RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I have booked Rome in Limo for 3 tours this summer. They unfortunately only take payment in cash or traveler's check at the end of the tour. Should I be concerned with carrying around that much cash? I'll probably pay in traveler's check. I wish they took credit cards.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

I have booked Rome in Limo for 3 tours this summer. They unfortunately only take payment in cash or traveler's check at the end of the tour. Should I be concerned with carrying around that much cash? I'll probably pay in traveler's check. I wish they took credit cards.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

This is discussed regularly here. Travelers checks work well for this situation, even if they have very little other application anymore. You can ask for the largest check denominations that work for your costs, to cut down the "bulk" of travelers checks. We used travelers checks last time for our 4 R-i-L rides, and will most likely use them again next year when we go again.

ATM is the other choice, if you have time and the withdrawl limits on your ATM are acceptable for the amounts you need.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I would highly recommend you to use ATM's daily, you will find them allover, but first call your bank and inform them about your oversea trip.

Have fun :)

This is discussed regularly here. Travelers checks work well for this situation, even if they have very little other application anymore. You can ask for the largest check denominations that work for your costs, to cut down the "bulk" of travelers checks. We used travelers checks last time for our 4 R-i-L rides, and will most likely use them again next year when we go again.

ATM is the other choice, if you have time and the withdrawl limits on your ATM are acceptable for the amounts you need.

Thank you, Bruce! I'm looking forward to the tours. I have one family member doubting my choice to go with a private tour vs cruise tour. This thread is helping to reassure my decision immensely!

Thank you, Bruce! I'm looking forward to the tours. I have one family member doubting my choice to go with a private tour vs cruise tour. This thread is helping to reassure my decision immensely!

You will absolutely not regret going with a good private tour vs. the pathetic cruise excursions! :)

You will absolutely not regret going with a good private tour vs. the pathetic cruise excursions! :)

I totally agree. You woun't regret private tours, and Rome in Limo certainly. Not for a minute.

Thanks for raising the issue of traveler's checks - I had been wondering about that. We brought some to Italy a few years ago but had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to cash them. Can you pay Rome in Limo directly with the traveler's checks? Do they give you change? Do you buy the traveler's checks in Euros (you must have to do this, right?) Any details on how to do this would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for raising the issue of traveler's checks - I had been wondering about that. We brought some to Italy a few years ago but had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to cash them. Can you pay Rome in Limo directly with the traveler's checks? Do they give you change? Do you buy the traveler's checks in Euros (you must have to do this, right?) Any details on how to do this would be very much appreciated!

All discussed here frequently. Rome in Limo only accepts Euro Travelers Checks and Euros. I would suggest you plan in advance how many Euros you need for Rome in Limo, then give them as much in Travelers checks as possible, the balance in Euros. Don't plan on them making change.

I've just returned from a 3-month holiday in Europe where I had booked many tours who wanted to be paid in cash at the end of the tour. I used a

money belt to keep my cash out of anyone's sight and securely tacked next to my body. I was in Europe last year but I definitely noticed this year that the pickpockets have quadrupled especially among kids 16 yrs old & under.

You will NOT regret your decision, we have used RIL for two different Med trips in both Rome and Naples. They are an excellent company and the tour you recieve will be FAR superior to what the cruiseline does.

You can also exchange your Euro Travelers Checks on the ship for Euros if you are concerned about them being accepted. Have a wonderful trip!:)

The ship will cash your travelers checks too, we did that on our last cruise and it worked well. We bought Euro Traveler Checks, yes. Hope that helps.:)

All discussed here frequently. Rome in Limo only accepts Euro Travelers Checks and Euros. I would suggest you plan in advance how many Euros you need for Rome in Limo, then give them as much in Travelers checks as possible, the balance in Euros. Don't plan on them making change.

We also paid RIL inTravelers Checks (Euros) and the tip in Euros...agree it was a very easy transaction.

I would never ever choose a ship tour over a private and intimate experience. There are so many different ports with reputable tour companies. Romeinlimo is certainly my choice for all the Italy ports. There is just no way to compare the two. No one should ever make you afraid of touring with any company that has such a great reputation. You get so much more for your money and more importantly (at times) your precious time in these amazing cities.

