RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We signed up with RomeInLimo for 4 stops on our recent Med Cruise on Serenade of the Seas. Been home less than a week

We just want to thank all of our guides - Clara in Florence, Francesco in Rome, Diego in Naples & Alex in Sicily. They were so different but all so knowledgeable, and professional. We left each and every port thinking that we had made new friends. These drivers/guides are so kind and actually seem to care that you have the best time on your tour. We had private tours for just the 4 of us at each stop. This made it possible for us to see so much more and get dropped off closer than the big buses offered by the cruise line.

In one day we started the day visiting the Leaning tower of Pisa, driving through the countryside on way to the olive oil factories, ending the day at Florence, visiting the museum to see "David" and walking the streets of Florence and we were back to the ship before 5pm. Thank you Clara.

Another day we visited every site that Rome has to offer. We actually visited not just a drive by. It was a dream come true for all of us. We feel that we definitely saw everything there was to be seen at each port. Thank you Francesco and also for getting us back in time to the ship with all that crazy Rome traffic.

We hired guide for Pompeii and the Vatican museum as suggested through RomeInLimo and both Alessia and Michela were excellent. Michela brought Pompeii to life for us. We could almost see the everyday life was like in Pompeii through her vivid descriptions. Highly recommend spending the extra money for guides at these two places. Diego took us to lunch in a small restaurant in Positano that had amazing food and breath taking views of the Amalfi coast. Thank you Diego.

Finally Sicily and a trip to Mt Etna, Taormina and then on to the all important shopping in Messina. Thank you Alex.

I highly recommend this company. We chose to pre-pay for these tours before we left home. It was a little scary sending money to someone that you only heard of on the internet but they were so professional and answered all our emails inquiries very quickly. It made us very secure in trusting them and our trust was not misplaced. They delivered on their promises and then some with the most professional, knowledgeable staff that we have ever had the pleasure of touring with. Thank you all so much for making this trip so special for us.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask them. Having just come back last Friday, I'm more than eager to talk about our amazing experience with this company.

Thrilled to see another satisfied customer. We too had Francesco in Rome. Loved him! So charming, full of knowledge and a real ambassador of Rome. I couldn't believe how much we saw in one day. We also prepaid, made it so much easier than having to put aside the Euros for the tour. Of course we had Euros for the tip. RIL truly delivers.

Edited by celebrity

We also had RIL for 3 ports and loved the experience of being able to beat the crowds and the lines! Seeing so much more than the poor folks on the big buses...

Money well spent for a once in a lifetime trip - IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We participated in the Naples Enogastronomic Tour during our cruise on NCL EPIC in May 2014! What an awesome food tour and great way to see Sorrento and the Naples countryside! Our driver, Tony, spoke excellent English, had an amazing sense of humor, and was extremely hospitable. He is originally from Sorrento and was very knowledgeable about the area and all the food sites we saw. Everything about this tour was great, but come prepared to feast...we had mozzarella tasting, olive oil tasting, lemoncello tasting, made our own pizzas, and finished up the day at a great winery partway up Mt. Vesuvius.

Great company to work with as well...we tried to set this up for a shared tour and advertised via our Cruise Critic Roll Call but it ended up being a private tour for the two of us when no one else was interested. All email communication with Jany at the Rome in Limo office received prompt replies and they easily flexed to a private tour from a shared one. I saw great reviews of this company on a number of cruise message boards and can say without a doubt that they lived up to their reputation.

Highly recommend this tour and this company! Thank you, Tony, for a fantastic experience!

Ditto! We had Tony for the Gastronomy tour from Naples to the Sorrento area in early May. He was just amazing, and we had a fabulous time! He's from that area, and seemed to know everyone at each of the stops. Thanks so much, Tony!!

I have used RomeinLimo several times. They are really good to deal with on line; they deliver their services on time with great efficiency in clean modern

vehicles, usually Mercedes.

The drivers really know their stuff and are particularly helpful; their recommendations are well worth following.

Rob

We booked Rome In Limo for 2 tours an airport transfer on our Mediterranean cruise. We had a party of 6 and everything was fantastic. Elisabetta met us at the port of Livorno. She was waiting for us with a sign with my name on it right on time. She was full of energy and very informative about the history of the County. She made us feel very welcome. She informed us that we would go to Pisa first to miss the crowds. She was very excited not to see any tour buses and we had an excellent view of the leaning tower Pisa. Then on to Florence. She stopped at an overlook where we were overlooking Florence. We then made out way to the city of Florence. She always made sure to drop us off as close to the points of interest as we had some people with mobility issues. This was very much appreciated.. On the way back to the port she took us to a very impressive view of the Tuscany Country side. AWESOME!!!! Elisabetta was a excellent guide.

We also booked Rome in Limo for our stop in Naples. Here Tony met us right on time

with just as much energy and passion. He knew that the Tunnel was going to be closed

and traffic would be bad so he adjusted the tour for the least amount of impact for traffic.

We chose just for a photo stop at Postitano as Tony advised us that streets were

very steep. We arrived in Sorrento and Tony gave the highlights of the city where he

lives and dropped us off for shopping. He made reservations for us at a local

restaurant where we enjoyed lunch, We then were off to Pompeii. We had a sing along

with Tony. He provided us with he lyrics to Thats Amore and Volarie which was fun.

