RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Recently returned from Celebrity Cruise in the Mediterranean. Booked two tours with this fabulous company. They exceeded all our expectations. Purchased tickets on Vatican Website, and on line for the Colloseum and the Academia Museum. In Rome, we had a guided tour with Serena and we would have never been able to fit it all in without her. She was very flexible as we did not want to take a long time for lunch so we could get to Trivoli Fountains, Pantheon, etc.

in comparison to the excursions the ship was offering, we felt like we got to see so much in a personalized enviorment with a huge savings. Both guides were professional, funny and extremely informative.

We used RomeInLimo for Florence/Pisa, Rome, Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano and could not have asked for better service. They were prompt, knowledgeable, friendly and took us to special local places where there were no tour buses. Their recommendations for specialized guides in the Vatican and at Pompeii were spot on. Our guide in the Vatican, Fredericka, had studied art history for five years and made the most of our short time there. Ditto for the archaeologist who guided us through Pompeii.

It took some courage to trust a far-away stranger in a place we had never been to with our credit card number, but Jany at RIL promptly responded to our email, reassured us and took good care of us. We made a leap of faith when we organized tours without a group already in hand but with the help of Cruise Critic and RIL's tour sharing sign-up site, it all worked out and we made new friends. It also took some courage for driver Tony to hand out the lyrics to "That's Amore," turn on the music on the road to Sorrento and invite our motley American chorus to serenade him. We did, but we were not Dean Martin. We've returned from our Grand Mediterranean Princess Cruise. Thanks Elizabeth, Marco, Tony and RIL for making it special.

The above posting by Westie8 (or Jim as I know him) is very good. Glad things worked out so super well for them. As the "guilty party" who first suggested to my long-time friend less than a month before their cruise that they could do better than ship tours for these stops, it was a little "touch-and-go" during the process. They signed up with RomeInLimo. That was easy. BUT, the roll call was so super slow and not doing well in connecting with those on their sailing with Princess. RIL, however, had a good website to connect with others and they got their tour filled up. Clearly, from the report, Jim and wife are very happy. They'll be happy with me, too, for making these suggestion! Great posting and success story.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 88,292 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Recently returned from Celebrity Cruise in the Mediterranean. Booked two tours with this fabulous company. They exceeded all our expectations. Purchased tickets on Vatican Website, and on line for the Colloseum and the Academia Museum. In Rome, we had a guided tour with Serena and we would have never been able to fit it all in without her. She was very flexible as we did not want to take a long time for lunch so we could get to Trivoli Fountains, Pantheon, etc.

in comparison to the excursions the ship was offering, we felt like we got to see so much in a personalized enviorment with a huge savings. Both guides were professional, funny and extremely informative.

We had Serena as our guide for our walking tour and our Vatican tour last September, she was wonderful. Sarah is also excellent, she was our guide this year for the Baroque tour. This is a wonderful company to work with, I know that when I am in Italy again I will be contacting Jany for our tours once more. It is so nice to KNOW that you can trust that they will deliver what they promise. :)

We just returned from our second mediterranean cruise to Italy and France. We used Rome in Limo last year and again this year because they are fantastic! All three of our guides Rafaelle, Salvatore and Fabrizio were wonderful guides. Rafaelle showed us around the Amalfi Coast. He was personable and generous and made sure we were well taken care of in every way. If you go to The Amalfi Coast be sure to ask for Rafaelle. In Rome our guide was Salvatore. He was very knowledgable about the area and arranged a tour guide for the Vatican. She was an amazing tour guide. In Florence we had the joy of having Fabrizio as our guide. What a delightful person. He made our day so much fun. If you travel to Italy be sure you book some tours with Rome in Limo. You will be glad you did.

I think Raffaelle is the cutest guy ever! I've had him for a guide for several years now.

Rome in Limo is worth every dime we spent!

