. Wish I was going.

We just returned from a Rome tour with RIL and it was everything we could have wanted

Nick, our driver, met us at the port, and we were on our way the vehicle was a nearly new Mercedes van with plenty of space. Nick gave a rolling history lesson,mwith stops to enjoy views, see wineries, and other sites along the way. Very personable and accommodating

By all means, prebook your Vatican and Colliseum tickets in advance, and I strongly suggest a private guide for thenVatican. RIL will arrange the private guide, and tell you how to book tickets on line in advance. No lines saves hours. Our Vatican guide was a PhD art history candidate, and extremely knowledgeable. There were so many people, it would have been impossible to get a meaningful experience on our own

We saw many other sites due to Nick's knowledge of the area, and he knew how to get us close.

We did not feel the need for private guide anywhere else

Back to the ship in plenty of time, but a very full day

The Vatican guide was booked thru RIL. We paid the total to our driver, and tipped a bit more than 10%

No hesitation in a recommendation. We hope to have a chance to contract with them again o a future visit. Thanks,,Jany!

I have booked this for 2 of us--I am not getting very far on trying to get others to join from our group--most of them have already booked their tours.

As it is VERY costly for only 2 I am wondering if anyone that has used them ever asked if they had others who might need to join a group for the cost to come down? It would be great for just 2 but way too costly should I just write & ask them or does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

I know we have quite a while to go yet..but I do worry about the cost of this one..so trying to figure out what we can do--I do not want to take the ships bus to edge of the city nor do I want to try to do it ourselves. (we also have a guide for the Vatican & it has also added to the cost).

Hi, when is your cruise? If you go in their website you can find groups to join so that it can reduce the cost for you and your husband.

We just got back from our Med Cruise. We used RIL in Livorno with David and Marco in Rome. Both of these drivers were fantastic. They exceeded all of our expectations. We got to see everything that we wanted to see. Both drivers were very accommodating. There were 8 of us from 5 different States. We were all very pleased and very satisfied. If I ever return to Italy I would't hesitate to use RIL again. The Colosseum tickets and the art museum tickets that we purchased on line worked perfectly. They scanned the bar code on the downloaded copy and handed us tickets. It was very simple.

We returned June 22nd from a 12 day Med cruise on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas. We used RIL in 2 ports: Rome and La Spezia. Jany at RIL was so helpful with answering emails before we left. She gave us a link to purchase our tickets to the Coliseaum and Vatican before we left. Our driver in Rome was Mauro. Cecelia was our guide at the Vatican, and she was so full of information, it was amazing! Mauro walked us right up to the entrance at all of the attractions and we did not have to wait in line. He also drove us right up so walking was not an issue. We were worried about doing a private tour and having to carry on a conversation, but Mauro was very personable and so easy to talk to.

In La Spezia our driver was Clara and she was awesome! We told her we were looking for a more laidback day after the information overload in Rome. She was so easy to talk to and very easy to understand. She walked us around Pisa showing us the sites. She also took us to an awesome gelato place right in town. We toured Lucca on bikes, which was a highlight for the 5 of us.

The only downfall with RIL is that they do not accept credit cards. Payment is to be made in euros at the end of the tour. Finding ATMs is not difficult, but I would rather not be carrying around the cash if possible. When we return to Rome, we will not hesitate to use RIL again!

Thanks for an amazing time!

The only downfall with RIL is that they do not accept credit cards. Payment is to be made in euros at the end of the tour. Finding ATMs is not difficult, but I would rather not be carrying around the cash if possible. When we return to Rome, we will not hesitate to use RIL again!

Thanks for an amazing time!

They will take Euro Travelers Checks too....we used them last year and paid several times Euro TC's .... so that's an option if you don't want to carry cash.....

We recently cruised on the Epic and booked an excursion using Rome in Limo.

Laura was our driver and she was waiting at the dock at 8am for us time a huge smile. Right away she had all 8 of us laughing and having a great time.

She knew the answers to everyone of our questions! She was very easy going..but kept us on track so we could see everything we wanted to see that day.

I highly recommend Laura from Rome in Limo...she will make your trip just that little bit more special.

Karan from Toronto Canada

By all means, prebook your Vatican and Colliseum tickets in advance, and I strongly suggest a private guide for thenVatican. RIL will arrange the private guide, and tell you how to book tickets on line in advance. No lines saves hours. Our Vatican guide was a PhD art history candidate, and extremely knowledgeable. There were so many people, it would have been impossible to get a meaningful experience on our own

We did not feel the need for private guide anywhere else

We are booked with RIL for October for a full day of Rome tour a few days before we take the Noordam cruise home. We are unsure about the value added of having the private guide at the Vatican. Can you tell me more about why adding the guide is a good idea? Many thanks.

We are booked with RIL for October for a full day of Rome tour a few days before we take the Noordam cruise home. We are unsure about the value added of having the private guide at the Vatican. Can you tell me more about why adding the guide is a good idea? Many thanks.

I would actually ask the question in reverse. Since you are already in Rome, and the greatest distance between any of the sights in Rome is two miles, why have a car service? You can easily take cabs from place to place and use that money for guides so you have a greater understanding of what you are seeing. The driver can't provide that.

We paid for the private guide at the vatican and I was hesitant about the added expense. However, after doing the tour with the guide I must say it was so worth it! Our guide took us right inside (I'm sure we would have figured it out, but not nearly as quickly as she did). She was a wealth of information. She pointed out what we were looking at, who did the paintings, what the meanings were, etc. She made it intersting so that even our 15 and 18 year old boys were listening! There is so much to see inside, it's truly amazing and information overload! One of the best tours we did this trip.