In Pompeii were met by a private guide that was arranged for us by Rome In Limo. We

Then returned to the ship in plenty of time and Tony gave us a bottle of the famous

Limoncello. Tony was also an excellent guide.

Our last service from Rome In Limo was the transfers from the port of Civitavecchia to the airport. I had arranged a pickup time of 9:00 and Michael was there at 8:30. We were off the ship early and on our way to the airport by 8:40.

Jany was excellent in assisting with the online reservations and helping with any changes that needed to be made. Never being to Europe before it was a little intimidating but this company made us feel Welcome.

Rome in Limo uses Luxury Mercedes Vans which were all air conditioned and very comfortably. I would highly recommend them to anyone as you will get a better personal tour and price than on the ship.

:)

We just had a fantastic all day tour with Francesco. He picked us up early at our hotel in Florence, and we were off to Siena. Francesco (the second, after the Francesco who lives in the Vatican:D:D;) ) is a wealth of knowledge, which he shared with us. After a couple of hours in Siena, we visited a small, very old town in a hilltop fort- very picturesque! Then continued on to a small Chianti winery for a private tour, tasting and lunch. Excellent! Then we finished with a great overview of Florence, both literally, from an overlook, and in reality, driving and walking thru the main areas, seeing most of the sights. Then, the best gelato in Florence.

Francesco was the perfect driver and host as we visited "his" Florence, and was a great pleasure to travel with. Thank you Francesco, and thank you Jany and Duman!!!

I have done the 8 hour tour of Rome and the Vatican with Romeinlimo and we used a guide, they were fantastic. I would not have know what I was even looking at without her. It was well worth the extra money, you won't be sorry.

We used RIL in all our port stops in Italy a couple of weeks ago and it was the best decision we made. All the guides/drivers were very courteous and attentive. We were several groups of 14 which included a driver and a seperate guide for Florence/Pisa (Lurica), Rome (Nicol) and Pompeii/Almalfi Coast (Costanza). The guides we had were all very knowledgable and really put forth great efforts in making sure our visit to Italy was memorable. Way to go RIL! No hesitation in recommending them! :)

This is a really long thread!:D I read a few of the first pages, and then went to the end and worked backward for about 10 pages. I didn't see this question asked, but it may be in there somewhere - can you say what you want to see, or do you have to follow their "tour"? We would like to visit the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel/St. Peter's Basilica and possibly the scavi for part of the day, have a nice lunch and then perhaps a visit to the Forum before returning to Civi on our day in port. At the moment, on our roll call, no one else seems interested, but closer to the time we may gather more of a crowd, or we may still just be a twosome. Any advice?

This is a really long thread!:D I read a few of the first pages, and then went to the end and worked backward for about 10 pages. I didn't see this question asked, but it may be in there somewhere - can you say what you want to see, or do you have to follow their "tour"? We would like to visit the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel/St. Peter's Basilica and possibly the scavi for part of the day, have a nice lunch and then perhaps a visit to the Forum before returning to Civi on our day in port. At the moment, on our roll call, no one else seems interested, but closer to the time we may gather more of a crowd, or we may still just be a twosome. Any advice?

RIL will do what ever you would like but they have been doing this so well for so long I would look at their website for suggestions and e-mail Janey about what your interests are.

They will do anything you would like. They are good about timing for crowds and when you are best off at the Vatican. I encourage you to let them engage a guide for you at the Vatican, they are wonderful and you will get so much more out of that visit.

PS we used them in 3 ports and found them wonderful!

Edited by nana541

RIL will do what ever you would like but they have been doing this so well for so long I would look at their website for suggestions and e-mail Janey about what your interests are.

They will do anything you would like. They are good about timing for crowds and when you are best off at the Vatican. I encourage you to let them engage a guide for you at the Vatican, they are wonderful and you will get so much more out of that visit.

Thanks for that. I will email them and see what they suggest.

Thanks for that. I will email them and see what they suggest.

Before you send that e-mail look at their website it gives great excursions that are designed to exactly what you wanted....

Before you send that e-mail look at their website it gives great excursions that are designed to exactly what you wanted....

I did look at the website, about 6 times! I don't see exactly what I want, but the Rome As You Wish is closest, so will email them about that.

I did look at the website, about 6 times! I don't see exactly what I want, but the Rome As You Wish is closest, so will email them about that.

RIL will do exactly as you wish, those are just their basic suggestions to get you started !

We used them in 2011 for a walking tour of the Vatican on the day of our arrival in Rome and was very pleased.Guide was knowledgeable and able to bypass all the lines. Next day Rome tour we had the driver without the guide. As prior mentioned the only place a guide would be useful would be the coliseum but there are self explanatory signs and so crowded we occasionally latched onto a group tour and listened . So pleased with RIL that I'm hiring them again for another day in Rome. So much easier to navigate with a driver and get it all in on limited time.