Carmen was our guide in Naples. What a joy! He captivated us from the second he held up the sign. The day was one adventure after another. This is a man that truly loves his native land. Lunch was the best experience of my life. There wasn't a question Carmine couldn't answer. We didn't just view the sights, we learned the history and came to see why he loved it so much. Carmine was excellent about making sure what he planned was along the lines of what we wanted. The laughing and singing in the car kept us beaming for days! Ask for him! Beg for him! Don't take no for an answer!

Sabrina in Florence was a gem as well. She truly tailored the day for us. And when we asked for a little shopping, she took us to two markets that were remarkable. Our private tour of a winery was an unexpected surprise. Sabrina got us into see the Statue of David when it looked like we would be waiting for hours. She seemed to know what we needed before we knew it.

If it seems a little pricey, talk to people who went on the cruise tours! We came back smiling and rested. They came back grumpy and tired.

This company rocks!

I would suggest a guide through the Vatican. You can purchase tickets on the Vatican Website to avoid waiting in long lines. It is a very complex venue, and to have someone guide you through is the only way to go. We always gave a 10% tip to the guide and I got the impression that they took care of the driver. The advantage of the private tour is that they can get you in close to the venues, so you save time and don"t have to do as much walking. It takes hours to tour the Vatican and to really appreciate what you are seeing, the tour guide will give you an in depth explanation, and most important of all, you can ask questions.

We have just returned from the Norwegian Spirit and were able to do three tours with Rome In Limo. All three were fantastic. Carmine in Naples took us to Pompeii and then Sorrento/Positano. Our lunch way up in the hills in Positano was a real highlight with fresh Italian pasta (and wine). Franco drove us around Rome with expertise and our guide for the Vatican, Nicki, was so passionate and full of knowledge. Elizabetta in Florence/Pisa had enthusiasm that was beyond belief and she was able to guide us (even though our group split up in parts of Florence) so that we didn't miss a thing. Being picked up and dropped off right at the ship was a huge bonus. I would certainly use Rome in Limo again and have recommended them to friends already.

Recently back from our cruise and we used Rome in limo for our tour of Rome and Vatican City. Our guide Mauro was fantastic. He spoke perfect English and was so knowlegeable and made our trip very enjoyable.

Everything was timed perfectly and we saw a lot in the day we were there. Our tour guide at the Vatican was just as awesome!

I highly recommend them.

we gave him a big tip!

Just got back from our trip on Tuesday.

We used RomeinLimo for Rome and Florence. It was our 4th. time in 3 years to use them and we were not disappointed!!

Salvatore was our guide in Rome and he was great! We were the only ones who have been before and he made sure we saw things that were new to us as well as the amazing regular sites. He was upbeat and friendly and kept us on track and on time.

Elisabetta was the guide in Florence and she was very knowledgeable and outgoing. She gave us a wealth of information about what we were about to see and some fun "inside" info also.

If you are wondering who to use for your tours, don't hesitate in contacting RomeinLimo. Their price is fair and they are dependable and very professional.

You won't be disappointed! Thankx, eddie

My vacation was a huge success partly because of RomeInLimo. We have used them in the past and I was expecting the same professional expertise that we received last time and I was NOT disappointed!! From Jany, always just a click away answering my many (sorry Jany) e-mails with such kindness to our requested guide in Livorno, Gian.

We had Gian last time we were in Pisa and Florence and hoped that Jany could work magic so we could get Gian as a guide again this trip, Thanks Jany!! Gian is extremely professional and knowledgeable. We stopped at "Vendita Olio E Vino" and he gave us a tour. Don't pass on the Olive Oil, it is AMAZING! He arranged tickets at the Accademia - no lines, Thank you, and he set up an amazing lunch at a place that the locals enjoy. It was some of the best food I have ever had! Throughout our tour he gave us a history lesson on the area and my family loved every minute!.

In Rome, we had Maurizio. We enjoyed him also. We had our own "walking" tour in mind. After looking at our little map we made, he told us he thought we had a good plan, he gave us a few tips on things he thought we would want to include and after he got us tickets to the Colosseum so we could bypass all the lines (THANK YOU) we were on our way! We met Maurizio later and he gave a short driving tour on our way to the Vatican. Again, he gave us some great tips on how to bypass lines. We will request Maurizio as well as Gian next time we are in Italy!

