RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

I am helping my mother and sister plan their excursions for this summer's Med cruise and they have already decided on using RIL for the Rome Highlights tour. As for Florence, they want to spend the day in the city without the Pisa add on. Would it be worth it to use RIL to create a customized tour or do you think they can do it as well on their own if they prepurchase tickets to the Uffizi and the Accademia?

I am helping my mother and sister plan their excursions for this summer's Med cruise and they have already decided on using RIL for the Rome Highlights tour. As for Florence, they want to spend the day in the city without the Pisa add on. Would it be worth it to use RIL to create a customized tour or do you think they can do it as well on their own if they prepurchase tickets to the Uffizi and the Accademia?

My opinion is to contact RIL and tell them what they want to see and whatever else they want to do. This is a great company. The person who will respond is named Janey and she is so nice. I do 't think you will regret booking with them

Hi we can only comment on the service RIL provided from Naples, they were excellent and made our day perfect we could never have done this on our own, our guide was knowlegeable regarding the area etc., and as Rome is such a large place you would need somebody who knew exactly where to take you to get the best from your time there. We are planning another visit to Rome and would certainly not hesitate to use them, hope your mother and sister enjoy their trip.

We are just back from our NCL Spirit med cruise. We used Romeinlimo for three ports. Fabulous!!!! Well worth the extra money. They are a wealth of information. We had Elizabeth in Florence/Pisa she was amazing, kept us moving and informed on everything!!! We had Franco in Rome. We were a challenge for him since two in our group had been before and wanted to be dropped different places. He was wonderful. Took us to this amazing little key hole on top of a hill where when you looked through you saw the Vatican. Giovani was our guide in

Naples. Took us on the beautiful Amafi coast and Pompei.

I would recommend them to every one!!! Made each port special and used the little time we had to the max.

Franco is wonderful. He was our driver in Rome last Tuesday.

I would totally go with Romeinlimo for Florence! I've had some of my most amazing days with RIL out of Livorno. Tweak the day any way you want. They are very accommodating.

If all they want to do is the Uffizi and Accademia, it can be done pretty easily by train only. However, if they want to see some of the highlights of Firenze, having the private transfer and guide assistance is well worth it, in my opinion. Even though RIL's car or van will not be able to drive around the pedestrian areas downtown, they can still help your mom and sister see more than just could by simply taking the train and walking. Plus, they would have the flexibility/option of stopping somewhere (e.g. Pisa, Lucca or elsewhere), if they elect to do so either on the way or on the return later. Edited by Terpnut

We too are planning our shore excursions and are considering utilizing RIL. How difficult is it to find them at the port? How is payment made? Do you pay prior to the trip or at the time the service is rendered?

We too are planning our shore excursions and are considering utilizing RIL. How difficult is it to find them at the port? How is payment made? Do you pay prior to the trip or at the time the service is rendered?

RIL will have a sign with your name on it. We paid both tour guides at the end of the tour in Euros. They are wonderful

It couldn't be easier :) You'll pay at the end of your tour in euros.

Just a comment---in the past when I have used RIL--I found it easier to meet up with your group ON the ship (find as easy place to group together)--so you can come out together & not have to find everyone amongst the crowds--if everyone meets say 15 minutes before disembarking--they have yoru name on sign--& off you go--we were ahead of everyone doing it this way. No one says you should do this--but I found it worked pretty good for us.

RIL will have a sign with your name on it. We paid both tour guides at the end of the tour in Euros. They are wonderful

In addition to the above and an option you might consider...We paid our RIL driver with Travelers Checks in Euros...Very easy...just signed them and gave them to him. We then tipped him in cash Euros.

Just a comment---in the past when I have used RIL--I found it easier to meet up with your group ON the ship (find as easy place to group together)--so you can come out together & not have to find everyone amongst the crowds--if everyone meets say 15 minutes before disembarking--they have yoru name on sign--& off you go--we were ahead of everyone doing it this way. No one says you should do this--but I found it worked pretty good for us.

This is exactly how we have done all of our group tours, we meet in a lounge and leave ship together...makes it much easier!

Just got back from a 34 day cruise on HAL Ryndam, and once again set up a tour to Pisa and Florence with RIL. I have been using them since 2006 and have recommended them to many friends. Never had a problem of any kind. Our guide this time was Elizabetta, who was, as expected, outstanding in every way, making suggestions as to what to see, and taking us to locations for superb photos. RIL is an excellent company and as long as I can continue to cruise, they will be my guides of choice. Many thanks to Jany for an easy booking process.

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise of 34 days on the Ryndam. Livorno was one of our ports of call and once again my husband booked a tour with RIL. There were 8 of us on this tour. We were met at the dock by Elizabeth holding a sign with our name on it. This was the first time we had met Elizabeth and she was a real delight. We have always had excellent driver/guides from Romeinlimo and Elizabeth excelled. She is a resident of Pisa and on our way there picked local routes so we could avoid the early morning congested traffic of the highway. She was a wealth of information about her city - and stopped on the way to show us local beauty spots that we would have otherwise missed.

On arriving in Pisa we were taken around the Field of Dreams and deposited at the back of the field - bypassing the long walk from the arched entrance and thus giving us more time to explore the beautiful buildings and even check out the gift/souvenir shops across from the field at the end of our visit there.

Then off to Florence and a stop at Michelangelo Plaza - but on the restaurant level rather than the top. We had a much better view of the city and the Arno river from this level - ideal for pictures.