They also drove us to Civatavecchia to meet with the ship. When we got there I realized I left my passports in the hotel safe. They were very helpful and understanding in getting us back and forth and were nice to discount our trip back and forth. Jany who is the online booking person is wonderful,helpful and so pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend Rome in Limo very reputable company.

Last week we used RIL for Rome (Vinnie) and Livorno (Raffaele). I can't say enough good things about RIL. They were wonderful! In Rome we told Vinnie what we wanted to see and what we wanted to skip. Before driving back to the port, he said he had a surprise for us and took us to Janiculum Hill overlooking the city for a great photo opp! It was an exhausting day but lots of fun.

In Livorno we booked the San Gimignano/Volterra tour. Raffe lives in Tuscany so he was a wealth of information. He asked us if we liked wine (do we ever, my daughter has a wine blog) and would we like to go to a winery for a tasting with lunch (not included in price of tour)....bottom line it was fantastic. San Gimignano was our favorite and we all agreed this day was the highlight of our cruise!

I would definitely book RIL again and highly recommend them!

Elaine

We used RIL for tours in both Rome and Florence on our May Emerald Princess cruise in the Med.

We had an amazing time in Rome with our guide Franco. There were 6 of us and the minivan was comfortable with bottles of water for each of us waiting. He gave us a cell phone to use to call him when we were ready for pick up at each stop - a very nice touch. We saw so many things including extras that were not listed on the original plan. He gave us tips on what to do in each area to maximize our time and experience. Being picked up and dropped off a block from the attractions allowed us to save time so we could see more. You could never get a big cruise tour bus that close. We had an exellent tour with Elisa at the Vatican but 2 hours in not enough! We felt like we raced through it.

We toured Pisa and Florence with Elisabetta who added her dramatic touch to the background information she gave as she drove. We went to Pisa and went to a location were we were able to get pictures before anyone else got there. It was perfect. In Florence we saw some beautiful views as well as smaller sights that we did not expect. There was more free time than in Rome and were able to visit the Ufizzi as well as the cathedrals and still have time to shop. She waited for us on a side street. It worked out great.

I would highly recommend Rome in Limo. There is no issue at all with getting back to the ship on time and you will have an experience that is cheaper than the ship's tours, more comfortable and more in depth. We used a group of 6 (met them here on the Cruise Critic roll call) and Jany was very patient with our changes and requests. It was so easy - we will be sure to use them again on our next trip to Italy!

Dianne & Paul

We have used Rome in Limo many times on previous cruises and decided we had to use them again. We were docked in Livorno and already visited Pisa & Florence so we asked for something a little different taking in the Tuscan countryside. Jany put together the Volterra & San G tour as advertised but added in the wine tasting with lunch at a private estate (extra cost but well worth it). We loved the little towns of Volterra & San G and would love to go back again one day for longer to explore all the lovely shops, streets and restaurants.

Our wine tasting was amazing! We had 9-10 different wines, pairing foods and lunch. Safe to say we were all very happy after about 30 mins! It was the highlight of the day and the winery were great hosts.

Gian, our driver & guide, was very knowledgeable and friendly. We couldn't fault anything and it's great to be able to visit places with a nice small group rather than the large shore excursions from the ship.

Cannot recommend them highly enough and will be using them again on our next trip to Italy.

Very interested in the Volterra/San G tour you took. Can you share the name of the winery/estate they took you to for lunch so i can request it? thankyou

Can't wait til next time...I'll have to try winery tour. We did detour to Tuscanny and went to an olive place, but that season is September, I believe. I went in July, sunflower season. I'm sure if you contact Jani, he will give you ideas other than the run of the mill stuff. In Naples, we did the Amalfi Coast and ate in La Tagliata, which has billion, not million, dollar views. Not a problem with RIL....I'm sure they have suggestions for every port in Italy. I lucked out and was able to do tours with them in Rome, Livorno/Florence and Naples.....did and saw everything, including Pisa and Pompeii ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by mrobstad

Very interested in the Volterra/San G tour you took. Can you share the name of the winery/estate they took you to for lunch so i can request it? thankyou

I am not the person you asked but I think we may have gone to the same winery. Ours was Tenuta Torciano. We didn't ask Jany when we booked as it was suggested to us by our driver. It was not included in the price of the RIL tour. You paid the winery separately after your tasting and lunch (they take credit cards). Like the other poster, we agreed this day was the best of our cruise! The wine tasting/lunch was an additional fifty euros per couple and well worth it. The winery has a website and is on FB if you are interested.

I am not the person you asked but I think we may have gone to the same winery. Ours was Tenuta Torciano. We didn't ask Jany when we booked as it was suggested to us by our driver. It was not included in the price of the RIL tour. You paid the winery separately after your tasting and lunch (they take credit cards). Like the other poster, we agreed this day was the best of our cruise! The wine tasting/lunch was an additional fifty euros per couple and well worth it. The winery has a website and is on FB if you are interested.

thankyou. i have heard of tenuta torciano and wondered if this was the place the OP was referring to? thanks for the reply :)

How far in advance did you book with them. Going next June. How did you choose your tours. Have never been to Italy. Going to Civitavecchia (Rome) Italy, La Spezia (Florence/Pisa) Italy, Naples (Salerno) Italy. Which tours did you choose?