Thank you RomeInLimo, Jany, Gian and Maurizio for helping to make our vacation something we will never forget.

Marilee Dullea

We just returned on June 12th from a 12 night Grand Mediterranean cruise with Princess. I used RIL based on the reviews I researched through this site as well as Tripadvisor. I also organized 2 groups in Rome and Naples. In Florence, it was just the 3 of us and our guide Giovanni was excellent. I had imagined the crowds as large, I mean Disney World large as this is the only mass tourism site we have ever visited, we tend to keep to small scale and unpopulated holidays, also we had not traveled to Europe before, so when I say the crowds were unbelievable,I mean you had to walk single file at times or getting up to the Trevi Fountain was an event in itself. Using RIL they walked you up to the door at the Vatican and Accademia, and literally you passed masses of people.They were extremely prompt, and very flexible. All our guides were professional and warm. We also hired guides through RIL for the Vatican and Pompeii and they were also terrific. Sherri

We were fortunate to be on three of the Romeinlimo tours with Steph's group. All of them were top notch quality in every respect. I would give two of the tour guides we had our highest rating if we did such a thing. They were among the best we have ever had. The other one was very good, but two of them were exceptional due to their knowledge, passion for the area and desire to show us as much of the beauty as possible. We will definitely use and recommend Rome in Limo in the future.

We just recently returned from our Med. cruise, having spent two days in Rome prior to the cruise. Romeinlimo was fantastic. We were a group of 16 for the day tour and had Duman (Nick) and Salvatore as our drivers and guide. Valerie was our Vatican guide, and, although she was very sweet and informative, she was a bit hard to understand. RIL picked us up at the airport, transported us to our Hotel, picke us up at the hotel the following day for our day tour, transported us the following day to the cruise port, and then picked us up at the port to transport us back to the airport.

I was worried about how smoothly things would be for a party this large, but it was actually flawless. Thanks to Jany, because, I was like the previous poster, sending numerous e-mails with questions and changes to our reservations, and Jany was very prompt in her replies.

We will certainly use RIL the next time we return to Italy.

Terry from Georgia

We were fortunate to be on three of the Romeinlimo tours with Steph's group. All of them were top notch quality in every respect. I would give two of the tour guides we had our highest rating if we did such a thing. They were among the best we have ever had. The other one was very good, but two of them were exceptional due to their knowledge, passion for the area and desire to show us as much of the beauty as possible. We will definitely use and recommend Rome in Limo in the future.

I spend couple of our on your site, which I think is really a great site and full of informations, thanks for sharing your experience with all of us :)

We just returned from our Celebrity Silhouette Med cruise. Wow.. what an amazing company Romeinlimo is. We've used them several times over the last few years and their standard of service doesn't change. It is always top notch! This time our driver took us from Civitavecchia port stop to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio. What a wonderful day topped off with wine and local foods at this charming restaurant/Wine Bar in Tarquinia. You couldn't have asked for any better driver! When we all decided we wanted a late lunch and just popped this idea out, our driver never even blinked but took us to this amazing restaurant in Tarquinia. Then it was an easy drive right back to the ship in plenty of time.

Our next port stop with Romeinlimo was Catania Sicily where our driver took us to Castlemola and Toarmina. He gave us lots of history as we rolled along the coast. Plenty of time for photo stops. Such a charming area. Our day was just perfect, even with the little rain! Romeinlimo even provided a guide through Taormina, then we had plenty of time to wander on our own.

You can't go wrong if you use Romeinlimo. We've been so pleased with their service over the years, we would never use anyone else.

Debordo

Awwww... we had SO much fun meeting you and Carol. TRULY was a highlight. I'm glad you had a great time on the tours. I can't wait to do it again. So so so much fun!

Your reviews are excellent! You are so gifted!

Awwww... we had SO much fun meeting you and Carol. TRULY was a highlight. I'm glad you had a great time on the tours. I can't wait to do it again. So so so much fun!

