RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Romeinlimo will do whatever you want. It's the attraction for me for a private tour anywhere. Email Jany and she'll help you with whatever questions you have. Her communications skills are excellent. She is, by far, the best person I have worked with when putting together foreign tours. I wish every private tour company had a Jany! Even those here in the USA!

We have had many personalized tours with Romeinlimo. You can't go wrong!

Enjoy the planning :)

Romeinlimo will do whatever you want. It's the attraction for me for a private tour anywhere. Email Jany and she'll help you with whatever questions you have. Her communications skills are excellent. She is, by far, the best person I have worked with when putting together foreign tours. I wish every private tour company had a Jany! Even those here in the USA!

We have had many personalized tours with Romeinlimo. You can't go wrong!

Enjoy the planning :)

Ditto what hylasgirl said. Jany is amazing, and I think she never sleeps! (and she may be underpaid, Duman :D:D)

It is my understanding then that this company will do private tours my way? We want to spend our first day at the Vatican and our second day touring the rest of Rome. Will they pick us up at our hotel? Since this may be our only trip to Rome we want to see as much as possible and are hoping two full days will be enough. With a knowledgable guide it may be possible. My biggest fear is we would get there and try to do things on our own and just end up wasting time trying to find our way around. RomeinLimo sounds like it is just what we need and I am willing to pay to relax and take it all in!!!

Do I email or contact them on line requesting a private tour? Thanks in advance for your replies:)

They are wonderful to work with! We arrived 2 hours late our first visit and the RIL driver was still waiting for us at the airport. That afternoon we had a 3 hour walking tour with them, which was excellent and the next day we toured Rome and the Vatican with them. We did so much in such a short period of time and would NEVER have accomplished this on our own. By all means email Jany and tell her what you want, I'm sure you will be pleased!:)

Generally yes, but they will wait if not and adjust as needed.

We are booking a RIL tour from the port in Naples. Our itinerary says the ship docks at 07:00. Will we be able to be off the ship in time to be picked up by RIL at 08:00?

We've used RIL several times and can't wait to do it again. Last time I had set up for 2 vans of people to tour and my wife got a little sick. I found a couple to take our place and off they went in the morning after our ship docked. That afternoon a car pulled up from RIL to find out if my wife felt better. And if she did he would take us on our own tour. How great is that?

You are all absolutely correct about Jany. She never does sleep. And Duman is great too. We had him as our driver on our first tour with RIL. One of the best companies I have ever worked with in any business. They will format your tour anyway you want within reason that is. Have a great trip.

We used Rome In a Limo 3 times during our December 2012 stay in Rome.

Our driver was Nicola.

Our expectations based on other drivers we've used in the past through other companies, who've stated they were also guides was a driver who could point out a few landmarks and not much more.

We were very pleasantly surprised with the level of knowledge displayed by Nicola.

He had a great knowledge of the area, it's history and was full of tips and ideas for our stay.

We felt Nicola showed great passion for Rome and that rubbed off on to each of us.

Would have no hesitation in highly recommending Rome In A Limo and Nicola based on our experience with them.

A1 service.

We used Rome In a Limo 3 times during our December 2012 stay in Rome.

Our driver was Nicola.

Our expectations based on other drivers we've used in the past through other companies, who've stated they were also guides was a driver who could point out a few landmarks and not much more.

We were very pleasantly surprised with the level of knowledge displayed by Nicola.

He had a great knowledge of the area, it's history and was full of tips and ideas for our stay.

We felt Nicola showed great passion for Rome and that rubbed off on to each of us.

Would have no hesitation in highly recommending Rome In A Limo and Nicola based on our experience with them.

A1 service.

Nicola was our 1st driver with RIL and a good part of the reason we kept booking with them. He is not only knowledgeable about Rome, he made us feel so welcome and showed us sights we would have never seen without him. For our first introduction to Italy we could not have had a better driver/guide. He is FAR more than just a driver.:)

It is my understanding then that this company will do private tours my way? We want to spend our first day at the Vatican and our second day touring the rest of Rome. Will they pick us up at our hotel? Since this may be our only trip to Rome we want to see as much as possible and are hoping two full days will be enough. With a knowledgable guide it may be possible. My biggest fear is we would get there and try to do things on our own and just end up wasting time trying to find our way around. RomeinLimo sounds like it is just what we need and I am willing to pay to relax and take it all in!!!

Do I email or contact them on line requesting a private tour? Thanks in advance for your replies:)

I have used RIL 2 times and will be using them again this summer. THEY ARE THE BEST. They will custom create anything you want. Their prices are reasonable for the personalized experience they provide. Jany will/can help you with all the fine details. She is outstanding. I have recommended their services to many of my friends and they have come back raving about how that was the best part of their trip.

My suggestion is to decide what is most important that you would like to see-- make a list (check online for things to do in the places you are thinking of going) THEN email Jany with all of your "want list"... she will customize everything to fit your needs.

