RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

It depends on the port and timings of berthings. I considered doing this when there was no one on the roll call wanting to do a Rome tour. In the end I was glad I didn't because the other ship was on the other side of the port. But it could be done but you'd need to agree beforehand how it would work if one ship didn't make it to port but the other ship did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I HIGHLY recommend Rome in Limo. We used them for 3 stops in Italy in mid October (cruising on Liberty of the Seas). Elisabetta (Livorno), Mauro (Rome), and Raffaelle (Naples) were ALL amazing. When we returned from the trip, I was asked by several people, “What was the highlight of your trip?” It would be easy to say the trip to the Leaning Tower, Statue of David, the Vatican, or The Colosseum, but none of those were my answer. Truthfully, he highlight of my trip were the memories that RIL helped create with my family. RIL is so much more than just a tour company; they learn about you and your family and provide a custom experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. It was worth every penny we spent. I actually felt bad for people on our ship that were paying hundreds of dollars on shore excursions and weren’t getting a fraction of the experience. There is a HUGE different between providing good customer service and building customer loyalty. I will tell you know that my family and I are loyal to RIL, and will tour with them again on our next visit!

We Booked Rome In Limo in Rome & had 6 people in our group from our ship. Two people from another ship joined our tour & it was fine! They were on the other side of the port, so they were given an earlier pick up time. When we got off the ship, Rome In Limo was waiting for us and the couple was already in the car. On the return, he dropped them off first & then took the 6 of us to our ship. It took 5 extra minutes & was not a problem at all!

We recently were on a Celebrity Cruise to the Med. In Rome we and three other couples booked our tour in Rome with Rome In Limo. Our driver was Maurizio and our tour guide for the Coliseum was Federica. Both were excellent tour guides and provided us with wonderful experiences for the time we were with them.

We highly recommend both Rome In Limo as well as our two guides for the day!

You cannot go wrong with Rome In Limo...A wonderful time was had by all....and it appeared even Maurizio and Federica were really enjoying themselves as well!

Thank you to each of them and to Rome In Limo!

We just came back from a Med tour and used Rome in Limo to transfer us from the airport to our hotel, from the hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport. We were a group of ll seniors and were extremely pleased to see them on time once we arrived from a long flight and also after we disembarked from the ship they were right there waiting for us with their lovely vans. When you travel it is so important to have a reliable company and since I had never used them before I was hesitate to use but in all three pickups and drop offs that was so important to see them there on time.

Hi,

Thanks for all the information. I have now set up groups in May for both Florence & Rome.

My question is re the Vatican visit. RIL recommends that we have a private tour for the cost of €150 (presumably for the group). Do those that have been there feel a private Vatican tour is worth it?

Just returned from Med cruise. Had guides in Naples and Rome.The best money spent. RIL guides and drivers are the best.

Just returned from Med cruise. Had guides in Naples and Rome.The best money spent. RIL guides and drivers are the best.

I was not thinking of getting guides apart from for the Vatican - do you think they are really needed or is the info given by the RIL driver sufficient. We are doing Pisa/Florence + Rome Highlights.

I was not thinking of getting guides apart from for the Vatican - do you think they are really needed or is the info given by the RIL driver sufficient. We are doing Pisa/Florence + Rome Highlights.

For the Rome highlights tour I don't think you need a separate guide, the driver will be very informative. Not sure about Florence but assume they are same high quality drivers there.

I would for Pompeii. Our guide was not only a font of information, he was very good at communicating with other guides to maneuver us around the crowds, letting us get much better views.

The Vatican is a must.

Note that your RIL driver (if you have 8 or less) does not go in atttractions with you, they need to stay with the van. If you have more than 8 in your group, a guide is provided, but I would still consider an expert guide for at least the Vatican.

Yep. Had a couple join us for Rome who was not on the Roll Call.

I have created two groups with RIL. One for Pisa/Florence and the other for Rome Highlights.

RIL advertise these groups on their website but I was wondering if anyone has had people join their group that weren't in the Cruise Critic Roll Call.

We just got back from our trip and RomeinLimo did a great job in making our only day in Rome fantastic! They picked us up from the cruise and got us everywhere we needed to go and into all of the sights. We couldn't of done everything we did on our own. We also had the best guide for the Vatican and I highly recommend having a guide. They are so great at informing you of things you would not be able to know on your own and you really do get alot of information. I watched alot of people waiting in lines and confused about which direction to go and we were wisked right past the long lines and into the Vatican. This was money very well spent!!!! I would hire them again and will recommend them to anyone I know going to Rome. RomeinLimo handled all the arrangements and Jany told me which websites to go to to get our tickets before we ever left home. They really do know Rome and give you a great day.

Have anyone shared RomeinLimo tours with people from a different ship? I will be on Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) and it appears the Celebrity Equinox is on relatively same path and I found 3 tours I want to do that's with the same people, same dates, but just different ship. Anyone has experience with this? Pros/Cons?