Your reviews are excellent! You are so gifted!

The pleasure was all ours. You arranged such awesome tours with RomeInLimo. That coupled with your fun group made for one our best cruises ever. Thanks so much.

Help..love all the kudo's regarding Romeinlimo, so I 'm ready to book.

Believe it or not, I'm still not sure how it works. So, they'll pick us up in Civitavecchia, and drive us into Rome and to the sights mentioned on each tour - I want to do Highlights of Rome. And then drive us back to the ship?

There is only 2 of us. Will they try to get more for our group, or is it up to us? What is we don't get more? The price on the website shows 225 eu for 2 passengers. That seems to low for all day transportation. Is that each way?

And some of you mentioned a guide - I didn't see how to arrange for one or how much it would be. Maybe I didn't get far enough in the booking process.

Email them and Jany will get back to you almost immediatly.

Its a private car/driver only and the price is usually for the whole vehicle. The more people you get the cheaper. Thus if you can fill the car thru your rollcall it can drastically reduce your price, 4 people is 50% cheaper :D They meet you at the ship, take you curbsite to almost every attraction, can secure tickets ( you pay ) for any that require entrance fee and arrange guides etc. Totally turnkey and so much better than the big bus cruiseline affairs!

THey have a pretty set package but the drivers are very accomidating to change based on your individual preferences. I highly recommend you include the Vatican and the guided tour there! They usually group several seperate groups for the Vatican tour, you all have radio receivers so you can hear the guide. So you can book that and do it even if you are just a couple.

Good luck!

Believe it or not, I'm still not sure how it works. So, they'll pick us up in Civitavecchia, and drive us into Rome and to the sights mentioned on each tour - I want to do Highlights of Rome. And then drive us back to the ship?

There is only 2 of us. Will they try to get more for our group, or is it up to us? What is we don't get more? The price on the website shows 225 eu for 2 passengers. That seems to low for all day transportation. Is that each way?

And some of you mentioned a guide - I didn't see how to arrange for one or how much it would be. Maybe I didn't get far enough in the booking process.

Most awesome tours by Romeinlimo. We had Rolando in Rome and he was absolutely one of the most knowledgeable guides we could have wanted. If not for his guidance we would not have been able to see what we did. I would whole heartedly recommend Rolando....fear not he speaks 6 languages. For Florence we had Max. What a trip. He was so funny and an awesome guide also. He convinced us to touch a pig nose for luck after putting a coin in his mouth. I did win money on the ships slots that night. We also were treated to a private tour of a winery set up by Max. Thanks to both guides for a great day!

The best per-person value is a group of 8. I've only done the Rome Highlights tour, but the access through many narrow streets and curbside drop-off (something a tour bus or even RIL's 16-person mini-bus couldn't manage) and skipping the lines at the Colosseum and Vatican (kinda) are well worth it.

And definitely get the Vatican guide. It's more fulfilling to not only have someone explaining things, but also available to answer any questions. Doing your history homework beforehand is also a good idea.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yep... email them and they'll get it all set up for you.

Yes, they will pick you up in whatever port you are booking the tour and you'll decide how you want to spend your day. You CAN decide on several things that aren't apart of what you see on line. I've toured with them so many years that I usually pick out my own things to do. BUT, they will let you know what you have time to do... what makes the most sense logistically.

As far as the guides, they'll give you a quote on that also. Like Pompeii for example... I think a guide is just SO nice. And if there are many that are booking vans for Naples (for instance) you can share a price of a guide. I had so many of my buddies that sailed with me this time, that it really cost next to nothing to share a guide for the time spent there. Same with the Vatican.

The best thing to do is find your Roll Call and get others to share a van of 6 with you. I think it's most comfortable in a van of 6... and I don't think it's worth the savings to go with a van of 8... but others will disagree. It's just not as comfortable in my opinion. But, it's a great way to meet others. Most of my cruising buddies are people I've met on the Cruise Critic and have shared tours with in the past. It's a priceless experience on so many levels to me.

Good luck and have a great cruise!