We then headed off to see the city-starting at the magnificent Cathedral - Santa Maria del Fiore and the beautiful Baptistery before being taken to the Piazza della Signoria. Elizabeth left us there for about three hours. We went our separate ways, exploring.

Four of us went to the Restorante il Bargello and sat outside with a wonderful view of the square and the Palazzo Vecchio and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch of pizzas and wine. Then Dave and I spent time enjoyed the magnificent statues in the Piazza and exploring the area.

We then followed the directions given to us by Elizabeth and walked out of the square and left towards the Ponte Vecchio. On the way we passed a store selling wonderful cheeses and wines and stopped in for a look and a taste.

Eventually we reached the bridge and had the opportunity to walk across it - looking in all the wonderful shops on it. They are all shops selling gold and jewellery.

Elizabeth met us at the appointed time and next we went to see the Basilica of Santa Croce, the principal Franciscan church in the city, which is situated on the Piazza di Santa Croce, about 800 metres south east of the Duomo, and is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Foscolo, Gentile, Rossini, and Marconi. The tombs there are magnificent. What is really strange though is the fact that there is just a simple plaque for Leonardo da Vinci - the most brilliant of them all.

Elizabeth drove us around to show us places where da Vinci was reputed to have lived and the home of Galileo and eventually it was time to return to the ship after a wonderful tour.

Elizabeth was an absolute delight - bubbly and enthusiastic - and eager to show us the delights of her area as well as give loads of information on the history of the region. She is a real asset to Romeinlimo and we highly recommend her services.

We just returned from Rome and used romeinlimo for our transportation from our ship to our hotels. We were 4 couples and stayed in various locations in the city. Our driver, Luigi took excellent care of us! He cheerfully loaded all the bags. Rome has some very tight little streets...those that had hotels down these not drivable little streets had Luigi's help in dragging their bags to their hotel. This was amazing to all of us. We have used this company before and the other couples will do the same. Excellent job RomeinLimo!

All--

We are just back from a wonderful TA on Celebrity Reflection. From the port of Livorno we had booked a full day tour to Siena and the Chianti wine region using Rome in Limo. There were 8 of us.

We were met at the port by our driver, Gian (we thought his name was John but he was too polite to correct us!). We drove through a drenching rain to get to Siena. Gian's driving skills were amazing and we safely arrived and he found a parking spot opposite the Duomo.

After an hour and a half of exploring on our own we headed out through the beautiful Tuscan countryside (the rain had stopped!) for a "Light Lunch" at a winery Gian suggested. It was fantastic! Great food, great wine and great value!

Our route back to the ship was through new country so we got to see quite a bit of Tuscany on our short visit.

Rome in Limo and, especially, Gian, did not disappoint!

Frank in sunny and warm SBA:cool:

All--

We are just back from a wonderful TA on Celebrity Reflection. From the port of Livorno we had booked a full day tour to Siena and the Chianti wine region using Rome in Limo. There were 8 of us.

We were met at the port by our driver, Gian (we thought his name was John but he was too polite to correct us!). We drove through a drenching rain to get to Siena. Gian's driving skills were amazing and we safely arrived and he found a parking spot opposite the Duomo.

After an hour and a half of exploring on our own we headed out through the beautiful Tuscan countryside (the rain had stopped!) for a "Light Lunch" at a winery Gian suggested. It was fantastic! Great food, great wine and great value!

Our route back to the ship was through new country so we got to see quite a bit of Tuscany on our short visit.

Rome in Limo and, especially, Gian, did not disappoint!

Frank in sunny and warm SBA:cool:

Hi there, We were on the Silhouette just prior to you - did the Reflection get hit with a rather large wave? At least that was the story that went around the ship. We got into Rome on April 29 and also used Rome in Limo

Two thumbs up from us for RomeInLimo, we used them for our shuttle to Civitavecchia for our recent Silhouette cruise. They were prompt (5 minutes early, actually), the vehicle was super comfy and we traveled to the port in style. I highly recommend their services! :)

Ask for Elizabeth. She was wonderful.

We too just returned from the transatlantic and used RIL for the Pisa/Florence tour,. Our guide was Elisabetta...wonderful, wonderful guide. Great tour made even better by her! Elisabetta went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful day !

We too just returned from the transatlantic and used RIL for the Pisa/Florence tour,. Our guide was Elisabetta...wonderful, wonderful guide. Great tour made even better by her! Elisabetta went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful day !

We are booked with RIL for Pisa/Florence in early June. Were you able to go into the various places (Pitti Palace, Santa Croce, Duomo) and, if so, did you feel that you had enough time in each place? Tickets for those places must be purchased on site (I think?) so I'm wondering if there is enough time for everything when you consider lines, etc.

When I try to imagine fitting everything into the day, I am struggling to see how it is possible unless you don't actually go INTO the places. I can't imagine that being very good, though. We will go to Pisa in the morning (probably won't climb tower) and then the Accademia in the afternoon. It's the in-between I'm trying to figure out!

Thanks!!

We did Pisa, not to be missed. I think we then asked to detour to Tuscany....gorgeous...not enough time in Florence.....make sure you go o the keyhole.....I'll not say more....just tell driver you want to see the keyhole....

In addition to the above and an option you might consider...We paid our RIL driver with Travelers Checks in Euros...Very easy...just signed them and gave them to him. We then tipped him in cash Euros.

Can you tell me where you purchased your Travelers Checks in Euros? Am considering using them also.

Thanks.