No more past guest pins.

Fat Boy

...and they DO sell them in the gift shop for around $3.00 ea.

I bought extras on the Conquest in March. Not exactly the same, but close enough!

I didn't see them in the gift shop. I would have purchased them.

I'm bummed. I am one of those who keeps everything as memorabilia. That sucks!!!!!!!

John Heald posted this on his blog today:

I had a chat with our Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations Roberta Jacoby about this just a few days ago and all options are being considered. For now, we are working quickly on making them available in the onboard shops and at the same time finding ways to maybe distribute them differently as before when so many were wasted. One thing is for certain………I don’t think we realized just how passionate people are about the pins.

:)

Thanks for posting that Mach. I 'm glad they are listening to the past guests and possibly bringing them back in some way.

They'll be back but I expect to see them in the Gift Shops before they return as a Past Guest perk...

John Heald posted this on his blog today:

.. and at the same time finding ways to maybe distribute them differently, as before when so many were wasted.

Good to see that Carnival is identifying and addressing wastage issues. ;)

First they cut down on the midnight buffet because it was simply food wastage

-a photo event that few people actually ate at-

and now pin wastage! Well done, Carnival!

Maybe the right thing to do is have the pins available only at Customer Relations

and those pax that ask for them, shall receive.

Those that don't...won't.

But don't just place one in every cabin for the heck of it: those distribution days are done!

I didn't particularly "use" the pins - they are sitting in a drawer somewhere in my house. But I do feel bad for those who collected, and enjoyed them. Maybe they can make them available at the purser's desk, for those who ask for them - less waste that way. Truthfully, I would not bother asking for them - that is 4 more pins in someone else's pocket who really wants them. But I do think the pins will make an appearance in the gift shops instead - that way Carnival can rationalize producing them, as they will make a profit by selling them. It all comes down to the bucks.

DW got her 2nd one with the invite to the Legend's past cruisers party last week! I notice one gentleman wearing a sportscoat that had both lapels and more covered in pins. Wow!!:D

There's a picture of him on John Heald's blog today - apparently he's trying to sail on all 22 Carnival ships in one year. Wish I could do that!

I think maybe they should have a supply of them at the Past Guest parties, so those who want one, can take it, and those of us who don't can just get a drink!

That would cut down on the number needed, and the wastage, while still satisfying those who DO collect them...and I am guessing the majority of those who keep them also routinely attend the party.

Either that or give the Past Guests a coupon they could take to the Pursers Desk, but that seems like a hassle for the Pursers and the Guests.

Folks at Carnival are reading this thread so I'm sure they're keeping track of all the ideas!!

I should add - I think they should give a free cruise to the guy who came up with that idea....(now we'll see if Gerry is really paying attention. lol.)

Like I stated before, they should make the pins available for all the ships in the fleet to include the ones that are retired. That way folks can buy the ones that are missing from their collections. The positive side is that it would not take up that much room if the rack is designed properly.

Dave

I should add - I think they should give a free cruise to the guy who came up with that idea....(now we'll see if Gerry is really paying attention. lol.)

He may be paying attention but he's not payin' for cruises...

;)

I was surprised to see this thread still so active, we are all for cutting costs to continue cruising as we are accustomed!!! That being said, I love the pins to and we have ours

displayed with our pictures and S & S cards. We have a deck room with big sections from each cruise displayed, our family and friends love seeing it all and now we have recruited alot of people to our love of cruising, next cruise was just the two of us...now we have 10 people booked!! woo hoo, We love Carnival

I think maybe they should have a supply of them at the Past Guest parties, so those who want one, can take it, and those of us who don't can just get a drink!

That would cut down on the number needed, and the wastage, while still satisfying those who DO collect them...and I am guessing the majority of those who keep them also routinely attend the party.

Excellent idea! One per couple would also cut down on the waste.

Either that or give the Past Guests a coupon they could take to the Pursers Desk, but that seems like a hassle for the Pursers and the Guests.

No, when 2000+ are past guests, they couldn't handle that traffic.

My idea has been to have a coupon and trade it for a pin with your room steward........

and perhaps be able to buy more from the purser.

No, when 2000+ are past guests, they couldn't handle that traffic.

My idea has been to have a coupon and trade it for a pin with your room steward........

and perhaps be able to buy more from the purser.

I like the idea of being able to have a coupon/form in your room that has a box that you can check "Yes" I would like the pin and then the room steward leaves it there for you.

I dislike the idea of having to go to the past guest party to get the pin. I enjoy collecting the pins, but haven't attended the past guest party for several cruises now.

Wow, when I kicked this off, I was just venting... I'm glad to see it meant something to so many out there.

So here's the options I've read so far...

* Available in the gift shop for sale

* Available for free at past guest party for those who want them

* Available to anyone who asks at the pursor's desk

* Coupon with your PGP invite to redeem with your room steward

* Coupon ... redeem by checking box and leaving in cabin

* Coupon ... redeem at pursors desk

* Coupon ... redeem at PGP (similar to above, but have to have the coupon)

* Go back to the old way

And here's one I haven't heard yet... Have all pins for the fleet for sale in the shop (a la Jetskier's suggestion), then give one coupon per cabin (that has a past guest), reredeemable at the gift shop for ANY of the funnel pins. That would allow those past guests who want a pin to get one for free, but still drive traffic to the store. I'm sure the store is capable of handling the extra load of people turning in the coupons, and I've never gone in the store without buying at least three extra things.

And I think the OP needs to get the free cruise... Or at least a collection of pins. You listening Carnival?

By the way... still looking for a pin for the Celebration. If anyone has one they're willing to part with for a reasonable, holler my way!

Wow, when I kicked this off, I was just venting... I'm glad to see it meant something to so many out there.

So here's the options I've read so far...

* Available in the gift shop for sale

* Available for free at past guest party for those who want them

* Available to anyone who asks at the pursor's desk

* Coupon with your PGP invite to redeem with your room steward

* Coupon ... redeem by checking box and leaving in cabin

* Coupon ... redeem at pursors desk

* Coupon ... redeem at PGP (similar to above, but have to have the coupon)

* Go back to the old way

And here's one I haven't heard yet... Have all pins for the fleet for sale in the shop (a la Jetskier's suggestion), then give one coupon per cabin (that has a past guest), reredeemable at the gift shop for ANY of the funnel pins. That would allow those past guests who want a pin to get one for free, but still drive traffic to the store. I'm sure the store is capable of handling the extra load of people turning in the coupons, and I've never gone in the store without buying at least three extra things.

And I think the OP needs to get the free cruise... Or at least a collection of pins. You listening Carnival?

By the way... still looking for a pin for the Celebration. If anyone has one they're willing to part with for a reasonable, holler my way!

Hey there Fat Guy....It's Mom....LOL....

That is the "BEST" suggestion yet........

Carnival....do you see this one ???????

I like this suggestion also as it solves all of the problems.

1. Only those people get the pins that wants them.

2. The person has a choice of getting a pin for their current ship or if they already have one, one from a ship they may be missing.

3. Traffic is being driven to the gift shops.

To save paper, I would make the invitation perforated so that the coupon could be part of it. You tear off the coupon to redeem.

Hey, Mach can you forward it to John?

Dave

Archived