I do know this has been done with their Romeinlimo tour shares site. I, personally have not done this. But I do know that so many port times are similar. I think there could be some risk to this, but I would say in ports like Livorno and Civitavecchia that there would be minimal changes that could happen. I would email Jany at Romeinlimo (she's the bomb!) and see what she advises.

We were in Rome and did the Rome Highlights tour when we got in port from the Celebrity Reflection and our driver was Sal and our Vatican tour guide was Giulia. This tour was the best tour we ever took! We were greeted by the nicest most interesting driver, Sal with a wonderful comfortable mini van. Sal went beyond our expectations to give us the most interesting tour ever in Rome and the countryside of Tuscany. Our vatican guide Giulia was so personable, so interesting, so knowledgable that this tour was THE highlight of our trip. We will never forget how great this tour was and it was because of the people who work for Romeinlimo. I can't recommend this tour enough and especially Sal and Giulia! That you both for making this a very memorable day never to forget!

We have just returned from a 37 day cruise to the Med on the Nieuw Amsterdam.. We booked our Rome tour with RomeinLimo (RIL)who picked our group of 7 at the ship. (RIL) did an outstanding job in making our day of Oct. 26 in Rome magical and memorable! They picked us up in a luxury van, had a professional driver who spoke excellent english. All the important sights were done. It would of been impossible to do it all on our own. RIL suggested that we hire a private guide for the Vatican and we were so happy that we did. Our guide Catherine was very knowledgeable, spoke eloquent English, had a great sense of humour. At the end of the Vatican tour we noticed huge line-ups of people waiting to get in. Our guide knew where to go and what to do thus bypassing long lines. We would not hesitate to recommend RIL again and will recommend them to anyone.....RIL made us a special itinerary which included a fabulous authentic Italian lunch in a local restaurant. They had also recommended the sites for us to purchase our Vatican and Colisseum tickets which we had pre-purchased. That recommendation also allowed us to bypass the long lines. Of outmost important is the fact that RIL will custom make us a schedule that allows us to see all of the important sites in Rome and will bring us back to our ship in a very timely manner. They were outstanding and top notch. I would not ever hesitate to recommend them to my family and all travellers.

We were part of a Romeinlimo tour in Florence a couple of weeks ago and it was superb!!! Gean was our tour guide and he went above and beyond to make our tour special. He was very informative and shared so much with us while tailoring the tour to meet our preferences. Often, guides take over and are more concerned about their agenda than that of their customers. That was not the case here. I hope to return to Italy again and would definitely book another tour with Romeinlimo. In addition, if we get to Florence, I would certainly request Gean. I miss it already and long to go back soon!!!

Peggy (and John) :)

Hello,

Just arrived back from a family vacation.

Used RomeInLimo!!! They are 5 star service!

Do not hesitate to book your tours with them.

Excellent drivers, incredible tour guides, wonderful fast

and courteous service!

We had nick and Serena! Could not say enough

great things!!!! Wow!

If you have any questions... Feel free to ask!

Thanks so much RomeInLimo for making our stay in

Italy and incredible one!!!

Just got back from a Med. cruise where we booked RomeinLimo for tours for Livorno (Tuscan hill towns), Naples (Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano) and Rome. All three were great. I had requested Laura for Livorno as we had her as a driver 4 years ago. She showed up and was just as good as I remembered. Arranged lunch at a farm with olive oil and wine tasting, great antipasta, homemade pasta. Only the four of us were there. No big tour buses. At Pompeii, we had a guide and she and our driver Carmine found us an entry point where two of us who are handicapped were able to see almost all of Pompeii. We had Vinnie as a driver in Rome and we sort of dictated our own activities that day but he did find us a great little family restaurant for lunch. As usual, RomeinLimo did a superb job.

Mary Lou

Just returned from our 14 day Meditterenean Cruise on Celebrity Reflection. Used Rome In Limo for three shore excursions in Naples, Rome, and Pisa/Florence. Our drivers Tomy, Alberto, amd Clara were very knowledgeable and,ade us feel like family. 100% satisfied amd will definately use again.

For anyone questioning booking a tour with Rome In Limo ..... Wonder no more! We had such a short time in Rome so we wanted to pack as many sights in as short of window as possible.

We were picked up promptly at our hotel and headed out to a fantastic (fast but fantastic) tour. Nicola was an excellent guide, he showed us all the sights. His information & knowledge of history was fantastic.

I can't say enought great things about Rome In Limo & Nicola but I can say that if I ever have the fortune to return to Rome, They will be on the top of my list to contact.

Not I and have used them several times...why did you?

Yes, at least 3 of us that I know of and no we didn´t all go on the same tour or on the same cruise. I don´t want to go into too much detail at this time because of credit card investigations. I was just curious in case there were other people who had.

Sandy in Spain

Edited by Host Kewlguy