Don't look back! You'll love everything about the Romeinlimo experience. From the booking process to feeling bad at the end of the day that you made a local friend and was a part of a great, personal experience. You will NOT get that on a ship tour. That is guaranteed as well.

I would never ever choose a ship tour over a private and intimate experience. There are so many different ports with reputable tour companies. Romeinlimo is certainly my choice for all the Italy ports. There is just no way to compare the two. No one should ever make you afraid of touring with any company that has such a great reputation. You get so much more for your money and more importantly (at times) your precious time in these amazing cities.

Don't look back! You'll love everything about the Romeinlimo experience. From the booking process to feeling bad at the end of the day that you made a local friend and was a part of a great, personal experience. You will NOT get that on a ship tour. That is guaranteed as well.

Thank you, hylasgirl! Can't wait to have a great experience with RIL!

I too am not a fan of ship excursions as we also had an amazing private tour with RIL in Rome...However...We did use the ship offered "DIY" for some of our ports in the western med...and was surprised at how great they actually turned out.

Easy transportation, very knowledgeable and helpful on bus guides, budget friendly and the ability to be on our where we didn't feel a private guide was totally necessary.

Sometimes it's best to consider all your options and not just assume going private is the only way to go. JMHO and personal experience on our first visit to these particular European ports.

I too am not a fan of ship excursions as we also had an amazing private tour with RIL in Rome...However...We did use the ship offered "DIY" for some of our ports in the western med...and was surprised at how great they actually turned out.

Easy transportation, very knowledgeable and helpful on bus guides, budget friendly and the ability to be on our where we didn't feel a private guide was totally necessary.

Sometimes it's best to consider all your options and not just assume going private is the only way to go. JMHO and personal experience on our first visit to these particular European ports.

Sometimes ships tours are okay, we used one on Santorini..but in places like Rome where there is SO much to see and so little time private tours can get you to so many more sites, no waiting for stragglers on a bus, no stops to places you

aren't interested in, tours customized to what you want and the ability and knowledge to make changes if there is rain or other problems like strikes that the cruise line can't do anything about. And the cost is VERY comparable for what you get sometimes even less when you share a minibus or van We loved all our encounters with RIL and wouldn't consider using anyone but them wherever they are available. To each his own, of course!:)

Edited by Gracie115

I have booked this for 2 of us--I am not getting very far on trying to get others to join from our group--most of them have already booked their tours.

As it is VERY costly for only 2 I am wondering if anyone that has used them ever asked if they had others who might need to join a group for the cost to come down? It would be great for just 2 but way too costly should I just write & ask them or does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

I know we have quite a while to go yet..but I do worry about the cost of this one..so trying to figure out what we can do--I do not want to take the ships bus to edge of the city nor do I want to try to do it ourselves. (we also have a guide for the Vatican & it has also added to the cost).

Maybe you could ask rome in limo if they have a shared tour you could sign

up for. It's worth a shot. I am sure there are people like you that would like to save money as it's not much more for 4 people than 2. We have been lucky to have people want to share 4 of our tours from our roll call even though there are very few people on it. I know I have looked at tours that do group booking

for you. Good Luck!

Sometimes ships tours are okay, we used one on Santorini..but in places like Rome where there is SO much to see and so little time private tours can get you to so many more sites, no waiting for stragglers on a bus, no stops to places you

aren't interested in, tours customized to what you want and the ability and knowledge to make changes if there is rain or other problems like strikes that the cruise line can't do anything about. And the cost is VERY comparable for what you get sometimes even less when you share a minibus or van We loved all our encounters with RIL and wouldn't consider using anyone but them wherever they are available. To each his own, of course!:)

Yes...As I posted above...We "also" used RIL for our day in Rome..The other ports it wasn't as necessary as it was in Rome, at least to us since using the ship DIY worked out well for certain selected ports. Always nice to consider all options and yes I agree go with whatever works out best for you. :)

How long does it take them to reply to a booking? I booked last night and still have not heard from them.

Thanks

"Last night" Be a little more patient they usually respond very quickly and if Jany is still the person responding, you can count on it...We had an amazing private tour with them in Rome...you won't be disappointed. Enjoy !!