How's the coffee?

readytogo2

Having sailed on Princess 5 times, I can honestly sat that their coffee is not that good, as a matter of fact at times it's downright awful. I tolerate it but on my last cruise, I broke down and bought a coffee card. With it, you can get unlimited freshly brewed coffee. The coffee on the Lido, in the dining rooms and from Room service is made from a syrup concentrate.

I was just wondering how's the coffee on Carnival. I did a search on the threads and didn't find much on the subject. I appreciate any replies.:)

Coffee in Lido deck restaurant is typical cafeteria-type coffee, drinkable but not anything special. Coffee after dinner in dining room is pretty good, similar to good restaurant coffee. You can also order cappuccino and espresso after dinner in dining room free of charge. It is pretty good. Once we figured out you could order the cappuccino and espresso, that is what we always order and have been fairly happy with it. Hope this helps.

Coffee in Lido deck restaurant is typical cafeteria-type coffee, drinkable but not anything special. Coffee after dinner in dining room is pretty good, similar to good restaurant coffee. You can also order cappuccino and espresso after dinner in dining room free of charge. It is pretty good. Once we figured out you could order the cappuccino and espresso, that is what we always order and have been fairly happy with it. Hope this helps.

Hey ...that's great about the specialty coffees in the DR that are free:D...seems Princess nickel and dime their customers more.

I'm what you call a wussy coffee drinker. At home, I add some flavored creamer (OK, maybe more than some!), and on the cruise ship, about 1/3 of the cup is half and half...it tastes great to me.

Having sailed on Princess 5 times, I can honestly sat that their coffee is not that good, as a matter of fact at times it's downright awful.

That's putting it mildly!;)

I find the coffee on cruises weak - I take International Coffee and add to it and is fine for me. I have not and will not own a drip - just has no body and no taste. I like coffee that whacks you in the head and wakes up the senses.

The specialty coffee is seriously overrated. Drank it once, never again.

The free coffee aboard ship is similar to what you might expect from a hotel banquet service.

On my last trip on the Liberty the coffee from both the Lido machines and room service was actually disgusting. I can normally drink coffee even if it's a little rough (eg, hotel room coffee) but I could not finish a cup on the ship unless I bought it from the pay-place. The regular coffee was undrinkable IMHO. I think the machines needed a clean.

I didn't try the coffee in the main dining room but I have read it can be the same as the Lido coffee (unless you order a special).

I am what you could call a coffee hobbies. I don't jsut make my own espresso; I roast my beans. I do this because i got tired of the stale beans that are sold in the store.

My opinion of CCL coffee? The stuff in the lido is undrinkable spew. The free epresso and specialty pay stuff is not half bad. They use Lilly brand (most popular brand in Italy) and overall it is better than Charbucks and costs less.If you are into flavored drinks, they use Davinci syrups which are much better than the Torani syrups most use.

IMO....Carnival coffee is OK....but Princess coffee is just terrible - I truly could not drink it all week.
Wife says the "coffee" on Ocean Village Two isn't great either

-comes out of a can, and you can taste the can...'oily' she says..

(I don't drink coffee)

She maintains that Carnival coffee in the Dining Room.. is OK!

We didn't like the buffet OR the dining room coffee on the Imagination. We discovered the coffee shop and found the specialty coffee there to be OK. For our next cruise, we're planning to get a coffee card, and we also found these little coffee filter holders that will fit on top of a coffee cup, so plan to take some Dunkin's and order hot water from room service so we can brew our own. (We really like our morning coffee!:D)

Having sailed on Princess 5 times, I can honestly sat that their coffee is not that good, as a matter of fact at times it's downright awful. I tolerate it but on my last cruise, I broke down and bought a coffee card. With it, you can get unlimited freshly brewed coffee. The coffee on the Lido, in the dining rooms and from Room service is made from a syrup concentrate.

I was just wondering how's the coffee on Carnival. I did a search on the threads and didn't find much on the subject. I appreciate any replies.:)

On past cruises with Carnival I have found the coffee perfectly drinkable. However, they may have changed the coffee they use. They do have complimentary Cappiccino, and Latte in the dining room when lunch and dinner is served. They are the only mass market cruise line that seems to do this.

Archived