I have found that the only way (and often the quickest) to go to maximize my time is to use an expert (RIL) to guide you. Their suggestions for everything from buying suntan lotion, finding an ATM, shopping, sightseeing and of course eating are invaluable.

We Had Vinny as our driver and quickly became our friend the first time... Wonderful... This last time we had Nicola -- my friend and I had a super time He even made a detour in our orginal plans because we had forgotten a place we just "wanted" to see so he got off the beaten path (and spent extra time with us) to show us a special little village we had read about...WHAT SERVICE>>>>

I am looking forward to this summer to be back in Italy and know that I will be in good hands as I experience new places with RIL.

Hope this helps..

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have looked at some and can't find what I'm asking :o

We are planning to book RIL this summer for the Rome Highlights Tour minus the Vatican. Exactly how does it work regarding the driver? Does he/she pick you up in port and then drop you off near the sites and give you a time to meet back? With the rome highlights will they need to drive between sites or do you walk it?

Also instead of the Vatican can anyone suggest what they recommend to see/do?

Thanks for any help/advice

The driver will pick you up wherever you specify. The port, your hotel, the airport, wherever.

You will be dropped as close as the driver can get to a given site, given important info about the site, and told where you can find the driver. You can take as much time as you like.

You will, in most cases, be driven between sites. If two sites are very close, you might be given directions to go from one site to another, and the driver will be waiting at a second location. This will not mean unreasonable or inappropriate walking distances.

There are so many sites in Rome, and don't know what is already on your schedule. Can't recommend anything for that reason.

Edited by CruiserBruce

The driver will pick you up wherever you specify. The port, your hotel, the airport, wherever.

You will be dropped as close as the driver can get to a given site, given important info about the site, and told where you can find the driver. You can take as much time as you like.

You will, in most cases, be driven between sites. If two sites are very close, you might be given directions to go from one site to another, and the driver will be waiting at a second location. This will not mean unreasonable or inappropriate walking distances.

There are so many sites in Rome, and don't know what is already on your schedule. Can't recommend anything for that reason.

Thanks Cruiserbruce it makes a bit more sense to me now :)

I have used the services of Rome in Limo for a number of years, in many locations over Italy, and all the drivers are teriffic, very knowledgeable and personable. We felt like we had a friend after each tour. They are the BEST without a doubt.

Jany will help you plan your day (s), she is an expert and has never failed us, everything works like clockwork. The drivers are very flexible and offer a little stops; like a Gelato in a local spot that is off the "beaten path" or lunch at a place where they eat with thier family (always a great treat)!

For the poster looking for alternatives to visiting the Vatican, go online to thier website romeinlimo dot com and look at the tours offered and discuss via email with Jany as to what you can arrange. I have been to Rome 7-8 times and it is never enough, I always have more to see. RIL has put together many "custom" tours for us (and groups) that have been some of the most memorable days of all our travels. I blame them for my everlasting love affair with Italy. :D

I look forward to another trip to Italy and to spending days with RIL, it's like seeing old friends again!

Enjoy your trip.

Exactly- we did this very thing back in May. it was our third time using RIL and I could not be happier with them. The drivers have a sixth sense about where to park or pull over in Rome, which as you may know, is not a place with a lot of parking. The drivers are very knowledgable, friendly, and they always make the most of our limited time for touring.

We set our own itinerary, and it worked out great as our driver made suggestions of additional things to see along the way that really made it even more interesting.

I don't know when we are headed back to Italy, but we will use RIL when we do!

Hello All,

I will be joining a group for the Rome in Limo tour to Pisa and Florence while on a cruise excursion from Livorno. I was wondering how long they let you stay in Pisa as I was interested in climbing the tower.

However, I didn't want to hold back the rest of my group.

Is there enough time to climb the tower and walk around the tower a bit to take some of the classic tower pics while on the RIL excursion or will that hold back the group and subtract time from some other part of the trip? Anybody done it? Have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Let RIL know you want to climb Pisa. You must get tickets. Two of our group of 6 climbed it, I think at 8.30? They didn't hold us up at all, I think you are only up there for 10 minutes or so and it didnt take them long to climb it. We just walked around while they climbed. We then went on to Florence, into Accademia to see David, shopped for leather or in the markets, grabbed some lunch, and then met on the other side of the river. Plenty of time but you do need to let RIL know. I think we were in Pisa for an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pushka

Seconded. As long as they know, the schedule can be adapted. It's only a short climb (we didn't do it - people in another group that AM did). They just extended the planned Pisa stay from 50 mins to an hour, which made no impact on the rest of the day and they made sure to go there first to avoid crowds.

Let RIL know you want to climb Pisa. You must get tickets. Two of our group of 6 climbed it, I think at 8.30? They didn't hold us up at all, I think you are only up there for 10 minutes or so and it didnt take them long to climb it. We just walked around while they climbed. We then went on to Florence, into Accademia to see David, shopped for leather or in the markets, grabbed some lunch, and then met on the other side of the river. Plenty of time but you do need to let RIL know. I think we were in Pisa for an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk